Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Raven's Antique Request Shop [CLOSED]

Raven Rawne

@Raven Rawne

Sorry I was late to this. No worries about the wait, I'm patient. :P

Anyways, if partial bodies work better for the picture you do, that's perfectly alright by me. As for how they look, I'd go for mischievous, which I suppose is basically what you'd call evil, haha. Concerning their sibling dynamic, Shade and Astera have a love/hate relationship, and typically enjoy getting under each other's skin. Shade especially likes bugging Astera, lol.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there! I see you're a talented artist. If possible, would it be alright if there's a spot available for my request?

If yes, here's my request:

You said you'd like to keep things nice a simple so how about you draw an inked image of my OC, Photon Jet with your talented drawing skills?

I hope this is alright.

You can use the OC image in my profile icon but here's my own drawing for better references:

Photon Jet No Suit.png

*reads post*

*looks down at the page on his desk with some construction lines on it*

..you sure haven't posted in the wrong thread?

Jokes aside, sure, I can always try right? Just please take into consideration that it might take a bit because I so try to make full scenes with each one of these, and it's not always easy to find a suitable setting.

On that note, what are you looking for? A full body 3/4 view? Or perhaps something more particular? Have him sitting by the table or reading a book or whatever really? If something will sound too complicated I'll let you know, but I think it would be good if you gave me some pointers in this area.

13 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

*reads post*

*looks down at the page on his desk with some construction lines on it*

..you sure haven't posted in the wrong thread?

Jokes aside, sure, I can always try right? Just please take into consideration that it might take a bit because I so try to make full scenes with each one of these, and it's not always easy to find a suitable setting.

On that note, what are you looking for? A full body 3/4 view? Or perhaps something more particular? Have him sitting by the table or reading a book or whatever really? If something will sound too complicated I'll let you know, but I think it would be good if you gave me some pointers in this area.

Oh. In that case, I would please like a full-body view of him laying on a chair relaxing outside in the back garden if that's alright with you.

(edited)

@Dawn Auroua - does your OC have a cutie mark? Can't see any in the pics you linked.

Otherwise, sure, I'll give both a try. Although you know,  it would be that much easier if you gave me some info about your characters.  A link to the database is fine, I just want to know more about them so I can decide on the scene and the like.

Edit - by both I meant Dawn and Glacies ofc.

Edited by Raven Rawne

20 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Dawn Auroua - does your OC have a cutie mark? Can't see any in the pics you linked.

Otherwise, sure, I'll give both a try. Although you know,  it would be that much easier if you gave me some info about your characters.  A link to the database is fine, I just want to know more about them so I can decide on the scene and the like.

Edit - by both I meant Dawn and Glacies ofc.

I don't have a picture of her cutie mark, but its a four sided gem ( dark blue with ink black streaks inside the gem )

Sure Violet,  I'll try and draw something nice. Any ideas you can toss my way?

Dawn, you think you could find the shape of that gem online? Alternatively I can make it so the mark is hidden from view by something.

Alright but, fair warning - his Cutie Mark is too detailed for me to draw on an a4 page, unless you want a close-up partial body. But I can put some marks to indicate it's there. One of the many limitations of traditional drawing is pen nib size, can't go any smaller than 1/2 mm line.

8 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Alright but, fair warning - his Cutie Mark is too detailed for me to draw on an a4 page, unless you want a close-up partial body. But I can put some marks to indicate it's there. One of the many limitations of traditional drawing is pen nib size, can't go any smaller than 1/2 mm line.

I'm actually ok with you compressing his cutie mark so basically you just leave out the smaller details that are too small to draw! :)

18 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

Sure Violet,  I'll try and draw something nice. Any ideas you can toss my way?

Dawn, you think you could find the shape of that gem online? Alternatively I can make it so the mark is hidden from view by something.

I dont know really, just something nice... I'll let you decide ^.^ 

@Chrylestia600

Finally, after what seemed like a small eternity, your reqest is finished! Although I learhed in the process that I am not very comfortable with larde shepes that need to be shaded and/or have their shape indicated. So the city background turned out not nearly as well as I imagined but, guess that's to be expectied from a first drawing like that.

IMG_20170715_0001.jpg

I also need to figure out a better texturing method for hair... But, all in all, how do you think it came out? It's supposed to be night time but I didn't want to push my luck too far with making the sky black.

4 hours ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Chrylestia600

Finally, after what seemed like a small eternity, your reqest is finished! Although I learhed in the process that I am not very comfortable with larde shepes that need to be shaded and/or have their shape indicated. So the city background turned out not nearly as well as I imagined but, guess that's to be expectied from a first drawing like that.

IMG_20170715_0001.jpg

I also need to figure out a better texturing method for hair... But, all in all, how do you think it came out? It's supposed to be night time but I didn't want to push my luck too far with making the sky black.

I think it looks fantastic! I really like the scene and the character poses, too. Very impressed. Thanks a ton! :D

Oh, right, the numbers in my opening post can be misleading like that. The queue is open, no worries. I was about to toss something witty about me "being done" but I guess it would be too Wednesday Addams style (which reminds me to try and draw Crystal Clear cosplaying her). Ahem, so... what's your wish then? Pencil, ink? Both? I could really use some more info on how to put together the scene and whether you want that cloak on - it obscures the Cutie Mark, otherwise I would also need reference of that, if the character has it that is.

10 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Oh, right, the numbers in my opening post can be misleading like that. The queue is open, no worries. I was about to toss something witty about me "being done" but I guess it would be too Wednesday Addams style (which reminds me to try and draw Crystal Clear cosplaying her). Ahem, so... what's your wish then? Pencil, ink? Both? I could really use some more info on how to put together the scene and whether you want that cloak on - it obscures the Cutie Mark, otherwise I would also need reference of that, if the character has it that is.

Okay thank you so much. Alright so I guess she would be an like a magical item shop. Oh and actually make the cloak longer, too it being the same length as Trixie’s cloak. Also I would love the drawing to be done in ink. Thank you so much.

So, something like this maybe? Of course with less details and some necessary simplifications. Also, I take it that your character should stand in plain view rather than behind the countertop, so they can be seen better?

1 minute ago, Raven Rawne said:

So, something like this maybe? Of course with less details and some necessary simplifications. Also, I take it that your character should stand in plain view rather than behind the countertop, so they can be seen better?

Yes that's what I was thinking of. And yes don't put them behind the counter, I want them in full view. Thank you.