Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In your opinion, what is the best part about Being a Brony/Pegasister and why do you like My Little Pony?

The Equestrian Brony

2 minutes ago, Jaspers said:

I'm just wondering why having multiple OC:s would be bad - they're just one way to express one's creativity and appreciation for something they like in the form of creating their own characters.

Maybe, but make it nice then. Not handdrawn like a kid of 10.

No offence

Fandom: not taken!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the problems that get listed off about why the fandom is the worst/most cringe-worthy and so on, for the most part they are a loud minority and there are as many things that are impressive about the community. Just look at all the creativity out there for a start; the fanfiction, the (good) artwork, the animation, the analysis. To think that all of this has been inspired by one TV show is both strange and incredible really. That's certainly something which appeals to me, and is more than worth it for all the other stuff.

As for the show itself, it proves that you don't need to be dark or complex or edgy, whatever that means, or have "adult" content to make something that genuinely tugs at the emotions. Ironically some of the simplest episodes of FiM are also the most powerful (see Sleepless in Ponyville).

• Brohoof 1

At first, I came for the humor I heard was in the show, but stayed for many things: the animation, the characters and their relationships with each other, and even much of the fan works. But most importantly, I stayed in the show for the life lessons that apply to anyone, regardless of age or gender. 

To this day, I still consider the lessons in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3, and Flutter Brutter to be some of the most relatable lessons to me as well as most important to teach to anyone striving to get better. TT123 teaches that "There is more than one way to study"; FB teaches that "Sometimes, you have to do things even though you might fail, and that quitting is no more better than actually failing!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't know anymore. I'm on and off with the show. But I'll tell you this much: it was just really damn fun being a Brony back when I first joined the fandom. Before I did, I would see all these awesome fan creations and think, "No way. They gotta be pulling my leg."

After I conceded, everything just felt so cool! Waiting for episodes to premiere. Listening to all the Brony tunes. Checking out my favorite analysts. Following BronyTubers. It all felt so new, and like I would never grow tired of it. But I did. I don't scour for pony-related items. Most of my Brony friends are long gone.

I'm here in the first place because of Fallout Equestria. I'm only still here because I want to stick around for when the show ends.

Edited by GeekySonic
Adding
  • Brohoof 2

On 5/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, GeekySonic said:

I'm here in the first place because of Fallout Equestria. I'm only still here because I want to stick around for when the show ends.

Im hesitant to make "my pony apocalypse" as I think the fandom will be pretty empty when im done, voiding the purpose and making all that time I spent for nothing. I know it's completely irrelevant to the thread, but semi relevant to a part of this post

I don't really consider myself a brony (I prefer to call myself a "pony enthusiast"), but virtually anyone who knows what a brony is would call me one just because I watch the show.

So, going by the perception that I am a brony, I would say that what I like about being a brony is watching the show. Period, full stop, end of discussion. I've got zero interest in fan-made content (except for that which I make myself because I'm a self-centered [four-letter word]) but I love love LOVE the show.

I love the writing, the art style and animation, the lessons, the characters and how they interact... pretty much everything barring the musical numbers, though I've learned to tolerate those after having sat through the entire series so far. We're into season seven now and I'm still a huge fan.

• Brohoof 1

I like MLP because the show kicks ass. It is probably the only "thing" in entertainment media (spanning music, cinema, tv shows, books, videogames, etc) that has actually managed to get progressively BETTER instead of worse -.- Which is very depressing lol.

This is the main reason I am still so passionate about ponies to this day. 

The best part of being a "brony/pegasister" is the DRAMA of course! Oh, and some of the remixes are pretty awesome too :o

• Brohoof 1

Never really thought about it. 

As of right now I don't really care too much about the show (season 7 so far is eh) but I still watch it. 

I'm kind of just in the fandom for a mixture of nostalgia/fan content/eqg/and because I like drawing the characters.

• Brohoof 1