Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Multiversal War (1x1 with reader8363)

Bronyfordays

https://mlpforums.com/topic/165310-multiversal-war-1x1-with-reader-8363-ooc/ OOC

"I'll miss you," Sparker said to his only friend, Yellow Striker. She was a unicorn pony about the same age he was, but there was a small difference, Sparker was a dragon. He was dark blue with green eyes and was about ten feet high. All his life he wanted a friend, as he was banished from his hometown for a crime he didn't commit. Eventually, he was found innocent but that was eight years ago, now he was eighteen. He traveled for a while but found himself in Equestria with his new friend, Yellow Striker. Now, for some reason, he was chosen as the ambassador of the dragons for the expedition to another galaxy. Probably because nobody wanted him, especially the dragons. 

"I know Sparker," Yellow said. "But you'll be back before you know it. Wormholes are much faster you know."

Sparker chuckled, "Yeah, I guess. But what if I don't come back?"

Yellow frowned, "You will, I know it."

Sparker sighed, "All right. I guess I'd better get going." 

As the two hugged, Sparker had a gut feeling that something was going to go wrong, but he ignored it. Instead, he waved goodbye and walked towards Canterlot Castle. He could see the ship not too far away. As he walked towards the castle, he noticed a red pegasus going the same way. She probably was the pegasus ambassador. Realizing this, Sparker walked over to her.

"Hi!" He said.

Rose hugged her parents, as her father was leaning on his scythe, he reached out and messed with her hair. She said as she left them, "Once I get back I'll go flying with you. He nodded and waved goodbye, then he wrapped an arm around mom.

@Bronyfordays
She started walking up the stairs when she heard someone greeting her. She looked over to the dragon ambassador, from the sight of him. She smiled and said, "Hello sir."

"Please, call me Sparker," Sparker said, smiling as they walked up the stairs.. "Sir is too formal." Which was true, nobody had ever called him sir, and he didn't want that to start now. Even if he was an ambassador.

Rose nodded and said as she started to fly and gave a small bow, "Pleasure to me you Sparker, My name is Rose Beast." A portal opened up and a sword in a blue sheath came out. She sighed and threw it onto her back, muttering about her dad.

Sparker was intrigued by the portal, as he didn't know much about magic, "It's nice to meet you. But what kind of magic is that? And why the sword? It's not like we're gonna be fighting." Even though he said that, he was still nervous about what would happen on the trip.

She turned Sparker and said as she landed on the stairs and started walking, "That's my family magic, unlike unicorn magic, any race can use it. Basically, we don't know what going to happen, so it's better to be prepared and I forgot my sword."

"Ok," Sparker said, he didn't like thinking that things could go wrong. Then he realized that they had reached the doors to the castle. two guards in their usual armor were posted on either side.

"Halt!" They said in unison. "The castle is not receiving visitors at this time!"

"Oh!" Sparker said. "We are ambassadors, I'm the dragon ambassador, Sparker."

Rose stopped next to Sparker and said as she bowed for a bit, "I'm Rose Beast, ambassador for the pegasi." She knew that others would just bow for royalty, but her father taught her that it was gentleman and lady-like to show the same respect for everyone.

Sparker noticed the bowing and thought it was a bit much, but he honestly didn't put much thought into it. He was taken out of his thoughts as the guards said, "Alright, the meeting room is down the hall, third door on the left."

Once the guards opened the door and moved out of the way, Sparker gave a nod of acknowledgement, and walked in.

Rose nodded to the guards and said, "Thanks." Then she followed Sparker to the room, she really didn't care about the art, walked in, constructed a cushion of shadows on the floor, and sat down on it, waiting for the meeting to start. 

Sparker looked around the room, it seemed Rose and him were the last two to enter. All the other ambassadors were here. Minotaur, unicorn, earth pony, griffon, zebra, yak, crystal pony, deer, and donkey. There were two that he didn't expect though. He did hear that there was a changeling revolt recently against the tyrant queens. But he didn't expect one to actually be here, it made him nervous. He didn't have a good history of changelings. The other was a diamond dog, he heard that they were rather unintelligent. But he was still an ambassador. There were two other ponies in the room. Plus a weird creature that seemed familiar. It looked like a mismatch of different creatures. Sparker looked back to the two ponies. He easily recognized them as the solar princess, Celestia, and the lunar princess, Luna. At last, Princess Celestia spoke.

