Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When hearts grow cold. Chapter one: Shadows fall [epic] [adventure] [dark]

Scribblegroove

23 minutes ago, Lil' Lovebug said:

@Scribblegroove I updated Amber's sheet, but still feel like it's missing something. Any ideas? (If you don't mind me asking you for help with my character a bit more)

I don't know. I feel the same. It's a bit short, but it entails everything it needs to. Usually I'd try to make it longer as well, but I don't really see any reason to. Your character is nice and clear and I don't think that there's much to add.

Maybe there are a few specific indivuduals or encounters you'd like to describe in detail? Or maybe there's an object she got a hold of during her time as a trader that is very special? That's all I can think of, but otherwise I'd be fine with accepting her the way she is.

3 hours ago, Scribblegroove said:

I'm afraid the way your character is right now, he won't make the cut. I like the idea of a unicorn who'se power is greatly amplified by the night, the stars and the moon, but I specifically stated I'd rather not have combat oriented mages in this RP, and your character seems to almost exclusively be a fighter. Maybe if you have a different character to apply with, I'll have a look at it, but I don't see silvermoon working out for this RP sadly.

Hope you're not too bummed out. I just have a certain vision for this campaign we're all about to partake in, and I need to make sure everything aligns for this RP to work the way I want it to :)

Very well, consider War to be Accepted!

I'll add your character to the OP soon :)

Alright thx for letting me know, I did try to just make my character a rogue, but I have no reason to be bummed you are the GM/DM so what you says goes but thanks for giving my oc a look. :D

@Scribblegroove

Try using Rainbow Sun instead, because my main character (Starlight Shimmer) was created for a very specific roleplay and she becomes an Alicorn, so use Rainbow Sun. Rainbow (as her friends call her) fits the Mage role perfectly, and I can change anything you want about her, because I have designated her to this roleplay. Rainbow Sun has studied some defensive magic, but she is much more useful when you need to summon something, change something, or do something that someone who does not use weapons or offensive magic would be good at. The most aggressive thing that she does is that she can summon a golem, but not an overpowered one. A golem summoned by her can take a lot of hits, but cannot fly, cannot use magic, and somewhat resembles a large, very slow earth pony. It is as fast as a trotting filly (about 7 Mph) and only provides protection, as it cannot attack. Here is Rainbow Sun:

She is definitely not a battle mage. Just wanted to make that clear. 

I'm also sorry about Starlight Shimmer, I should have remembered she was for a specific roleplay. Feel free to make any suggestions on my character, and I'm glad I can contribute. 

Edited by Starlight.Shimmer

So I would like to include my OC Logic Bomb for this RP

Name: Logic Bomb

Role: Detective 

OC page link: (link is in the signature below)

Special equipment: Simple Cloak for outdoor use, Saddlebags, Glasses, Journal with ink set for keeping notes, a simple short sword primarily for self-defence.

• Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, Scribblegroove said:

Hey there! Interesting character, I like his background and the concept of it all!

However, you gave litte insight of his abilities and his personality.

He's a doctor, and he clearly uses magic, but in what way? Is he a surgeon that assists himself with magic? Does he exclusively use magic to heal his patients? Does he have some kind of strange treatment that requires spells for it to work?

You also stated that he runs his mouth frequently, that he's usually friendly but becomes serious when he needs to focus. Is he intelligent, dull, naïve, witty, kind or cruel? What are his beliefs? Does he want to further medical magic and sciences? Does he believe he needs to save as many ponies as he can? Does he want to conduct his own experiments?

Tell me some more about your character. You lave so much out in the open that my imagination just keeps using this to fill up the gaps :P  :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6GmV7foe18

I've updated my character but I can assure you, he is no mad scientist.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM, EQ_Theta said:

I've updated my character but I can assure you, he is no mad scientist.

Hey! This looks a lot better, so congratulations!

Salus 'Salve' Veta is accepted!

