Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Need help with a name, special talent and cutie mark

King of spades

I've been working on this new OC lately and so far I'm quite pleased with how he turned out. But now I'm stuck on figuring out a name, cutie mark and special talent and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

He's a unicorn, all in various shades of blue; greyish blue coat, electric blue mane and tail with a couple of black streaks(which are styled to sort of resemble a spiky mohawk) and baby blue eyes.

For his personality, he's a fun and adventure loving individual who'll often do crazy and spontaneous things just for the fun of it. And although his sarcasm and occasional bluntness make him seem a little cold at first, underneath that exterior lies a kind hearted pony that will often go out of his way to help others.

He's also a very independent and free spirit who's not afraid to go against the crowd and do his own thing rather than letting others tell him what to do.

Sometimes he's as stubborn as a mule (Even Cranky Doodle donkey has nothing on him lol) which is both a flaw and a virtue in his case.

His interests include comic books about superheroes, movies, trying out new things and music.

When he's not planning another crazy adventure or hanging out with friends, you'll most likely find him at the library studying magic or playing with Duke, his pet fruit bat.

And that's pretty much it. I hope this description is helpful and I can't wait to see what names, talents and cutie marks you guys come up with!

1 hour ago, King of spades said:

When he's not planning another crazy adventure or hanging out with friends, you'll most likely find him at the library studying magic or playing with Duke, his pet fruit bat.

Are adventures a big feature of his life? 

If adventuring is his thing then some kind of explorer's gear might form part of his cutie mark - a compass, a map, a sextant or suchlike. 

1 hour ago, King of spades said:

He's also a very independent and free spirit who's not afraid to go against the crowd and do his own thing rather than letting others tell him what to do.

Sometimes he's as stubborn as a mule (Even Cranky Doodle donkey has nothing on him lol) which is both a flaw and a virtue in his case.

Following on from the adventuring theme, a talent that includes elements of courage, confidence, inquisitiveness and determination would suit him well. He would need the particular mindset that pushes him to do something different / go somewhere new, be it to achieve a goal or just for the sake of discovery, and his special talent would be tied to that. Consider also exactly what it is that motivates him to go adventuring - what is it he wants to get out of it; fame, recognition, riches or just an adrenaline rush?* Once you have that nailed down, the talent they need to pursue this sort of life should be a bit clearer.

*don't be afraid to make a character that is motivated, at least in part, by such material concerns - a lot of explorers were, and it makes them more believable characters.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Once In A Blue Moon said:

Are adventures a big feature of his life? 

If adventuring is his thing then some kind of explorer's gear might form part of his cutie mark - a compass, a map, a sextant or suchlike. 

Following on from the adventuring theme, a talent that includes elements of courage, confidence, inquisitiveness and determination would suit him well. He would need the particular mindset that pushes him to do something different / go somewhere new, be it to achieve a goal or just for the sake of discovery, and his special talent would be tied to that. Consider also exactly what it is that motivates him to go adventuring - what is it he wants to get out of it; fame, recognition, riches or just an adrenaline rush?* Once you have that nailed down, the talent they need to pursue this sort of life should be a bit clearer.

*don't be afraid to make a character that is motivated, at least in part, by such material concerns - a lot of explorers were, and it makes them more believable characters.

Actually, you could say that adventures play a significant role in his life as both of his grandparents were adventurers themselves and their marvelous stories were what inspired him to pursue that kind of life style. He wanted to be exactly like them; to constantly push himself to expand his horizons and experience every amazing thing the world has to offer. And of course to one day make his way into the hall of fame alongside his grandparents as one of the greatest adventurers ever.

And for his cutie mark, I think that a compass along with a pair of swords, seeing as they are sometimes considered a symbol of bravery, would make the perfect cutie mark. Now all I need is the perfect name and I can get to work on his bio.

Thank you for all your help!

• Brohoof 1