Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Raven's Antique Request Shop [CLOSED]

Raven Rawne

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I basically just got an idea just now for something that may be a new challenge for you! So maybe you could draw Techno flying in this pose here plus I've also got a new ref image that perfectly shows Techno's cape size! Plus of course there doesn't have to be a background on this one plus I find that it may look better if it was shaded with ink as that seems to look really good on Techno's cape! :)

PS: I don't think you've ever drawn a pony in this pose before and that's why I believe this would be a really good challenge for you plus you would probably learn something new from this! :)

(The pose I'm talking about.)

image.thumb.jpeg.f5e2a02c50e3103404ea46c4e0ae93ec.jpeg

(Original ref of Techno)

image.thumb.jpeg.f08e1d5312de06dbd5ed9d0827668c76.jpeg

(The new ref of Techno with his cape.)

image.thumb.png.6214b8371bb356373252aa67010dfe74.png

@Techno Universal

Hmm... the cape can turn out flat loking, since I'm not exactly good in fabrics yet but, sure, I can try that. Do you want some kind of simple backgound with that full body? I'm not yet sure whether I should do the cape black and add the details in white ink or do the regular black on white. Maybe use ink wash to add shades of grey even.

3 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Techno Universal

Hmm... the cape can turn out flat loking, since I'm not exactly good in fabrics yet but, sure, I can try that. Do you want some kind of simple backgound with that full body? I'm not yet sure whether I should do the cape black and add the details in white ink or do the regular black on white. Maybe use ink wash to add shades of grey even.

Yeah to be honest your techniques you used on Techno's cape in the last request actually worked really well! So apparently referring to that shades of grey would look best plus for his cape you could just copy and upscale the cape that's on the pose ref image! Like it's just a case of adding more wavy line details to it towards the bottom of the cape and putting a few extra lines through it than that first pose ref image and you would have learned something new! :)

I'd like a drawing of my alicorn OC named Glaicer Ray. She is the alicorn of winter. Full body, simple background. Inked.

She is about Celestia height, her mane and tail look similar but have a more...chaotic freezing effect to it. Her cutie mark is a mountain with a sort of large snowflake behind that, that looks dangerous in a way. Her crown is made of ice, aswell as her horseshoes. Her wings are lined with icey armour aswell. She is always emotionless, cold. Her horn is also very pointed. 

@Misty Shimmer Nice previous gen look of that reference pic! Sure, you're on slot 3 then. Dould you like any particular pose? If not, could you tell me something about her personality so  I can cook up foething that fits her?

@Twilight Witch All slots taken for now, but I'll keep you in mind when I get through the current ones, OK? Also, I'm not sure how well I can do that icy mane but, I'll try.

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Techno Universal your request has been completed. If you want to, I may add shades of grey with ink wash, but keep in mind it is a bit of an unpredictable process and it may ruin the drawing. Still, you get to keep the lineart scan so, not like you lose anything, I guess.

IMG_20171021_0001.jpg

This is amazing, you're getting better, you were already so good, but your line art is so clean and amazing. <3 

58 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

@Techno Universal your request has been completed. If you want to, I may add shades of grey with ink wash, but keep in mind it is a bit of an unpredictable process and it may ruin the drawing. Still, you get to keep the lineart scan so, not like you lose anything, I guess.

IMG_20171021_0001.jpg

Now that's honestly really good! Like you seriously somehow got his cape right in the first try! I guess you're actually getting really good with clothes now even though you said that your not that good! Plus the thing with line art like this is that it it actually more than possible to digitally colour it using a good digital art program like Photoshop but still currently I don't have any fancy art software so I can't digitally colour it now but it's something I might try to do in a few years if I ever get Photoshop or a good art program. Anyways with ink washing it's something that can work really well if you're careful! Like the other drawing of Techno was perfect with the shades of grey plus his cape looked amazing in that image to so you could try to copy the shades of grey for his cape from the first time you drew him! :)

Edited by Techno Universal

@Raven Rawne

I'd like to edit a few details. Her mane is not chaotic, but more of a Celestia type mane. Based off of this here. 

princess_glacia_by_trotsworth_by_tcgamer 

Her crown also has small spikes that line the bottom of it, feel free to take some creativity on her mane style and tail look.  Her cutie mark is just a dangerous looking snowflake, with an area around it, much like Luna has her blotches around her moon on her flank.

3 minutes ago, Raven Rawne said:

Alright, got it. Thanks for the extra details!

You could choose any pose you'd like, maybe have her standing on a field of ice and snow or something as a background, if your feeling up to it.

I feel like an idiot, as I never ask for drawings of my OCs, and when I do, I feel super impolite, so I’m just gonna get this over with. Would you mind drawing my OC? It’s a griffon with dark feathers. Any pose, any background, really anything is fine. Just one request. Could you do it inked in black? No color. Here’s reference:

0142D825-DB02-4984-B2A7-495C42313848.thumb.png.a412fcfd7b789332727c7ac521ec804f.png