Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to save a PM conversation?

DashYoshi

I would like to ask, how do I save a copy of a personal message conversation for offline? For example, I have some messages I would wish to delete, but I would like to archive it for offline reading before deleting them. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option for doing so in neither the inbox nor the conversation.

Reading offline? Like having an external file on your desktop, such as .txt? I'm afraid it doesn't offer exporting messages like this.

Dependable on how complex they are, you could use some workarounds, though it would require some work.

For example if they don't have images and other fancy things in them, such as quotes or spoilers, then you could just highlight the whole page and copy&paste messages to notepad or other programs, then save them as a .txt file on your PC.

Another way would be taking a screenshot and saving it as a .png file, where you'd have an image of the message.

It wouldn't be efficient for long conversations though.

If I'm not mistaking, in the previous version of forums, you could archive your message and receive a copy of it to your mail by clicking a button, but it seems it's gone after the update.

To be honest I don't know what else could be done, but I may have missed something. :P 

15 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Reading offline? Like having an external file on your desktop, such as .txt? I'm afraid it doesn't offer exporting messages like this.

Dependable on how complex they are, you could use some workarounds, though it would require some work.

For example if they don't have images and other fancy things in them, such as quotes or spoilers, then you could just highlight the whole page and copy&paste messages to notepad or other programs, then save them as a .txt file on your PC.

Another way would be taking a screenshot and saving it as a .png file, where you'd have an image of the message.

It wouldn't be efficient for long conversations though.

If I'm not mistaking, in the previous version of forums, you could archive your message and receive a copy of it to your mail by clicking a button, but it seems it's gone after the update.

To be honest I don't know what else could be done, but I may have missed something. :P 

There was a feature like that in the previous version of the forums, although it is missing in this new update, that is true. :please: It seems that the only thing that can be done for now is through the methods you've mentioned - copy & paste to a txt file on a PC and/or taking screenshots of it, which is inefficient for longer conversations or for ones with a lot of fancy formatting. I hope a more automated process like in the previous forums becomes a feature here sometime. :please: Thank you for the help, though, I appreciate it. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1