Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will season 7 bring back Blueblood?

ManaMinori

I sense a trend that season 7 of MLP will be focusing on secondary or background characters, gicing them more spotlight and development, now that the Mane 6 are taking somewhat of a back seat, but are still present within episodes. So do you guys think that Prince Blueblood will be brought in for another go? I can easily see him getting paired with his step-cousin, Cadance, who is also in need of serious development and personality, and the two bickering like foals, trying to get along, while driving Auntie Sunbutt and Luna up the walls. Haha. I think a good pony who can help Blueblood not to be such a d-bag (as many in the fandom tend to see him), would be Fluttershy- the very mare who has been seen putting proud adult dragons to tears, taming mighty Manticores, reigning in the spirit of chaos himself, being assertive to a Minotaur, and teaching the leader of the Breezies a new way to lead. If anyone can get to Prince Blueblood and bring out the best in him, its THIS mare.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

Probably not. I can't see him being a popular enough character to warrant a revisit. They have had 5 seasons to do so (outside of background cameos that is) and they have not done it, so I would say the chances are pretty slim. But who knows, anything is possible.

Also he has such an obnoxious and annoying demeanor, I am not sure even Fluttershy could do anything with that. After all, by his standards, she is just a common nobody Pegasus... while he is royalty. Associating with her would be beneath him.

• Brohoof 1

I don't want him back, and I can't see many people wanting him back either

If they actually bring him back before Lightning Dust I'll eat my shoe. The fact that he already appeared in EQG while Lightning Dust got replaced with a fucking recolor already grinds my gears

53 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

Probably not. I can't see him being a popular enough character to warrant a revisit. They have had 5 seasons to do so (outside of background cameos that is) and they have not done it, so I would say the chances are pretty slim. But who knows, anything is possible.

Also he has such an obnoxious and annoying demeanor, I am not sure even Fluttershy could do anything with that. After all, by his standards, she is just a common nobody Pegasus... while he is royalty. Associating with her would be beneath him.

so was Gilda, yet they brought her back. and unlike Blueblood, she didn't  have background cameos. so i think there's possibility for him

3 minutes ago, MissDiamond said:

There's still a possibility. We will never know. 

Of course we will. Either he will or will not appear in S7. We'll have an answer one way or the other eventually. :P

3 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

so was Gilda, yet they brought her back. and unlike Blueblood, she didn't  have background cameos. so i think there's possibility for him

I'll give you that, and she was almost as unlikable... so anything is possible. That being said, i still doubt it. There are far more interesting characters I would love to see return before him from earlier seasons.

• Brohoof 1

Since it's so unclear how Blueblood is related to Celestia and what his role is I feel the showrunners are avoiding writing him. Filling enough getting answers to those questions is the only reason why I want him to return.

• Brohoof 1

Well, IMO, he MIGHT be unfairly criticized. Think about it.   Rarity was interested in him just because he is a prince.  Her behavior fits the song Gold Digger by Kanye West. Blue Blood treated her  like a gold digging skank because that's how she was behaving.  For this, he's criticized?   I say he MIGHT be unfairly criticized because he also behaved like a whiny little coward.  (Although, given what his suit probably cost (& that it likely wasn't machine washable) I can see not wanting it ruined)

Still, IMO, Rarity deserved to get treated like garbage & I don't blame Blue Blood for doing it

21 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Gilda was different. Gilda was a platform to approach the culture and history of an entire species and develop the overall lore in Equestria, something that would be absent with approaching Blueblood. 

If they do approach 'redeeming' Blueblood again, I suspect they will continue the trend of Starlight Glimmer being a focal character with secondary characters. Rarity could be a counter point allowing conflict, though it risks rehashing a prior episode. 

31 minutes ago, sweetolebob18 said:

Well, IMO, he MIGHT be unfairly criticized. Think about it.   Rarity was interested in him just because he is a prince.  Her behavior fits the song Gold Digger by Kanye West. Blue Blood treated her  like a gold digging skank because that's how she was behaving.  For this, he's criticized?   I say he MIGHT be unfairly criticized because he also behaved like a whiny little coward.  (Although, given what his suit probably cost (& that it likely wasn't machine washable) I can see not wanting it ruined)

Still, IMO, Rarity deserved to get treated like garbage & I don't blame Blue Blood for doing it

It never ceases to amaze me how many times people say 'x' cannot occur because of 'y'. It's a over simplistic approach to an idea without appreciating the complexity of the hues in between the two points. 

