Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorn Starlight?

CastletonSnob

I would love for that to happen just to see the fandom's reaction. I think it would make most people very reminiscent of when twilight became an alicorn.

• Brohoof 3

I feel it's not that likely. Even with how fast her character arc has been, she's settled into a status quo which I think the show can comfortably exploit for a while, and becoming an alicorn might actually make that harder, given that the show's hesitant to really dig into princesses' flaws the same way it does with others. Also, she didn't even leave Ponyville in the premiere, and her graduation seems slightly ironic, so I suspect the writers don't want to rock the boat too much with her at this point. 

• Brohoof 2

I can see it now. They bring in the worst writers from Teen Titans Go and they sit them down and say:

"Do a story about Crysalis becoming reformed into a pretty rainbow Changeling who is now going to be the new Alicorn princess Starlight Glimmer's pupil, and they are going to live in an even bigger crystal palace than Twilight has. Chrysalis will also state all her past misdeeds from this point forward in an expository manner to show how much she's changed, and the new Princess Starlight will do the same to say 'see we aren't that different.' and that will comprise the majority of their dialogue from that point forward."

Edited by Buck Testa
editing text
  • Brohoof 1

It's probably going to happen eventually, and I'm not nearly as averse to the idea as most people, but the S7 finale is way too soon. I'd be happier if it happened around S9 or S10, after she does more (hopefully a LOT more) to earn it. 

I can't see this happening until maybe the overall series finale, if ever. Sure, I'm a Starlight fan and I'm actually not entirely opposed to the idea, but she needs to prove her worthiness. That will take time. A lot of time. Several seasons, if we really want the process to not feel rushed. Sure, the Season 6 finale showed that Starlight had made progress, but I feel like she still has so much to learn. Heck, the Mane 6 are far more well-versed in the ways of the magic of friendship, but Twilight is the only ascended one of the bunch.

10/10 <- She will advance

7/10 <- She will reach her goal

3/10 <- The writers ACTUALLY do it to complete the series

1 * 7/10 * 3/10 = 0.21 = 21/100 = 21% <- She will become an Alicorn

I'd say the propabilty is at around 21% ^_^

You know, if they did handle it properly, I wouldn't say it would be the *worst* thing ever, but it certainly would be a truckload of overkill. Flurry being born as an alicorn was far too much tom-foolery on its own, but I will say that I would definitely take Starlight EARNING alicornhood over Flurry Heart just being born like that, any day.

geez, how much screentime/episodes has she had so far anyways?
Lets see: Opener is heavily about her, then the next episode is a starlight/trixie episode, she co-stars in Rock solid friendship, and we're getting an episode about her, almost casually it seems, swapping luna and celestia's Cutie marks. 4 episodes either starring starlight or heavily featuring her so far, barely any into this season.

This seems to be THE season of starlight so far, given how much focus she's getting this short into the season. So I wouldn't doubt it one bit if they made her an alicorn at the end of this season, even if I'd HATE it. Bleh.

On 4/26/2017 at 0:09 AM, Rawzy said:

I would love for that to happen just to see the fandom's reaction. I think it would make most people very reminiscent of when twilight became an alicorn.

Nah, the freak out can't be more epic if they make Flashy marry Twi :lol: . Alicorn Starlight? I don't have a problem with it, but I think it's a bit too son for it :huh: . Maybe next season :squee: .

PD: I'd prefer the rest of the mane 6 alicornified though 

• 3 months later...

I'm kinda necroposting, but if there's already a topic about this, I'm not going to start another one.

So, I feel that she shouldn't be an alicorn, but if she is, she should be a glorified secretary bit like Luna, where she doesn't have total power, but she uh... helps? I don't know how to describe it.

• Brohoof 1