Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cat help

I doubt I'm putting this in the right place but my cat had kittens 8 days ago I love the little guys but I have one issue. This is. Big problem, my cat (mother) keeps grabbing a kitten (random one of the 4) and moves them in a random part of my room. Now I don't want these kittens hidden in my room where its cold and I can't reach them. Is there a reason why she moves one every night (from 3-7am) and is there a way to stop? I've been loosing sleep and it's hard af to keep them In the box 

She might want a more private spot. If she were just moving one kitten that might mean it was sick and needed to be taken to the vet but if it's all then she might be moving them around to protect them from anything that might notice a regular home, especially if it's not too hidden.

Perhaps they're too close to food and she thinks it will attract predators?

http://www.mothering.com/forum/347-pets/324370-any-idea-why-my-cat-keeps-hauling-her-6day-old-kittens-around-hiding-them.html

Edited by Squiggle
  • Brohoof 1

The mother cat periodically moves the kittens in order to protect them. She may feel the kittens are unsafe in a certain nesting area and may need to be moved. While it may be inconvenient, mother cats know what their doing. I'd limit hiding spots available if you want to easily find them though.

• Brohoof 2

@Orange Burst, since the subject of your thread is of an anecdotal nature, it has little potential to spark a large ongoing discussion and has therefore been locked. Once your question is answered, the thread would no longer serve a purpose. Please feel free to repost this as a blog or status update, though! I hope that a solution is reached regarding your cats. Thank you. :) 

• The topic was locked