"Good morning, my friends. I am very glad that you all chose to come here. I know it must be hard leaving your families, but this expedition is necessary. Before we begin, however, I'd like to start with introductions. My name is Celestia. I am the co ruler of Equestria." Celestia then nodded towards Luna.

"I am Luna, the other ruler, and the alicorn ambassador for this mission," Luna said. This brought a couple murmurs. Sparker didn't expect an alicorn ambassador, but nobody said anything. Celestia then nodded towards Sparker.

"Oh! My name is Sparker, the dragon ambassador," Sparker said. Then Celestia nodded to the unicorn ambassador.

"My name's Bright Flame," the female unicorn said. "I am the unicorn ambassador." Then the minotaur was chosen.

"The name's Streak," he said. "The minotaur ambassador." Then the changeling.

"I am Moonlight," he said. "The changeling ambassador." Then the earth pony.

"My name is Joyous Blossom," he said. "Earth pony ambassador."

Next up, Celestia nodded towards Rose Beast.

Rose stood up and gave a small bow and said, "My name Rose Beast, the pegasus ambassador. It's a pleasure to meet you all." She stood up, sat back down in the chair, grabbed her sword off her back and laid it out across her lap.

Sparker noticed the odd stares Rose was getting. Probably because the sword. Then Celestia nodded towards the diamond dog. His name was Jax. Then the male crystal pony, whose name was White Star. The female deer's name was Trunk. The male zebra's name was Zeb. The female griffon's name was Lucky. The male yak's name was Ying. And the donkey's name was Hoff. 

Rose watched everyone, with tension growing inside her. She got her wings ready but kept them down, not to make anyone else nervous. After everyone was done introducing themselves, she gently cleared her throat and said, "So, since I think every ambassador is here, what's next?"

Celestia nodded and cleared her throat, "Next, we will discuss the expedition itself." She then took out a map of what seemed to be the solar system and another that looked like a different solar system, and put them on the center table. She placed a hoof on our solar system. "As you know, we just recently finished exploring our solar system. Our probes have come from other parts of the galaxy and have shown no new signs of life. Therefore, we must head to the first solar system in the neighboring  galaxy. In total, there are nine decently sized planets orbiting a large sun. There are plenty of moons surrounding these planets as well. It is our belief that this system holds extraterrestrial life."

Then there was quite a bit of mumbling after that last sentence. Sparker was shocked as well, aliens? The thought really hadn't crossed his mind until then. "What do you think about this Rose?"

Rose listened as she leaned back in her chair while making a back for it. She was surprised that there might be other life in another galaxy but didn't really show it. She shrugged her shoulder and said, "Honestly, I'm surprised, but it's not impossible since we don't know a lot about space

Sparker nodded, then looked back to Celestia as she waved a hoof to silence the ambassadors. "I know this may come as a surprise, but we can't know for sure until we get there. That is why all of you are being chosen to board the spaceship, to find what's out there, and come back within a year. Any questions?"

(edited)

Rose grabbed her sword and said as she used it to prop herself up and let her shadow go back to into its original form, "I don't know everyone here, but, from experience, it might be that almost all the question we have will be answered when we get there. So I suggest we get moving."

Edited by reader8363

Sparker raised an eyebrow at Rose's impatience, but said nothing again. But to his surprise, nobody asked any questions. 

"Okay, good," Celestia said. "If you'll follow me towards the ship then..." 

Looking at the maps one last time, Sparker followed the rest of the group. He looked back at Rose, "Why were you so impatient?" He asked.

Rose placed the sword on her back and said, "It's one of the things that you pick up from doing 'jobs' for ponies, don't ask a lot of questions and to waste too much time, or they'll get mad." She rolled up one of the maps of Equestria and placed it under her wing. She didn't know why she grabbed it, but she felt like it would come in handy.

• 4 weeks later...

Sparker studied Rose intensely, she was a curious one, at the very least. He also wondered what she meant by jobs, but decided that he would ask later. But anyway, Sparker followed the other ambassadors and Celestia as they reached the docking area, the ship wasn't too big, designed to hold about 30-40 of us. The ship was also sleek silver, and had 3 exhausts on the back. Other than that, not too special. Windows lined the sides. Once everyone reached the ship, Celestia called for everyone to stop.

When Celestia told them to stop, she stopped abruptly and sat down, not out of exhaustion, but out of known that there might be lecture on the ship. She looked around at the other ambassadors to see their movements