Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In your opinion, what is the best part about Being a Brony/Pegasister and why do you like My Little Pony?

The Equestrian Brony

Me personally, I enjoy the fandom and the cute little ponies and how well they're drawn out. I like how each character is with their personalities and I enjoy how dynamic the show is and how it grabs your emotions with each episode. It could go from a character messing up really badly and you feel bad for them, to them fixing it all and you feel good about them. I also like the animation and the story line too, which is why I like the show. I'm also a Brony because I'm proud to be different and I simply just love My Little pony. It's a show I never thought I'd see myself liking, but I like it now and I've been a Brony since 2014 and still going strong :) I love it!

About about you guys though? Why do you like My Little Pony and why are you a Brony/Pegasister? 

Edited by The Equestrian Brony

I generally enjoy fandom content such as fan art, music, and fanfiction from other shows I am interested in, and FIM is no exception.

I like the show, because I am generally invested in the characters, like fantasy settings, enjoy animation, and I like the catchy musical numbers.

• Brohoof 1

The best part about being a Brony is that I have a whole fandom I could relate to. Interacting with other Bronies, and Pegasisters online and in person has helped me with depression and social anxiety.

As for the show, its clever much like classic Spongebob, something both children and adults can watch and enjoy. I always get a good laugh out of majority of the episodes. Only thing I don't like is that its a pain in the ass to find newer episodes.

• Brohoof 1

I met a bunch of weirdos who often make me cringe, and at the same time, love them to death.

Edited by Solid
Grammar
  • Brohoof 1

i don't consider myself a brony.. I consider myself a fan of a pretty good cartoon show, that is all. The best thing about being in the fandom is just being around others who share the same interest and who you can take a break and talk about cuddly horses with without getting nervous looks from passerbys.

I like the show because it is a nice mix of fun, fantasy and clever writing. it does not take itself too seriously all the time, but can be serious when it needs to and deliver some drama when necessary. it is not some modern gross out gag cartoon show that relies upon crude humor to make a joke,and does not need to slam hyperactive ADD style jokes at you to get something across. I like it because it is a fun simple cartoon, with likable characters, an interesting world and a story simple enough that anyone can get into, but complex enough to make you want to stick around and see what happens next and question it further.

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

Really ? Why ?

So many reasons, honestly. It would be difficult to detail all of them. I will try my best though.

First of there's the overly thin-skinned people who try to change things they find offensive (see Derpy from The Last Roundup or the general reaction to the "SnowBlind" FiW parody of Snowdrop)

Second, a lot of members of the community just are so freaking easily butthurt over other "pony-haters" it really makes me embarrassed to be associated with them. 

Third, too many damn OC's and cringeworthy content (similar to the Sonic fandom how there is so much... "disturbing"(?) material available). And I know this is a given in pretty much any fandom, but MLP and Sonic have it far worse than most.

Fourth... well lets see... I find the majority of forced Brony memes to be the very embodiment of "fail". Like, I respect the memes of old, (namely 4chan and YTMND memes back around 2003-2007), but the recent fare has gotten notably... lame. This is, of course, subjective but most modern day memes evoke an insta-faceplam from me, instead of making me revel in their creativity like the memes of old. Btw, meme =/= image macro. Just saying~

Fifth, when there exists content which actually does contain a fairly decent level of "win'" (if you will), you get all these people who stand in stark opposition to it, basically condemning it as being "beneath the brony community". For example, fanfics like Cupcakes; the concept is extremely good. It was meant as a troll fic, but actually functioned as an effective measure of giving Pinkie Pie an "extra" layer of depth, which you could try to connect dots to within her actual depiction in the source material. Many Bronies would say "oh nooo this ruined Pinkie for me!1!!" or something similar. This ofc, is not exclusive to Cupcakes, but grimdark/ gore fics in general. 

Sixth, I feel as though there is a fair level of backhandedness within the brony community. Like, people will put on a nice face and maintain the "cute & cuddly" brony persona while other people are present, but they will turn their backs on you without any qualms whatsoever. I don't have too large of an issue with backstabbers in general, but when its within a community that masquerades as being this revelatory oasis of "friendship" and "acceptance" it really sucks to see such contrasting behavior when people show you their true selves.

There are other things here and there that bother me, but these are the Mane 6 issues I have :P

• Brohoof 3

@K.Rool Addict

Uh...I've never seen thing that way...

Well thanks to you I hate the brony now. No seriously, I understand you but to be honnest I didn't have notices some points of your argumentation so I guess I've never pay attention or I've simply never seen these before...

I Feel like I'm missing something but maybe is because I'm new on the fandom and, excepted mlp forum I'm not that much on brony content so...

I feel like you and I we've met two different kind of brony ! I enjoy the people here anyway so I'm good with that.

