Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Missed potentional in the Mane Six's life goals

Firedog

For seasons 1-4 they had an on-going story arch of Twilight completing her studies to ultimately become a princess. 

It felt like it had all been leading up to the moment she became a princess. Since then there really hasn't been any on going story arch. Nothing that the show feels like it's leading up to.

Twilight got quite a few of season finale and opener episodes to complete her story arch. 

Why didn't the writers do this with someone like rainbow dash? We could have done another 1-3 seasons of this being an on-going story arch. Proving herself and ultimately becoming a wonderbolt!

Instead the chose Starlight Glimmer, which we still aren't sure what her destiny is yet. I don't mind starlight glimmer she is cool in all. 

But why waste that potentional?

Rainbow Dash becoming a wonderbolt was crammed into 1 slice of life episode. Instead of it being an epic two parter of her proving herself.

Also point out something like this could have been done with Rarity or Fluttershy as well

Edited by Firedog
  • Brohoof 1

I think the reason it is like it is, is because Twilight is the most interesting character and she has the mane role. Rainbow Dash is cool and everything, but not as interesting. Her main goal is becoming a wonderbolt and that is not a two parter worth. :dry: > (Me) :derp:

The problem with Twilight's Ascension was that there was no build up and the episode where she became an alicorn was that it had to go through several changes which is why the episode is the way it is

The problem with RD being a Wonderbolt isn't the fact that it was a Slice of Life episode, it's that the episode treats her getting into the Wonderbolts as an afterthought, while the episode completely treats her like garbage. It's like the writers gave zero fucks

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

For Rarity, it felt like she got her boutique in Manehattan really quickly, especially seeing how it took her 5 seasons to get the one in Canterlot she was always wanting.

Same. It was to soon, because you just give oppertunitisch away.

52 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I think the reason it is like it is, is because Twilight is the most interesting character and she has the mane role. Rainbow Dash is cool and everything, but not as interesting. Her main goal is becoming a wonderbolt and that is not a two parter worth. :dry: > (Me) :derp:

I think becoming a wonderbolt could be just as interesting. I mean they are kinda like the protectors of Equestria, (Besides the mane six lol). They were called in to deal with the dragon destroying ponyville, *Which ended up being spike. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes, the wonderbolts are important, but not as an individual. Rainbow Dash becoming a wonderbolt was an awesome episode, but if you had streched it out over a two parter it would become less enjoyable. You need enough time, not to much.