Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you related to anyone famous?

The Equestrian Brony

(edited)

I was on ancestry.com and WikiTree.com and I found out that I was related to King Henry I, Charlemagne, President William McKinley, and William the Coqueror which is amazing! 

Are you related to anyone famous?

Edited by The Equestrian Brony
  • Brohoof 2

I can say with certainty that I am directly related to a famous American Patriot from the Revolutionary time period. I share the same last name, though I have since forgotten the title they are in relation to me. (IE Great great great... something XD )

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm related to a criminal who murdered five people in cold blood.

That's about it....

Oh, you meant famous, not "infamous." I have none of those. Oops.

I guess one pseudo-famous individual who's been dead for a while:

My great, great, great grandfather who owned a circus in Puerto Rico.

Edited by Halberd

I'm a third or fourth cousin of Colorado Rockies player Trevor Story.

trevor-story-rockies-history.jpg.e7b524ae2967e4964f7769f21002ccfe.jpg

Additionally, I'm a descendant of Thomas Hooker, one of the American colonial Puritans who helped establish the city of Hartford, Connecticut. Look him up sometime. :) It's sorta similar to @Nebula Wolf, except I have a different last name.

nzV8uBYqfayHZzgvKdrHSX9m.jpeg.19ff29ec496c1adbb6c7cdec5e5f540e.jpeg

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'm related to Jessie and Frank James on one side of my family, because Jessie is my great great great great great uncle.

I'm also related to Sam Elliot on another side of my family as a distant cousin. He's an actor, he played on the golden compass.

jesse-and-frank-james.jpg.912b10bb6411b585ce511aad7752bd95.jpg590722cd0c3c1_samelliott.jpg.721e8e9589c65be9e6b8a5cdfe58f648.jpg

Oh and there's Thomas Creech. Google him, first link and yeah. He was a serial killer. Killed a suspected 42 people.

creech.jpg.0e4d4835fff3f590d8c1a8ec2f8a8a73.jpg

Edited by midnightmuse
photos
  • Brohoof 2

13 hours ago, Prospekt said:

I'm a third or fourth cousin of Colorado Rockies player Trevor Story.

trevor-story-rockies-history.jpg.e7b524ae2967e4964f7769f21002ccfe.jpg

Additionally, I'm a descendant of Thomas Hooker, one of the American colonial Puritans who helped establish the city of Hartford, Connecticut. Look him up sometime. :) It's sorta similar to @Nebula Wolf, except I have a different last name.

nzV8uBYqfayHZzgvKdrHSX9m.jpeg.19ff29ec496c1adbb6c7cdec5e5f540e.jpeg

I forgot to mention, I'm also distantly related to an infamous Union general in the American Civil War, General Joseph Hooker. He sucked at his job... he suffered an embarrassing defeat in the Battle of Chancellorsville so President Lincoln had him removed from command.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm related to the merry queen of Scots. Also William The Conqueror. Hey we're related!

Also if any of you are trying to search up ancestry, check and see if any of your family are Mormon. They do tons of genealogy research for the church. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

On 5/1/2017 at 3:49 PM, ShadowDash13 said:

Can one make an island? I want to make an island.

Elvis Presley is my cousin, four times removed. (Still waiting for my share of his fortune...)

My mom loves Elvis. I have plenty and plenty of his records. I have a few signed ones from him too. I bet they're worth a few thousand by now. An old lady who let me buy her record collection didn't know those signed records were in there. lol

52 minutes ago, Anneal said:

Qin Shi Huang.

I win. :orly:

Wait, wasn't he from ancient China? What dynasty? The Qin dynasty I guess? Sorry, I haven't researched him yet and I'm just going from assumption lol. 

47 minutes ago, Jedi Knight Lunarpalette said:

I'm related to John Hancock I believe and King Richard the Lion Heart.

John Hancock had the biggest signature on the Deceleration of Independence because he was the president of the Continental Congress. It's cool that you are related to him though! :) 

• Brohoof 1

Yes. Yes I am, in a weird way. By blood I am related to a poet who married a fairly well known author. 

Part of the family came from Irish/English roots and landing in PA, where some of us stayed and some moved to California, Texas, and New York. 

The Texas branch of the family produced an award winning poet. Pretty good with the pen. He married someone better. ;)

Those here that know my last name can get this really quickly. I've only met her once when I was five when both of them visited my grandfather during a reunion/retirement thing. I've been asked a few times if I'm related to her. I usually state I am not since it's by marriage and my actual relative passed away about 15 years ago. 

She wouldn't know who the hell I am, but it is interesting nonetheless. And yes, I read her from time to time. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Wait, wasn't he from ancient China? What dynasty? The Qin dynasty I guess? Sorry, I haven't researched him yet and I'm just going from assumption lol. 

Anyone who has Huang or Hwang as a surname is related to the House of Ying and therefore Qin directly. 

It's highly likely that I'm a descendant of the Maclachlan clan, so it's also likely I'm related to Jacksepticeye (his last name is McLoughlin which is probably derived from Maclachlan).