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:20 AM, Golbez said:

So I would like to include my OC Logic Bomb for this RP

Name: Logic Bomb

Role: Detective 

OC page link: (link is in the signature below)

Special equipment: Simple Cloak for outdoor use, Saddlebags, Glasses, Journal with ink set for keeping notes, a simple short sword primarily for self-defence.

Accepted! 

I'll add her to the list

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 11:47 AM, SilverHeart said:

Hi Scribblegroove, I noticed you posted a link to an older RP. Is this an ad seeking more players to continue that RP or is this a new start of that RP? I just want to know if I need to do some reading or not to prepare for the RP should I be accepted. Let me know if you need more information than this.

Name: Mirror Image

Role: Scout

OC page link:

Special equipment: Her purple cloak and her mask, though other than being comfort items for her, I don't think there's anything really special about them. She would probably carry a dagger or a knife for self-defense/combat. Other than that, she generally travels light. She'll have her saddle bags,  which she'll carry general supplies in.

Accepted! 

Announcement!

The party is shaping up nicely. We're still looking for a mage, a navigator and perhaps another guard/soldier. The party feels a bit unprotected now.

Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 2

22 minutes ago, :: Mysterious Soul :: said:

@Scribblegroove

Can I use mlp me

here is the forum 

Mysterious Soul

I'm very sorry but I don't think your character will suffice. We already have a designated doctor that I think fits very well, and I'm looking to finish the roster up with a few roleplayers I invited on beforehand. I'm sorry to dissapoint you.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Scribblegroove said:

I'm very sorry but I don't think your character will suffice. We already have a designated doctor that I think fits very well, and I'm looking to finish the roster up with a few roleplayers I invited on beforehand. I'm sorry to dissapoint you.

It's okay~

Hey @Scribblegroove!

Finally got the character sheet finished. Sorry for any delay caused as a result. :adorkable:

Name: Nova Nightstar

Role: Scout/Rogue

OC Page: Here

Spec. Equipment: Goggles that allow him to scan and survey an area, basically acting like advanced binoculars. He would not be wearing the Wonderbolt outfit for this adventure.

3 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Hey @Scribblegroove!

Finally got the character sheet finished. Sorry for any delay caused as a result. :adorkable:

Name: Nova Nightstar

Role: Scout/Rogue

OC Page: Here

Spec. Equipment: Goggles that allow him to scan and survey an area, basically acting like advanced binoculars. He would not be wearing the Wonderbolt outfit for this adventure.

Accepted!

We already have a rogue, but you're more of a scout type, and I'm okay with having multiple of a certain role, as long as it's not too much.

On 25-4-2017 at 11:02 PM, Lil' Lovebug said:

@Scribblegroove I updated Amber's sheet, but still feel like it's missing something. Any ideas? (If you don't mind me asking you for help with my character a bit more)

Are you still interested in joining this roleplayg? I'm okay with accepting you as it is now but you didn't give me the green light yet. Have you finished up your character or are you not yet satisfied?

All righty; time for me to put in my app, and to those who know me this may be a bit of a surprise. :)

Name: Stargazer

Role: Mage

OC Page: (Please note; profile screwed up because of IPB4 upgrade)

Spec. Equipment: Saddle bags, collapsible telescope, glasses, books & manuscripts, scrolls, cloak 

12 hours ago, Lil' Lovebug said:

@Scribblegroove

Oh my bad. Yeah, i think she's as finished as I'll get her now. Sometimes simple is just as good as a complex character.

11 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

All righty; time for me to put in my app, and to those who know me this may be a bit of a surprise. :)

Name: Stargazer

Role: Mage

OC Page: (Please note; profile screwed up because of IPB4 upgrade)

Spec. Equipment: Saddle bags, collapsible telescope, glasses, books & manuscripts, scrolls, cloak 

Well consider yourself accepted!

@PonyOfWar
@PathfinderCS

@Dark Horse

@Lil' Lovebug

@SilverHeart

@Golbez 

@EQ_Theta 

Everyone, I think we're about ready to start. Are all of you ready? Do you have any questions before we begin? I'll put up the RP thread soon. You'll all also recieve a private message from me as part of the roleplay. That would be your letter :P

I hope you're all just as excited as I am to get started soon :)

• Brohoof 4

Posted

But I hope I didn't misinterpret anything, after reading the intro several times I believed your pony to be standing in the courtyard were we meet and that it was close to the princesses.

