Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How does Pinkie acquire her information?

ggg-2

Pinkie has information on every single pony in town, including likes and dislikes, phobias, and, as evidenced by the latest episode, favorite treats. How does she acquire this information? Does she just ask, (incredibly mundane solution for somepony like Pinkie, but effective) or does her Pinkie Sense tell her?

Well, she could either see the future, be really good at stalking Ponies, or if you subscribe to the theory that Pinkie Pie is a Changeling, she could have a network of Changeling allies helping her.

Edited by Raven Drakeaurd

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye0908 said:

It's because she's Pinkie Pie, and is friends with everyone in Ponyville!

Yeah, but that is not enough explenation. Friends don't tell each other everything and Pinkie Pie does know everything, except for important stuf. ;)

• Brohoof 1

That's... The one where only Pinkie Pike knows B)
Hah ha, geddit?

But seriously, I feel as if her very social and outward nature puts her in a position to find out all of this information in conversation, as well as when planing parties as getting some of those details is required and because she works as Sugar Cube Corner, The people at Pizza hut and the ice cream place near where I live know what my favourites are so it comes as no surprise, she has it all written down after all.

Are you kidding? the way she breaks in and out of the fourth wall, she knows what everyone wants and likes even before they do. Hell she probably knows what each of the viewers wants at this point in time. Never underestimate the power of Pinkie Super Ninja.

That and she is friends with everyone, listens to everyone and everything, and is far more perceptive than people and ponies give her credit for.

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Yeah, but that is not enough explenation. Friends don't tell each other everything and Pinkie Pie does know everything, except for important stuf. ;)

But, Pinkie Pie is a fourth wall breaking, insane pony. She defies all logic, so why is this even a question

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hawkeye0908 said:

But, Pinkie Pie is a fourth wall breaking, insane pony. She defies all logic, so why is this even a question

That is a good one. I have no answer on that. :lol:

Very carefully.

In all seriousness, I figure she really does acquire it simply by asking, and anything she's not told she probably picks up by being freakishly observant. 

With her being so super sociable, I wouldn't doubt her knowing all of this stuff. She most likely knows many of the ponies in Ponyville quite well and gets along with them. Which honestly surprises me, since I feel at least some of them wouldn't get along with her.