Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Marvel's The Avengers 1x1

~Natural Beauty~

@Lunarpalette

OOC Link

Mckenzie woke up with a jerk. She sat up in bed and looked around. Her bed was covered in lose feathers and the sheets were a mess. She wiped the sweat away from her brow and looked around the pitch black room. She took a deep breath and flopped back down into her bed. She was starting to get nightmares of the Erasers finding her and handing her to someone, no something to be used as a puppet. Mckenzie swung her legs over the side of her bed and grabbed her gym stuff. She went down to the gym when she couldn't sleep, she couldn't go to bucky who left the avengers. When she got to the gym, Steve was up punching a punching bag. "Can't sleep Cap?" She asked him.

Edited by :: Mysterious Soul ::

@Lunarpalette

"Yeah, the nightmares just getting worse. Not even the stuff that Bruce gave me is working." She said to Steve as they sat down on the gym bench. She stretched out her wings a bit where they are bearly touching the ground. She placed her elbows on her knees and placed her hands on her face. "I wish Bucky was still here." She said.

@:: Mysterious Soul ::

Steve placed a hand on her shoulder. "So do I Makenzie. But we have to try and get you back on your feet. You cannot keep going on like this. If the stuff Bruce is giving you isn't working maybe you should see someone. Maybe this is deeper. We should look around and see what we can do to help you."

Edited by Lunarpalette

@Lunarpalette

"I think it is. I got these right after Bucky left. Tonight has been the worse. The eraser got me some how and handed me over to some sadtistic person who wants me as their minion/puppet. Then these black monsters came out of no where and pinned me to the ground...t...then th...they t...tried...t...t...to...p...pull of my wings." Mckenzie said beginning to cry. 

Steve was saddened by this. "Shhh! It's ok. They can't hurt you here." He hugged her and did his best to comfort her. "Lets go talk to Bruce. He might know something. Or someone that can help. He has a knack for knowing that kind of stuff."

Edited by Lunarpalette

Bruce looked up from his work and and saw Makenzies tear stricken face with Steve leading her. "Another nightmare Makenzie?" He was getting annoyed with his failure. Every concoction he came up with had not worked for her. He concluded that no medical remedy could fix this. 

Steve nodded. "Yeah, but they are getting worse we were hoping that you could figure out something? We've agreed it is beyond medical reasons she is having these."

"yeah, I just concluded that myself. Hold on a second." He started to look through a few files until he had found the thing he was looking for. "Ah here it is. I heard of this place called Kamar-taj. It can be a place of healing and can help you figure things out. Maybe you should try that. I will keep looking in case that doesn't work out."

Edited by Lunarpalette
  • Brohoof 1

@Lunarpalette

"Yeah, that would be nice." McKenzie said as she ruffled her feathers. She didn't want to leave because what if Bucky came back, and she wasn't here. She pushed that aside. "Guess that means you need a plane ticket, Birdy." Tony said as she pat her on the back and went to go by her plane ticket. "I'll go pack then and say my goodbyes in the morning." She said before leaving the lab.

Steve spoke with her outside the lab. "I know you are concerned that Bucky may come back while you are out. Don't worry. We will make sure you see him. Even if we have to keep him hostage here until you come back. But I ask you, be careful. And do you need someone to go with you by any chance?"

Edited by Lunarpalette

Steve laughed when she messed up his hair. He went to his own room and tried to fall back asleep but couldn't under the circumstances.

Mean while at Kamar-taj Doctor strange was busy training the newest magicians. Little did he know he had another one on the way. One that would be very powerful and who was troubled.

@Lunarpalette

Mckenzie got her stuff ready and went to bed. The next morning she said her goodbyes to her friends and head to Kamar-Taj. She sat on the plane and looked out the window. I could have flown here, she thought. Soon the plane landed and she began her trip. She walked thought a few small towns that where over 10 miles apart. McKenzie's legs began to ache. McKenzie was alone on the path, so she opened her huge owl wings and took on beat of her wings and began to climb into the sky. Next few hours she flew over towns making more progress.

As Doctor strange wrapped up his lesson he decided to get some air so he made a portal that lead out side the town that held the entrance to Kamar-taj. He went walking for about 30 minutes before he saw something. He looked up in the sky and thought he was dreaming. Is that an angel? He thought. It was a human with large wings! This cannot be seen by others so he opened the mirror dimension catching her and himself in it. He was wearing is cloak of levitation thankfully and flew up to her. 

Edited by Lunarpalette
  • Brohoof 1

@Mysterious Soul

Doctor Strange quickly flew down and landed in front of her. "Who are you? And if I may ask, how did you get those wings?" He questioned her eager to know just who she was. She was beautiful and he couldn't get it out of his mind that she looked like an angel. He also wanted to know because if she possessed a magic of some sort he would want to take her in and teach her.

• Brohoof 1