Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The style and animation in this season is very well done!

trademark2

I don't know if there's a newish animation style or I am just seeing it for the first time again after awhile, but wow, the ponies in season 7 look really cute and lovable. I really liked the animation styles in season 1, and not so much for 5-6~ not sure when the exact changes are because they are kind of subtle. But season 7, dang, they look really nice. Good job to whoever's animating it. 

The video and animation on the song is very creative and well done too! I didn't really notice it the first time I watched it, but it just looks great! Pinkie pie is bouncing up and down and twilight's eyes follow her, for example, and the manes and tails move nicely!

Does anypony else feel like the quality has improved for this season!?

Edited by trademark2

(edited)

We hear so much about turnover in the writing department, but nothing on the animation department, I bet someone new has joined/left, and it got changed up

Edited by trademark2

I've liked the animation every season, so I can't say there's been a big jump in quality. The animation during songs has already been some of the best on the show, ever since Giggle At The Ghosties in the series premiere. But I do suppose they've taken a little more liberty with facial expressions and whatnot lately? Hmm. :mustache:

(edited)

I'm surprised no one else thinks so! well, at the very least there has been 2 styles. Look at the models in season 1, and then in season 5, its different! When I said animation before I meant models, not really animation itself.

Edited by trademark2