Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When hearts grow cold. Chapter one: Shadows fall [epic] [adventure] [dark]

Scribblegroove

I'd also like to have it done privately. I believe that we all have the ability to make it work effectively. So far we've had some well thought out responses. :)

If anything, it will give us the opportunity to have even more to work on and give our responses extra individuality.

Also agree with the PM'ing; if yah will. :)

Hmm, an adventure RP with some of my old friends? Sounds like too much fun to pass up. I suppose I'll throw out an application. This is perhaps the most 'out there' character I have ever made, but it was a lot of fun creating my own culture and homeland.

Name: Dancer

Race: Zebra

Role: Guard/Soldier

OC page link: here it is

Special equipment:  The sword of a Zebrican Khan. They say that a Khan's blade is imbued with the wisdom of a soothsayer and the spirits of every Khan that has held it. The thin blade appears as if it would shatter on impact but strangely shows no sign of wearing.

@Convergence

Accepted!

Very glad to have you back. You should make your appearance quickly, I'll be moving the story on in a day or two.

@PathfinderCS@PonyOfWar@Dark Horse@Lil' Lovebug@SilverHeart@Golbez@EQ_Theta  

I see not many new posts were made lately. I specifically tried leave some time for your characters to meet and learn about each other before the briefing starts, and it will start soon, so make sure to introduce yourselves quickly! I'll try to make a post to propogate the conversation a little, I aplogise for not doing this faster.

Another question for you guys. This question may be a bit vague, so you might not have an answer at the ready immediately, but I'd like to know what kind of development you'd like to see in this adventure. Of course I have a lot of this planned, but I'd love to cater to your expectations since that often provides for more interaction and initiative, and ultimately gives more motion to the story.

Would you like action and combat, describing how your character prevails against stark odds, especially when they're not versed in combat and need to push themselves to their limits to succeed.

Would you like to explore the inner workings of magic and metaphysics, learning more of how the world truly works and what mysteries could be revealed

Explore the world and it's many peoples, having to traverse strange landscapes and alien cultures to find the clues you're looking for

Find out how history is involved in all this. What led to this strange culmination of events and why things are happening the way they are?

Develop your character alongside the other players and various members of both cast and original NPC characters and interact with the MLP world we know and love?

Or, let me take the reins and guide and railroad you through a story I'd like to tell? Watch the show so to speak?

Give me your insight on what you expect of this roleplay. Maybe not now, since we have just started, but keep my question in mind as we progress, and help me give direction to the story. If I reveal something, or you realise something, that makes you think "Wow, I'd like to see/know/experience more like that!" definately let me know!

Also, if you guys want and are comfortable with it, it might be a good idea to exchange skype or discord. I always love to chat about the various ideas players of my campaigns might have, and I think direct conversation works best for that.

My skype is: Scribblegroove

My discord tag is: Ivondras#9533

You can add me if you want :)

@Scribblegroove

Sincerest apologies! I didn't mention that I've been away on vacation for the last few days and have had little time to post. Sorry about that! >_<

Just got back yesterday so I'll catch up and make my next post very soon~

1 hour ago, Convergence said:

@Scribblegroove

Thanks, glad to be back! Don't worry I plan to make my appearance soon. Seems like perfect timing for me to show up :D. Just to be a stickler, shouldn't I receive a letter prior to showing up :P?

OH SHIT I completely forgot. Ill get on that right now lol

On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 0:39 PM, EQ_Theta said:

Replies will be slow from my end for a few days. My grandmother passed away recently so I might not be near a computer to send replies but I'll try to post some when I am able. Apologies in advance. 

Also I just realised that I never replied to you. Yes take all the time you need, my condolences.

(edited)

Will do, I had made a post to start a bit of a conversation but ended up waiting for more to respond. I guess that falls into the issue you spoke of before 'everyone waited on others to respond till it died' at the same time I didn't want to flood the RP with posts. A little bit of a bind but I am still around, active and willing to commit to the role play. 

I will take what you said here into consideration as well! A lot of these ideas sound great to me. History and adventurous environments specifically. I enjoy learning about the motives of our opponents and what lead up to the situation as well as going through dangerous environments, rough weather and strange cultures.

This really sounds like it will  be something! I will make a post tomorrow. 

Edited by PonyOfWar

I think I have a way to integrate Techno into the RP:

NAME: Techno Universal

ROLE: I don't know at this point. Possibly a detective.

OC PAGE LINK:

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: N/A

So what happened to him exactly before the RP?

Well Techno was close to taking action when he heard that Star Swirl's sell books had been stolen but before he did he was attacked in his lab by the thieves themselves. The group then used magic to completely format his primary memory drive and shut him down. He was then dumped in a bush in the everfree forest and left there to rot. So how he appears in the RP is the main group find him in the forest and try to revive him. Also like any computer he dose have a ROM section of his drive that cannot be erased no matter what. So all his ROM has is basic functions so he basically can't do any magic unless he relearns it or he won't remember anything at first about his attack. :)  

Definitely leaning towards history and exploration with the Star Swirl-related premise. I think that sounds like it could tie in to the villain characters of this RP.  