Please let me know if I misread and I will correct it. 

10 hours ago, Scribblegroove said:

@PathfinderCS@PonyOfWar@Dark Horse@Lil' Lovebug@SilverHeart@Golbez@EQ_Theta  

RP THREAD IS UP!

https://mlpforums.com/topic/165441-when-hearts-grow-cold-chapter-one-shadows-fall/

If anyone has any questions concerning their letters, don´t hesitate to ask!

Replies will be slow from my end for a few days. My grandmother passed away recently so I might not be near a computer to send replies but I'll try to post some when I am able. Apologies in advance. 

I'll be making my post today (so in the next 15 hours or so.) Likely I'll be writing it up while I'm at work and then I'll post it once I'm home. Sorry for the delay.

(edited)

@PathfinderCS@PonyOfWar@Dark Horse@Lil' Lovebug@SilverHeart@Golbez@EQ_Theta  

Alright everyone, now that we've gotten started I'd like to introduce you to the concept of character specific information.

The idea is that all your characters have specific talents. War is a warrior, and a tactician, Salve is a medic and anotomist, Nova is an athlete and flier, and so forth, and so forth.

This means that sometimes, you'll notice something the others don't. Maybe Amber will remember a certain contact of hers, or Logic will manage to deduct conclusions from a large amount of data. There's several examples, but most of all these are clues to move the story forward. These are vital bits of information that I'm giving you to act upon. Sometimes the information is misleading, sometimes it's an obvious trap, but it might also be the perfect oppertunity! Whatever the information is, whatever the situation, I'm giving it for a reason. It's ALWAYS significant to the story.

This doesn't mean that there aren't things to deduct on your own, that you can't solve the mysteries yourself, that you have to act on my cue. The information is rather a helping hand for you fill your role and play your character. Especially for characters like Stargazer, who will get most of her clues from magic, which is a very difficult to grasp concept, or Logic, who will be the detective to sometimes get these surges of inspiration, these hints are almost nescesary for you to be able to accurately portray your character.

My question to you guys is, would you have me post the hint in the OOC like this:

@USERNAME

Spoiler

Hint

Or rather just message it privately, and allow the character in question to act upon it in the roleplay.

The first allows clarity about where the information comes from. Sometimes when people act upon hints sent in private messaging it'll seem like they're just making stuff up. Their character will go "Oh I recognise this, it's from here and there."

At the same time, the second option allows for much more fluid storytelling and won't tempt anyone into using the OOC meta knowledge in game.

What are your thoughts, about the hints in general, and the way to deliver them. Any questions about it?

EDIT: Progressing on this idea, I just realised it would also sometimes be appropriate for you as players to ask me if there's something you should know about. You can do this in the OOC, or in private. Like, perhaps I describe something in the RP, and you can add to it by saying 'Wouldn't my character know something about this?'

Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

My vote is for the second option, sending the information privately. I defianty understand your concerns about the matter, that people might jump in after you share the hint and make it not sound the best or come off random and lacking flow.  I have seen people do this and dealt with it myself. 

But based on those that have posted so far, we seem to have a talented bunch of writers who, if everyone myself included, will take their time to formularte a response seem skilled enough to make it flow. 

Maybe if we try it this way and we butcher it, we can move on to the OOC tactic. That's at least my opinion. 

EDIT: I don't have any questions about the hints however I do the love the idea. It's an interesting way to make sure all OCs contribute and stick to their skills. 

Edited by PonyOfWar
  • Brohoof 1

I definately like the idea of character specific info. I'd probably prefer it sent via pm because it 1)Makes it purely character specific and 2)Makes it easier to ask questions about.

I do understand problems with possible abuse of power, but I feel that that you could easily interject and ask the person to change it.

No questions on my side.

• Brohoof 1