• Brohoof 1

why do I like MLP? 2 reasons the show is intelligent/well drawn and because I fell a bit better when I watch the show. I'm without any real friends, my mother has left me a few days ago after we had an argument over me wanting to have a dog, my previous dog died in 2013 and my father died in oct of last year. I'm fucking sad and mentally tired from all the stress I've been getting lately.

as for the fandom I don't know. I only watch the show and read this forum. I'm not involved in the fandom any other way.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

So many reasons, honestly. It would be difficult to detail all of them. I will try my best though.

First of there's the overly thin-skinned people who try to change things they find offensive (see Derpy from The Last Roundup or the general reaction to the "SnowBlind" FiW parody of Snowdrop)

Second, a lot of members of the community just are so freaking easily butthurt over other "pony-haters" it really makes me embarrassed to be associated with them. 

Third, too many damn OC's and cringeworthy content (similar to the Sonic fandom how there is so much... "disturbing"(?) material available). And I know this is a given in pretty much any fandom, but MLP and Sonic have it far worse than most.

Fourth... well lets see... I find the majority of forced Brony memes to be the very embodiment of "fail". Like, I respect the memes of old, (namely 4chan and YTMND memes back around 2003-2007), but the recent fare has gotten notably... lame. This is, of course, subjective but most modern day memes evoke an insta-faceplam from me, instead of making me revel in their creativity like the memes of old. Btw, meme =/= image macro. Just saying~

Fifth, when there exists content which actually does contain a fairly decent level of "win'" (if you will), you get all these people who stand in stark opposition to it, basically condemning it as being "beneath the brony community". For example, fanfics like Cupcakes; the concept is extremely good. It was meant as a troll fic, but actually functioned as an effective measure of giving Pinkie Pie an "extra" layer of depth, which you could try to connect dots to within her actual depiction in the source material. Many Bronies would say "oh nooo this ruined Pinkie for me!1!!" or something similar. This ofc, is not exclusive to Cupcakes, but grimdark/ gore fics in general. 

Sixth, I feel as though there is a fair level of backhandedness within the brony community. Like, people will put on a nice face and maintain the "cute & cuddly" brony persona while other people are present, but they will turn their backs on you without any qualms whatsoever. I don't have too large of an issue with backstabbers in general, but when its within a community that masquerades as being this revelatory oasis of "friendship" and "acceptance" it really sucks to see such contrasting behavior when people show you their true selves.

There are other things here and there that bother me, but these are the Mane 6 issues I have :P

I've seen those things before. Particular 3 is true and in my opinion very annoying.

29 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

@K.Rool Addict

Uh...I've never seen thing that way...

Well thanks to you I hate the brony now. No seriously, I understand you but to be honnest I didn't have notices some points of your argumentation so I guess I've never pay attention or I've simply never seen these before...

I Feel like I'm missing something but maybe is because I'm new on the fandom and, excepted mlp forum I'm not that much on brony content so...

I feel like you and I we've met two different kind of brony ! I enjoy the people here anyway so I'm good with that.

Me too. I just ignore the things as they come. They just don't interrest me.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I've seen those things before. Particular 3 is true and in my opinion very annoying.

What are this 3 things ? Why I am so not aware of this ???

2 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Me too. I just ignore the things as they come. They just don't interrest me.

Eeeeeeeeeexactly !

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

17 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

What are this 3 things ? Why I am so not aware of this ?

I mean the statement above ^^^^

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

Oh. Right. Damn I'm so dumb !

But okay I admit they are real.

Don't worry. I wasn't clear about it either. :orly:

It annoys that OC's are so important here, instead of good art. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

@Hierok Yeah probably.

Sure ! Good art must always come first ! But you can't blame user for wanting an OC, it's like their only way to say who they are. Well who they are as a pony of course...

Yes, but I know a person who has 6 OC's of themself! :confused:

One is okay, I won't fight it, but 6? No!

• Brohoof 1

I don't like calling myself a brony but a fan of the franchise instead - the best thing about the fandom is pretty much that there's an option to post on bigger forums like this to share opinions and stuff about things related to the show. Since meetups aren't my cup of tea, meeting people via the internet is such a convenient option.

I like MLP because it's such a colorful and entertaining show and the characters have unique personalities and neat designs. Watching the show does help me feel better about things quite often.

31 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Yes, but I know a person who has 6 OC's of themself! :confused:

Well we clearly have to deal with a fanatic on this one :blink:

Or maybe a scyziphrenic pony. Having 6 different OC is pretty rificulous...:pout:

• Brohoof 2

Well we clearly have to deal with a fanatic on this one :blink:

Or maybe a scyziphrenic pony. Having 6 different OC is pretty rificulous...:pout:

Eeeeeeeeeexactly!

1 hour ago, TrotteurFuneste said:

Eeeeeeeeexactly !

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I'm just wondering why having multiple OC:s would be bad - they're just one way to express one's creativity and appreciation for something they like in the form of creating their own characters.