On 2017-5-5 at 7:18 AM, Convergence said:

Hmm, an adventure RP with some of my old friends? Sounds like too much fun to pass up. I suppose I'll throw out an application. This is perhaps the most 'out there' character I have ever made, but it was a lot of fun creating my own culture and homeland.

Name: Dancer

Race: Zebra

Role: Guard/Soldier

OC page link: here it is

Special equipment:  The sword of a Zebrican Khan. They say that a Khan's blade is imbued with the wisdom of a soothsayer and the spirits of every Khan that has held it. The thin blade appears as if it would shatter on impact but strangely shows no sign of wearing.

I quite like this character, reminds me a little of the Unsullied from GoT.

@Scribblegroove

I think it's a bit too early for me to say where what I'd like to do with Logic during the course of the rp, but I'll certainly take into consideration.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Golbez said:

I quite like this character, reminds me a little of the Unsullied from GoT.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words! When designing Dancer, I realized his tribe like homeland would be perhaps too similar to Dothraki from GoT. Something I really did not want especially for a show that popular. So I tried to make their culture a bit more spiritual. Perhaps this made him seem more like Unsullied. Never thought of that but I sure get the connection now.

I am very excited to see how Logic Bomb will react to Dancer who has a very spiritual outlook on life, forgoing logic and reason. If you want to chat some more about Dancer and his culture, hit me up with a PM :). I think that my mail-pony got lost. Once I get my letter, ill join the fray :P.

Edited by Convergence

On 9 May 2017 at 10:20 AM, Scribblegroove said:

OH SHIT I completely forgot. Ill get on that right now lol

Also I just realised that I never replied to you. Yes take all the time you need, my condolences.

So has Techno Been accepted into the RP? Also another note is when he experiences things that are very similar to his original memories it would recover that memory as it's based off how storage drives work in real life. It's like in real life when you delete something the item doesn't actually get deleted until it's overwritten with new data. All it does when you delete something is update the file registry to say that there's no data in that location and new data can be written there at any given time. :)

On 9-5-2017 at 0:23 PM, Techno Universal said:

I think I have a way to integrate Techno into the RP:

NAME: Techno Universal

ROLE: I don't know at this point. Possibly a detective.

OC PAGE LINK:

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: N/A

So what happened to him exactly before the RP?

Well Techno was close to taking action when he heard that Star Swirl's sell books had been stolen but before he did he was attacked in his lab by the thieves themselves. The group then used magic to completely format his primary memory drive and shut him down. He was then dumped in a bush in the everfree forest and left there to rot. So how he appears in the RP is the main group find him in the forest and try to revive him. Also like any computer he dose have a ROM section of his drive that cannot be erased no matter what. So all his ROM has is basic functions so he basically can't do any magic unless he relearns it or he won't remember anything at first about his attack. :)  

I'm sorry but I don't think mechanical creatures or alicorns really fit into how I interpret the MLP universe, and I don't really see him fitting into the roleplay. Very sorry, your idea is interesting, and I hope you develop it further, but right now it's rather bare bones, just an idea, not really a whole character.

22 hours ago, Scribblegroove said:

I'm sorry but I don't think mechanical creatures or alicorns really fit into how I interpret the MLP universe, and I don't really see him fitting into the roleplay. Very sorry, your idea is interesting, and I hope you develop it further, but right now it's rather bare bones, just an idea, not really a whole character.

Well to be honest it seems that way to some people but because Techno literally has a universal personality that is exactly the same to my real life personality. It's just his personality might be soo big to the point where it appears to be not much. :)

1 hour ago, Techno Universal said:

Well to be honest it seems that way to some people but because Techno literally has a universal personality that is exactly the same to my real life personality. It's just his personality might be soo big to the point where it appears to be not much. :)

Well if that is the case you're doing a real poor job propagating this universal personality through your OC page. All I could really read about him was his kind heartedness and tendency to be quirky sometimes

For a creature so powerful and of divine nature, having created a utopia and a species to reside in it, it's a bit strange to have such a human side. What are his motives for sticking around specifically this creation? Where does his fondness for biological life come from if he's a synthetic being? Why decide not to interfere during disasters if he's apparently benevolent to the creatures suffering so terribly in these times? What are the true limits to his powers? What are the faults in his personality and where do these flaws stem from, who created him, or if no one did, how did he come to exist?

So many questions that I can think of in 5 minutes that are unanswered in your character sheet. Even if you can cone up with explanations for these questions you should have provided them in your character page. 

If you're going to try and create a character with near omnipotent abilities, make sure it's well thought out and interesting, develop the concept and make sure you can deliver it to your fellow roleplayers in a way that would excite them. Especially if you plan to play with mortal characters.

