Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are ponies way too op?

ManaMinori

Think about it- they are the only species who can control the sun and moon. They can control the weather, and other forces of nature.  They can deconstruct their bodies to the smallest atom and re-materialize themselves down to the last atom in another location, at the blink of an eye. They can control / freeze time, open up wormholes to alternate universes, turn their enemies to stone or send them to the moon if whoever or whatever doesn't into their mold, they can brainwash entire towns consisting of thousands- if not hundreds of thousands of residents, they can literally change themselves into other species (Breezies, Vampire Fruit bats, etc.), they can transmutate random objects with no repercussions, they can create sentient life out of ordinary household objects. They can literally wipe entire civilizations off the map with no memory of it for 1000 years, in the blink of an eye- and more. Where does the absurdity stop? How, with all these god-like abilities that any random pony can apparently have, have they not destroyed themselves, and the world they exist in? Can any other race even contend with the absurd OP-ness that ponies have, as a race? Is it fair?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Can any other race even contend with the absurd OP-ness that ponies have, as a race? Is it fair?

Just find/make some magical artifacts (which tend to be even more OP than characters), and problem solved.

9 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Just find/make some magical artifacts (which tend to be even more OP than characters), and problem solved.

Because it's not as if they don't already have ponies who can hide them for 1000 years, or break them completely by aiming a screaming baby it. =_=; Right?

You're right, they are. Get on that Hasbro.. we need a show about normal, unable to do anything but eat grass, crap, whinny, trot and stand in the stables all day ponies. We don't need none of this OP stuff tainting our awesome show.

MLBP* here we come.

*My Little Boring Ponies

All kidding aside, ponies are the main race of the show for a reason. Yes, they are OP, but they are meant to be.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

You're right, they are. Get on that Hasbro.. we need a show about normal, unable to do anything but eat grass, crap, whinny, trot and stand in the stables all day ponies. We don't need none of this OP stuff tainting our awesome show.

MLBP* here we come.

*My Little Boring Ponies

All kidding aside, ponies are the main race of the show for a reason. Yes, they are OP, but they are meant to be.

G1, 1.5, and 3 didn't need to pull all this to make ponies interesting to the target audience.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

G1, 1.5, and 3 didn't need to pull all this to make ponies interesting to the target audience.

And they were not nearly as successful as the current generation either.

Hmmmmmmmm

4 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

And they were not nearly as successful as the current generation either.

Hmmmmmmmm

oh yeah, apparently, because they still went on after season 1 of g1. *eyeroll*

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

oh yeah, apparently, because they still went on after season 1 of g1. *eyeroll*

What does that have to do with anything? How many seasons it had are irrelevant. The original generations of MLP were successful in their own rights, but nothing compared to the current generation which has created the ENTIRE brony phenomenon we are seeing today. And the argument can be made that the current set up (including all the OP-ness) is the primary reason for the success. All comments stand... the ponies in this generation are pretty damn powerful, but it is by design, and what apparently the fandom enjoys.

4 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

MLBP* here we come.

*My Little Boring Ponies

You forgot to mention the smell..... and having lots of flies around :dash: 

17 hours ago, GrimGrimoire said:

MLBP* here we come.

*My Little Boring Ponies

I'm not saying they should be normal horses, but not god tier, as they literally are.

• Brohoof 1

Pony is master race in Equestria, they can control literally almost everything, their economy, their cultures, their population are superior to other race, the other races look like third world countries to these colorful ponies.

Ponies made everything better ;)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I'm not saying they should be normal horses, but not god tier, as they literally are.

Being god tier does not seem to help them that much since they get their butts kicked like once a season. :P

It seems to me they are indeed powerful, but they are not literal indestructible impossible to overcome gods. Dragons have shown to be a match for them in many cases, they seemed fearful of battling yaks, and changelings are pretty good at pulling one over on them. And that is of the top of my head... that is not counting the ones I am missing and all the stuff outside of the lands we have been shown that may be far more powerful that they are prepared for.

Ponies are best. Ponies are Gods. Ponies are master. Ponies are truth. Ponies are centre of universe. Ponies are universe. Ponies are sun. Ponies are moon. Ponies are day. Ponies are night. Ponies are bad. Ponies are good. Ponies are everything.
BAN CLOTHES. BAN LIES. BAN YOUTH. BAN DECEIT. EAT OF THE FLESH. DRINK OF THE BLOOD. WE KNOW. PONISM. THE GREATEST GOOD, FOR THE GREATEST GENERATION. WE SHALL BOOM AGAIN.

On 4/27/2017 at 0:03 PM, GrimGrimoire said:

Being god tier does not seem to help them that much since they get their butts kicked like once a season. :P

It seems to me they are indeed powerful, but they are not literal indestructible impossible to overcome gods. Dragons have shown to be a match for them in many cases, they seemed fearful of battling yaks, and changelings are pretty good at pulling one over on them. And that is of the top of my head... that is not counting the ones I am missing and all the stuff outside of the lands we have been shown that may be far more powerful that they are prepared for.

still doesn't change the fact that even if they do get their butts kicked, they're ridiculously op when compared to other species that we've been shown. Dragons, yaks, and the like are all directly avoided in fighting, because princess diplomacy.

• Brohoof 1

I personally like to think that Discord was just playing around letting his body in this pony universe be turned to stone while he himself went back to the Enterprise to mess with Picard. xD Then when he felt like returning he just broke free from that statue. Perhaps everything is not how it seems. :) Bear in mind that we are seeing everything from the pony's perspective, it may be different if we knew more about the other races in the show.