Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any crossover fans here?

LugiaFan249

I do like when there's crossovers, seeing how two different series' can interact with each other, but generally speaking I prefer it in the professional capacity. Fan-made crossovers can be really dumb and I don't like the way they do it.

I rather enjoy fighting games that mix up characters from different series'. Aquapazza uses characters from Utewarerumono and Comic Party while Nitroplus Blasterz has characters like Saber from Fate/Stay Night. I really wish the roster for these games was bigger though. Lots of characters just from the Fate series to use. Hell, a Fate series fighting game crossing over just the multiple series' and timelines would be amazing.

36 minutes ago, Discordian said:

I do like when there's crossovers, seeing how two different series' can interact with each other, but generally speaking I prefer it in the professional capacity. Fan-made crossovers can be really dumb and I don't like the way they do it.

I rather enjoy fighting games that mix up characters from different series'. Aquapazza uses characters from Utewarerumono and Comic Party while Nitroplus Blasterz has characters like Saber from Fate/Stay Night. I really wish the roster for these games was bigger though. Lots of characters just from the Fate series to use. Hell, a Fate series fighting game crossing over just the multiple series' and timelines would be amazing.

But what if there's a really well developed fan crossover that had thought put into it?

12 hours ago, LugiaFan249 said:

But what if there's a really well developed fan crossover that had thought put into it?

In that case it depends on the medium. For example, I don't read fanfiction or any sort of text-based prose. Comics and animations are more likely to get my attention.

Of course, this doesn't extend to things like fanart. By itself fanart is dependent on how well it's drawn and it's not about creating a story. It's just something to look at. That sort of crossover stuff I'm usually fine with.

I'm not closed to the idea of fan-made crossovers but they have to be done really well for me to appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Discordian said:

In that case it depends on the medium. For example, I don't read fanfiction or any sort of text-based prose. Comics and animations are more likely to get my attention.

Of course, this doesn't extend to things like fanart. By itself fanart is dependent on how well it's drawn and it's not about creating a story. It's just something to look at. That sort of crossover stuff I'm usually fine with.

I'm not closed to the idea of fan-made crossovers but they have to be done really well for me to appreciate it.

I understand.

I really enjoy the Smash Bros Series, but that is the only real crossover series that I have played, outside of Hyrule Warriors Legends, but I haven't played any of the Dynasty Warriors games before, so I am more enjoy the Zelda side than the other part of the crossover.

I have to admit the new Marvel vs Capcom Infinite looks really cool, and I would like to try it out, however I don't have any consoles that it is going to be on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes, I like to watch a lot of PMV videos, as well as MLP parodies of old cartoons that I liked.  Fan-art crossovers are great, too.  

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@LugiaFan249 I like Lugia, too. Though Pokemon The Movie 2000 wasn't my favorite Pokemon movie, I loved how Lugia played in it.

Also, PMVs like this give me nostalgia overload:

Edited by ChB