LaPony

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google search.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Long story as stated above.

Hello everybodypony!

So, obviously I'm new here. Decided to finally join because I wanted a community to possibly discuss more about our kindred love of all things pony or various other topics that tickle my fancy. Have enjoyed the show for on and off years, but didn't become an "official" fan until last year, so here I am!

What to say about myself? I guess I could start with what got me into pony, which is an odd and long story. I LOVE cartoons, will never grow out of them(considering some of them are aimed at adults anyway). Steven Universe, Fairly Odd Parents, Archer, Rick and Morty, Ninjago, etc. Around 2011, a friend and fellow cartoon enthusiast said that MLP:FIM was a great show, to which I basically responded, "Uh...it's for little kids." and wasn't at all interested. That changed when she said it had been created by the same folks who made Power Puff Girls and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends(I am assuming she meant Lauren Faust). So I figured it might be worth a look one day.

Boy oh boy, when that one day came... I watched the first episode and naturally had to watch the second one, since it's a two parter. I was confused as to why I was still watching by the fifth episode and by the time I had binged watched nearly half of the first season I was thinking, "I love these ponies!" Sadly season one wasn't finished at the time, so I kind of waited and forgot about ponies for a while. Didn't actually get involved with communities or fan stuff. It was sort of just a show that I found entertaining.

Fast forward a couple of years and I heard some hullabaloo about Twilight becoming an alicorn and this new Equestria girls thing. By the time I thought, "Huh, I like princesses. I should watch that again." season four was already up to the Breezies episode. So I saddled up(pun intended) and binge watched all the new ones after re-watching the first half of season one. Then I forgot about pony again.

FAST FORWARD another few years and I had been through a long and very tiring event in my life that had drained nearly all the sanity out of me. Not going to go into depressing details, but it basically was filled with sweat and tears and was related to another fandom project that I had invested an entire year of my life into. As much as I loved the fandom and the thing itself(had been an active part of it for 20 years), that event in my life had been too much and trying to enjoy that thing again only brought back the bad memories of that one last project. So I decided to move on.

Started filling my life with other cartoons. Hadn't seen this Rick and Morty everyone keeps talking about. What's this Bojack Horseman that's got some great VAs? Sounds good, too. Steven Universe? Need to catch up on some episodes. Oh yeah! Pony is still a thing!

So I had nearly six full seasons of pony to binge watch. Although I cheated a little and watched the season openings and closings of the first three and some of my favorites that I remembered and something this time around just clicked and I wanted more pony and to get involved in the fandom. Probably because I had a hole left over from my previous romp, but I'm actually glad it happened, because I definitely like MLP more. What's better than adorable horses with magic and cuteness and sparkles and-*system error*

Well, I could add more about myself, but that story is a dozy! So, tl;dr, I'm a lazy artist! I like to write and read fanfiction! Twilight is best pony! Zecora is best pony zebra!

• Brohoof 7

So glad you joined us! My story is slightly similar. I had started liking MLP about 5 years ago, but then kinda fell out of it. Then during the summer and come fall of last year I found two of my closest friends had loved MLP! So I hoped aboard the fandom train and have been so happy ever since! And this is a great place really. So many fun and friendly people with so much support! I hope you have a great time here @LaPony!

Sincerely,

Lunarpalette 

• Brohoof 2

Thank you all! I can already tell from the welcomes that this is a great community, I'll definitely enjoy it here. I've been frequenting Equestria Daily ever since I got into the fandom, but I'm a bit uncertain with their discussion sections. I'm much more comfortable in a forum setting, like this. Makes conversations so much easier to follow and respond to!

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Huzzah! Welcome! I also love rick n morty. Can't wait for season 3.

Thank you! Oh man, Rick and Morty is so awesome! The attention to detail and continuity in that show. I love the theories that people have about Rick's universe hopping. Always love a show that's got that overall, super mind-blowing twist like that. I also love the fact that S3E1 came out on April Fool's, ha!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, LaPony said:

Thank you! Oh man, Rick and Morty is so awesome! The attention to detail and continuity in that show. I love the theories that people have about Rick's universe hopping. Always love a show that's got that overall, super mind-blowing twist like that. I also love the fact that S3E1 came out on April Fool's, ha!

I watch RarityDash react to it, I already saw all the episodes, but its nice to see what parts others find disturbing witty or funny.

Hello Lapony, nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies here. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..  :) 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...