Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

No mid-season hiatus this time?

Sly

Hey there. The announcement of the new episode, made me thinking about something: according to Yahoo, the episode airing on June 3rd is the 15th of the S7 in production order. We have been throught this plenty of times in past (I.E. Hearts Warming eve airing as 11th of S2 but was the 13th, or Scare Master airing as 21st of the S5 but was the 15th, or The Faults in our Cutie Marks airing as 19th of S6 but was the 9th of the S6). What is surprising is that an episode from the second half airs in the first half: according to what Director Jim Miller said, episodes air 8-10 weeks after their 100% completition. If already an episode from the 2nd half is airing THIS soon it means they might air the WHOLE season without a hiatus this time. I remember that in S6 only 12 episodes aired before the hiatus after The Faults in Our Cutie Marks was postponed, if Stranger than FF was completed already by that time, they could have just aired that but they did a hiatus instead, meaning that the episode wasn't ready yet to air a week after Spice Up your life. This is why I thought this. I think they are gonna avoid a mid-season hiatus this time in order to air the whole season before the release of the MOVIE.  What do you think?

Edit: FAKE ALERT. It's 7x09. Miller confirmed on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/858026869408628736

Close the topic please.

Edited by Sly

I made this same post a while ago. I don't think there's a mid-season hiatus anyway because if they want to end the season before the movie comes out, they'd just skip the hiatus for this year.

Considering the film is out in early October, it would be in Hasbro's best interests for Season 7 to end before it's released. It wouldn't be good to have them both have release schedules that crossover and lose momentum for one over the other; because it'll be difficult to care for Season 7's end because of the film and the sheer difference in scale we're gonna get. Not to mention, I found the hiatus last year was annoying...

My two cents.

Skipping the hiatus is the best decision they can make. Still airing new episodes after the movie's premiere sounds like a bad marketing strategy. At this rate, we can expect the season to wrap up around September.

• Brohoof 1

I ain't gonna complain either way, honestly - I still love this show to death but I have less time than ever to actually keep up with it and enjoy it to the fullest. I honestly wouldn't mind a mid-season break to let me catch up. :P

• 5 weeks later...

I have evily resurrected this post just to say, yes, there will be another hiatus...

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/05/discovery-family-confirms-mid-season.html

But we won't be alone this time. The three Equestria Girls specials which aired on Poland will air sometime late in June. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/05/equestria-girls-specials-coming-to.html

Hmmmm... Seems like the guys at Hasbro and Discovery are testing the water to see how well a possible EG series would fare with the public.