Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Raven's Antique Request Shop [CLOSED]

Raven Rawne

It sure will require some learning on my part, but that's good, actually. I kept the mouths closed before. So, a portrait/close up on the face? Or partial/full body in some kind of scene?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @hicagp, I came up with something like this:

rsz_img_20170617_0001.jpg

It's called "Rainbow Dash and the secret stash of cider"

Jokes aside, I can either leave it in peace, or try and add wood texture to the barn and shade it so that there's a ray of light coming through the open doors. Thing is, there's a pretty good risk that it will look awful or I screw up at some stage, so I decided to show you the almost unshaded version first. 

On 6/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, Raven Rawne said:

Hey @hicagp, I came up with something like this:

rsz_img_20170617_0001.jpg

It's called "Rainbow Dash and the secret stash of cider"

Jokes aside, I can either leave it in peace, or try and add wood texture to the barn and shade it so that there's a ray of light coming through the open doors. Thing is, there's a pretty good risk that it will look awful or I screw up at some stage, so I decided to show you the almost unshaded version first. 

It looks great, thank you! I like it. I guess you can try shading?? It still looks great tho. 

Alright, since it's already scanned in this form, it won't be that much of a loss if the original gets messed up while I try nad add texture and shading. I'll come back when I finish.

@hicagp

Here's the textured and shaded version, hope you like it!

IMG_20170624_0001.jpg

Seems like I have just one more request in the queue... Maybe I'll get to finish it this weekend. Who knew people weren't into black and white ink art, I sure wouldn't mind a longer to-do list.

52 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@hicagp

Here's the textured and shaded version, hope you like it!

IMG_20170624_0001.jpg

Seems like I have just one more request in the queue... Maybe I'll get to finish it this weekend. Who knew people weren't into black and white ink art, I sure wouldn't mind a longer to-do list.

I love it!! Thank you so much! See, you didn't mess it up. 

Oh I assure you I can make a loooong list of things that aren't as good as I hoped, but, guess that's part of the creation experience. But I'm glad you told me to try, I much prefer shaded and overall darker pieces than simple lines.

@Randimaxis

As much as I'd prefer to be otherwise, it appears that I am not yet versed enough to pull off what you wanted. I did several headshots, fron and 3/4 view, and the best I came up with was this:

https://s13.postimg.org/gpcw1oacn/rsz_img_20170625_0001.jpg

First, it's more like the "but I didn't listen" face than anything else really, and I noticed too lately that I forgot to add the glasses...  The different colours of his coat can be handled with hatching, so that can still be added but, yeah, seems like I need to practice some more before I pull off the evil laugh face. Or any more complicated expression for that matter. I tied multiple times and it never looked believelable, sorry.

@Randimaxis thanks for the Bro hoof but I'd rather hear your thoughts on the matter.  Want me to draw something else?  Keep you on the to-do list till I pull that face off? It's not like I'm drowning in a sea of requests as of late...

I really like black and white art, and I'd love to make a request! :)

I would like an inked full-body image of my OC with regular shading. To be honest, I don't have a specific picture or pose in mind, so I would have to leave that to you. Though, I would like the expression to be something mischievous. :P

IMG_0072.GIF.a8b310350e0fc7adc499a682a4a3e71e.GIF

Thanks in advance, if you are able to do her for me!

Sure thing, I'll give her a shot. Just a couple questions: she has no Cutie Mark, right?  And those wings are bird or insect like? If you have a backstory I could think about something reared to it.

3 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Sure thing, I'll give her a shot. Just a couple questions: she has no Cutie Mark, right?  And those wings are bird or insect like? If you have a backstory I could think about something reared to it.

Sweet! :D

Nope, she has no Cutie Mark. As for her wings, personally I'd describe them as more bat-like.

Hmm... well, I haven't written out her backstory yet. I'm still ironing out the details. I tend to change things a lot. XD

I've got a question. Would it be too much work to include this OC in the picture with her?

IMG_0129.PNG.7359e6358ae95ed6e05bbacd330985a1.PNG

If so, don't worry about it. But they're sisters and there's never been a picture done with them together, so it'd just be really cool to see for the first time.

Hmm, I sure can try and make a scene with them both. Although you're sure you can't give me some pointers on that?  For example, where could they meet? Deciding on a place is half the battle really.

26 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Hmm, I sure can try and make a scene with them both. Although you're sure you can't give me some pointers on that?  For example, where could they meet? Deciding on a place is half the battle really.

Cool. Well, if you could do them somewhere in Canterlot that'd be cool, but I understand that's not very specific so if you didn't how to do that you could do the Everfree Forest. :P

Hmm, I'll aim for Canterlot at first.  Maybe a night scene somewhere on the City Walls or other relatively simpler setting. I want to show the characters,  rather than put miniatures in a zoomed out street snapshot for example.

1 hour ago, Raven Rawne said:

Hmm, I'll aim for Canterlot at first.  Maybe a night scene somewhere on the City Walls or other relatively simpler setting. I want to show the characters,  rather than put miniatures in a zoomed out street snapshot for example.

Sounds good to me! I like the idea of that setting.

11 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

I'd rather hear your thoughts on the matter.

I can understand your wondering about a different look; it's nifty, but not what I was going for, I'm afraid... but that's fine.

Since this is the case, maybe you could try drawing him with a mischievous smirk instead?  That would work just as well, and would be easier to pull off.

Once again, I thank you wholeheartedly for your time and effort on this.  *bows*

@Randimaxis

Yeah,  I know it wasn't what you asked about, buy I wanted some proof that I at least tried. So I posted that.  Who would have known that I would be beaten by some expression? I sure didn't.

The smirk is very much doable for me, and I think I can try and draw a scene where he sits in a huge armchair, Blofeld style, with the button on the armrest and all.  Maybe cut the shot with a desk in front of him, so the main focus goes up to the face and not down to the floor tiles. Anime "glowing glasses of evil" yay or nay? Also just how big they are - bottle bottoms like Moondancer's or small subtle reading glasses like Snowfall Frost's?

*chuckle*  Let's make it one of each, shall we?

After all... what fun is there in making sense?

(edited)

Can you do my pony Limey Candy?

Spoiler

Limey Candy

Yes, she has Alicorn Twilight wings and body shape.

As for what you can try to do, can you have her being cute? :3

Oh and yes, an inked drawing.

I hope you can do the clothes and the accessories. If not, then well, I'll tell you she does have a cutie mark. That well, I'll show if you tell me you can't do them.

Edited by TimeyMarey007

@Randimaxis

Ta-Da! That's what he said, i think. In this scene.

rsz_img_20170628_0001.jpg

I took the small glasses route because they look more refined, and visible eyes add personality to the character. If not for that horrible misunderstanding on his neck, which was supposed to be an ascot, and a rather sketchy way of distinguishing the second coat color (it's a line based medium, so maybe I could try some other line arrangement to make it look better? I don't know really...), I gues it turned out okay. Thoughts?

That's really awesome - he very much looks as though he's about to hit that button!

I very much dig the glasses and vest - he just looks so gee-gosh-darn KYOOT!   :squee:

• 2 weeks later...

@Chrylestia600

Sorry for the long wait but I just can't come up with anything good looking. So I decided to ask you some more details. First, do you want them both portrayed in full body, or can I do partial bodies, like for example if they looked down from somewhere or peeked out across a corner. Second, you want them look evil? Normal? Cute maybe? And lastly,  what is their sibling dynamic? I try to make pieces that capture the characters, not just their looks.