The fact that you didnt bother to think of the inplications a character like yours impress upon an RP shows why you really aren't fit for this story. A world has been developed by someone who has their own ideas, and you disregard them by applying with a character that enforces the idea that the creator of reality has a physicsl form, and it's a mechanical alicorn.

Now I'm sorry for being so brusque, but I would suggest trying to create a character with a more simple and easy to integrate base concept. Try to have some fun with simple characters before attempting to create beings on the scale of the divine. It really doesn't work. 

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, Scribblegroove said:

Well if that is the case you're doing a real poor job propagating this universal personality through your OC page. All I could really read about him was his kind heartedness and tendency to be quirky sometimes

For a creature so powerful and of divine nature, having created a utopia and a species to reside in it, it's a bit strange to have such a human side. What are his motives for sticking around specifically this creation? Where does his fondness for biological life come from if he's a synthetic being? Why decide not to interfere during disasters if he's apparently benevolent to the creatures suffering so terribly in these times? What are the true limits to his powers? What are the faults in his personality and where do these flaws stem from, who created him, or if no one did, how did he come to exist?

So many questions that I can think of in 5 minutes that are unanswered in your character sheet. Even if you can cone up with explanations for these questions you should have provided them in your character page. 

If you're going to try and create a character with near omnipotent abilities, make sure it's well thought out and interesting, develop the concept and make sure you can deliver it to your fellow roleplayers in a way that would excite them. Especially if you plan to play with mortal characters.

The fact that you didnt bother to think of the inplications a character like yours impress upon an RP shows why you really aren't fit for this story. A world has been developed by someone who has their own ideas, and you disregard them by applying with a character that enforces the idea that the creator of reality has a physicsl form, and it's a mechanical alicorn.

Now I'm sorry for being so brusque, but I would suggest trying to create a character with a more simple and easy to integrate base concept. Try to have some fun with simple characters before attempting to create beings on the scale of the divine. It really doesn't work. 

It's just what I've done is I've tried to cleverly compress Techno's information into a general idea format. Otherwise simply his character information would be soo big to the point it's millions of characters in size. So with one paragraph for every explanation and thousands of them you should get the idea. But any explanation you need to know about Techno I could easily write up. It's just a case of asking for certain sections of his information. :)

@Techno Universal

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude or mean spirited, it is not meant to be. I have been slightly upset with the tone you have taken in the last two posts in this thread. I am not sure if it is intentional, but you're responses have come across in a condescending manner which is not appropriate. Scribblegroove's main point is that a mechanical alicorn does not fit within his vision of Equestria for the purpose of this RP, which as a GM, that decision needs to be respected.

One of the greatest skills that anyone can learn is how to really listen to constructive criticism. Scribblegroove has offered a few questions to help refine your character. It is, of course, your decision as to whether you think his suggestions are right. However, all criticism comes from a particular knowledge base, and listening to and accepting these criticisms will only enhance your knowledge and skill in particular fields as you can then reassure that your are right or learn new and better skills. Personally, I tend to agree that if it takes thousands of paragraphs to adequately represent Techno's personality and background, his character is not refined and focused enough to be considered in a finished state. I would be happy to share some of my concerns and suggestions with you, if you want to collaborate with me. I feel that with your creativity and a little more focus Techno and other characters you create would be a very positive experience for any RP.

At this point in time, I feel like we have sidetracked in this OOC page for too long. If you would like to continue this conversation, I would suggest it would be better via PMs to either me or Scribble. Sorry if I overstepped my boundaries in writing this response, but I felt like I couldn't remain silent any longer.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

@PonyOfWar  @EQ_Theta  @SilverHeart  @Lil' Lovebug  @PathfinderCS  @Convergence @Scribblegroove

I really don't wanna be "that guy", but is anybody planning on posting soon?

I mean I get if people are busy, I have a busy work schedule to, but it is nice to have something new to read once ina  while to look forward too. :(

Edited by Golbez
  • Brohoof 1

@PonyOfWar  @Golbez @EQ_Theta  @SilverHeart  @Lil' Lovebug  @PathfinderCS  @Convergence

Now that Golbez mentioned it, I'm actually going to be progressing the story soon. Sorry for the long wait, I've got my final recital coming up, so I have little time to spend on the RP.

I was hoping that Pathfinder and Lil' lovebug would put out a post before I did, but the introductions have taken long enough, and it's time for some action!

Expect me to post tomorrow or the day after that! 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Golbez

Yeah sorry I have been so quiet lately. Not usually like me. Been putting off writing my post for far too long. I will buckle down and get it done now.

edit: all done. Out of curiosity, Am I being too spiritual or different with Dancer's character. I am quite enjoying it, but want to make sure that he is still interesting to everyone else. Should I tone his character down a bit?

Edited by Convergence
  • Brohoof 1