Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Soothing sounds?

Halberd

(edited)

The sound of rain in the night. I love it.

Edited by Guest

Cat purring, Storms when youre in a tent (don't ask), decent bass lines (more of a musical soothing thing) and the sound of a steam loco/train just chuffing along - British engines only, all other locos are too clunky and rough sounding compared. Its really specific this one

Rainstorm sound, wind and leaves, gentle creeks, the crackle of fire when getting lost in the flame.

Also, I've been playing hollow knight. Gotta say, the atmosphere they have managed to achieve is beautiful.

I had my character idle for awhile, just so I could enjoy the ambience.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I love the sound when it sleets. Sadly since no forms of winter precipitation aside from freezing drizzle exist where I live anymore I never get to hear that anymore. T.T

I recently visited a friend who owns rocking chair. I had almost forgotten how comfy those things are and how soothing their squeking is. Now, I wouldn't like to listen that sound coming from the corner of dark room while I'm trying to sleep :sealed: (that would be creepy), but when sitting in one, sound is important part of the experience. I suppose that same goes for metallic creaking of swings. I also like echo of footsteps. One simple and monotone noise repeating itself is surprisingly relaxing.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I love the sound of bubbling water, too, but my favorite is a cityscape...I live in the city, but whenever I'm sleeping over outside the city, I find it very hard to fall asleep.

Honestly the majority of ASMR on YouTube relaxes me. It can even give me tingles.

Other than that:

Rain

Air conditioners

Sound Machines

Someone typing on a keyboard

Quiet car motors

1 hour ago, Rainbow Dash said:

When i read soothing sounds, all i can think of is ASMR videos.

Oh my goodness, he is my favorite ASMR guy on YouTube!!! He is the best at so many different types of sounds and triggers :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Maud! Has anybeing mentioned Maud Pie?!!? 'Cause Maud! Seriously & Honestly, Maud! I'm not usually one to swoon, but Maud's voice is just the most awesome thing ever!

Like, Limestone & Rainbow Dash have that cute little raspy squeak to their tomboyish voice, but Maud~! Her voice is like the deep bass reverb of a speaker or the vibrations of a massage chair! You can just feel it in yer boooones, maaan!

Speaking of voices, I've always had a thing for the Scottish accent & to a somewhat lesser degree, Irish's lilt. Something like Sean Connery... or Mad Munchkin's youtube videos. She does a smattering of pony-related stuff too. I just know, one of these days I'll find myself in front of somebeing with a thick scottish accent and I'll just totally zone out & drool on myself like a creeper while they talk, lol!

Hmm, and the sound of a clock ticking has always been relaxing for me too. Though that takes the right mindset. If I'm impatient or nervous, it'll just send me into a Lesson Zero-style batty fit! Sometimes it's peaceful knowing time keeps going on, evenly & sure... but not always!