Was Rarity being a narrow-minded bitch in her desires to be treated like a lady by royalty, or was Blueblood a self-centered prick? 

ifock.jpg

Just my views. I haven't been a child for some time now, so my approach to things are slightly more sophisticated than an 'either-or' consideration.

Of course, any annoyance toward either character means that the viewer may be missing the deeper subtext of the entire episode, which was to showcase each characters flaws, while subverting traditional fairy tale tropes. Missing the point of that amazing episode makes Jeric a sad panda. 

does anyone else think that starlight could be the next luna and sunset could be the next celestia? just a thought and i dont have any 

friends yet but if you like this idea then mabey you could brohoof me? im new and my name is melody im a blue and yellow pegasus.

12 hours ago, Hierok said:

No. Please not. I hate his character so much. :okiedokieloki:. I want raher a daimond tiara episode.

so not even giving him a chance to be developed so that you CAN like him? wow. ok.

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

so not even giving him a chance to be developed so that you CAN like him? wow. ok.

No I wouldn't. He had his chance in season 1 and he blew it. He ads nothing and you don't lose anything.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, sweetolebob18 said:

How was she a gold digger? She was not after him for wealth. She wanted to meet her pony in shining armor whom she felt was as cultured and civilized as she herself felt she was. Rarity has always treated herself with sophistication, grace and elegance. Was she conceited.. why yes she was.... was she spoiled.. of course. But a lot of people dream of finding their prince or princess and living a life of bliss and in refinement. But she was hardly after him to just get his wealth.

Want to see a gold digger, go talk to Spoiled Rich... she can define the term perfectly by just standing still.

19 minutes ago, Hierok said:

No I wouldn't. He had his chance in season 1 and he blew it. He ads nothing and you don't lose anything.

So if they did put out an episode with him in it, and it was actually good, you would still hate it? This was a topic I addressed a couple of days ago with how I see some opinions.

I agree with you in that I don't like him, and I honestly cannot imagine him ever being likable, but they managed to destroy my expectation about Flurryheart, and they actually did make me like Gilda.. so anything is possible. I would be willing to go into it with an open mind, but they would have to pull off one hell of a miracle to save Blueblood for me. :D

13 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

So if they did put out an episode with him in it, and it was actually good, you would still hate it? This was a topic I addressed a couple of days ago with how I seem some opinions.

I agree with you in that I don't like him, and I honestly cannot imagine him ever being likable, but they managed to destroy my expectation about Flurryheart, and they actually did make me like Gilda.. so anything is possible. I would be willing to go into it with an open mind, but they would have to pull off one hell of a miracle to save Blueblood for me. :D

Yes, this is true, but it is my opinion and personal experience. I've never liked arrogant people, like him. And Gilda is just a bullie, you can take action to that. But to chance someones hole character? It isn't possible. They descited he would be snobby, so he shall be snobby and arrogant.

21 hours ago, Princess Aurora Wolf said:

Eww, please no. We don't need that ruffian back in the show. He's just disgusting.

really? Just because he's a bit of a snob? If Changelings, Discord, Zephry Breeze, Iron Will, Gilda, and others can change, so can Blueblood

I think Prince Blueblood was one of those sorta flat characters who really only works for one episode. The writers would have to try real hard to make him at least a bit likable. If anything, maybe bring back Rarity's other old love interest Trenderhoof. That pony's got much more of a developed personality, even though he also only starred in one episode.

8 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

I think Prince Blueblood was one of those sorta flat characters who really only works for one episode. The writers would have to try real hard to make him at least a bit likable. If anything, maybe bring back Rarity's other old love interest Trenderhoof. That pony's got much more of a developed personality, even though he also only starred in one episode.

read this:

he's not entirely irredeemable

• Brohoof 1

Some on EqD have speculated that an episode entitled Royal Problem may have Blueblood in it, so there are others that are on board with this. 

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Some on EqD have speculated that an episode entitled Royal Problem may have Blueblood in it, so there are others that are on board with this. 

I certainly hope so. Rarity called him a royal pain when she first met him, but has seen warming up to him in his cameos. Maybe- as said in the op- there could be a royal problem between him and cousin Cadance. (that Flutters would have to fix)

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

A press release for season 7 said that upcoming episodes would feature Celestia and Luna, Flurry Hearts, and Rainbow Dash's parents. Given the company they were put with, I don't think Celestia and Luna were because they're recurring supporting character, I think it's going to be because they'll be playing a major role in an upcoming episode, just like Flurry Hearts did. And I don't think it was referring to Celestial Advice since they were named together and Luna didn't have much of a role in that episode even though Celestia did, so I think Royal Problem could be a Celestia and Luna episode.