Sarge Sixteenbit

feedback Rainbow Dash as Goku WIP (Feedback, please)

Recommended Posts

I'm starting to make a habit out of drawing Rainbow Dash cosplaying as action heroes. Here's one of her as Goku. Only the hair is colored in so that I know where to put the different colors of her main and tail.

Should I adjust anything before inking and coloring?

rainboku_by_sergeant16bit-db7kdfu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I feel like the head is too big at nearly 1/3 of her height, but you might have to change alot if you edit that so it might mean starting over, so just go with it I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

5 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

I feel like the head is too big at nearly 1/3 of her height, but you might have to change alot if you edit that so it might mean starting over, so just go with it I guess.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree again. I checked the proportions of the character models twice. Her head already was a third of the height. Are you sure the hair isn't throwing you off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sarge Sixteenbit said:

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree again. I checked the proportions of the character models twice. Her head already was a third of the height. Are you sure the hair isn't throwing you off?

That's when she is standing on her front legs, not hind legs, which adds the length of her back to the equation. That's how it looks to me anyways. But maybe she looks thicker for me or something and its confusing me idk.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

That's when she is standing on her front legs, not hind legs, which adds the length of her back to the equation. That's how it looks to me anyways.

Very well, let's count the proportions of a pony with the same body structure.

pinkie_pie_wanna_hug_you__by_lazy_joe-d5

If you measure the lengths from scalp to chin, then chin to crotch, then crotch to hooves, you'll notice that they're roughly the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sarge Sixteenbit said:

Very well, let's count the proportions of a pony with the same body structure.

pinkie_pie_wanna_hug_you__by_lazy_joe-d5

If you measure the lengths from scalp to chin, then chin to crotch, then crotch to hooves, you'll notice that they're roughly the same

Yeah you are correct, and Pinkie's head is actually taller. Its prolly just how the limbs are thicker.

Edited by CuriUndersXeno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Yeah you are correct, and Pinkie's head is actually taller. Its prolly just how the limbs are thicker and such then, or the hind legs are shorter and the body is longer, and the detailed angular-ness of the face.

Think I should thin the legs a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Sarge Sixteenbit said:

Think I should thin the legs a bit?

Yeah, and man I tried editing my post twice, and each time it sent me back a page. My mouse keeps double-clicking lately and weird stuff now n then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
29 minutes ago, CuriUndersXeno said:

Yeah, and man I tried editing my post twice, and each time it sent me back a page. My mouse keeps double-clicking lately and weird stuff now n then.

Thinned the legs. (I'll reinsert the sparks. Forgot to turn the layer back on)

rainboku_by_sergeant16bit-db7kdfu.pngrainboku_v2_by_sergeant16bit-db7l5l5.png

Edited by Sarge Sixteenbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

12 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

 

She's over nine thousand!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.