Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A blu ray release possible after the MLP movie?

SaeMyName

I have been wondering for years why this series hasn't had blu ray releases? I have all four EQG on blu ray and love them. But I know this show is formatted in 1080p

I was thinking if the movie kills it at the box office, can a blu ray release of seasons 1-6 and future seasons be viable? I mean hell most cartoons I see have a blu ray release. Regular Show and Adventure Time have them. Feels Hasbro is cheap, even though UHD blu rays are expensive and standard blu ray has been cheaply made for some years now.

Hi, @SaeMyName! As your discussion focuses specifically on pony-related merch, I moved your thread over to Merchandise. Thanks! :) 

I also gave your title a slight modification to better suit the content of your thread. 

My OTHER favorite show, Bob's Burgers, which is a fairly major show on FOX (usually gets two million viewers per episode), still hasn't gotten Blu-ray releases even now as it's wrapping up its seventh season. For both that show and MLP I just buy the HD downloads of every episode on iTunes, usually available the day after they air.

I would love Blu-ray releases of both shows and would buy them up in a heartbeat even though I have both series in their entirety on iTunes but it seems to me that some shows just don't get Blu-rays. In the case of either show I expect a Blu-ray box set to show up some time after the series ends, though.