Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A new paradise (Private with The Cerbus)

MickeyAdaptus

When the connection happened, The Mask span around like something had hit it and Grin collapsed to the ground panting. The mask flew next to Grin and turned invisible. The mare gasped and panted heavily, "What..Where am I." She backed up few steps looking at the group slightly frightened, "Who are you all, Where's Potion?" 

• Brohoof 1

"Aye, it seems she has some memory loss."

He then moved to her and looked her eyes with his eyes narrowed.

"Look into my eyes young one, what do you see?"

His eyes started giving off a constantly changing pattern of colours and shapes, every person who looked into his eyes could see something different something from their own past, or perhaps the far future?

(edited)

"Probably because of the broken link with The Mask, She doesn't remember anything that happened after putting it on first time" The Mare looked unsure but still choose to do as she was told. She focused on Montarion's eyes, but after few seconds, she backed up, with expression of mixed horror and sadness "He is....I.... killed...Why...."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

"When a family disconnects, it can truly leave the scars on a soul.."

Jack, however, not being able to handle what was currently happening, ran off.

"Such are the broken tides of war, they take everything from you, whether its a curse of a dead blow, it all ends up the same."

Montarion looked at the group.

"I will be right back"

he then teleported away.

(edited)

TC-308 was helping Grin to get back up again, meanwhile Nameless went next to the Mare and gave her a piece of paper with, what looked like map to her. He then pointed to the map and then into the forest, he was talking to her too quietly to be heard by others as he was showing her a route to somewhere. He then put his hoof on her shoulder and said something before the Mare turned around and started walking away. 

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jack stopped nearby a river.

He looked into the water, his reflection showing his face.

'What am I doing here.. Why did it have to end like this? I am here taking my sweet time while my best friend is still out there fighting the very battle that supposed to happen years ago..'

He looked at this right hand, a small scar was on his palm, it looked really old but it was still visible.

'Blood brothers forever...' echoed trough his mind.

Tears were streaming from his eyes.

'It is true. I have failed them all... I have been trying to live with this for all those years, but to what extend? I am merely trying to mask the very existence from those who sacrificed their lives so that I could have future...'

Montarion teleported behind him.

"We all have a future Jack, we merely have to create it ourselves."

"A person used to tell me that to, but that was before he was converted, same goes for all of those other people who I presumed were going to live longer." Jack said.

"You are suffering from old wounds, while we cannot bring back those who are gone forever, we can still save ones who remain, even if that number is rather low."

"My father had known of Valtrek's return, he used his visions to save thousands of lives from damnation, but how did everybody repay him? They all abandoned him like he was nothing, I was forced to watch as he was brutally murdered... He was truly fearless, not having shown any sign of that in his entire life, yet I could read the fear on his face when he knew he stood no chance of winning.."

"But do you know what the worst part is? We are powerless to stop our own doom from coming, those who we thought had the power to rival Valtrek himself all met their ends like they were nothing.. Tell me, how are we supposed to beat something that controls an army that numbers at a rate of the stars themselves?" Jack said.

"That answer is simple Jack, we can't. If everything will be erased soon, then that is destiny, we are but a mere part of existence. Before you came here we all presumed that all other alien life was simply wiped out, leaving only us and the corruption in a clashing war that didn't stop from ending, but the winner was already known all along.

We can only do much. Let's think about this for a second, our 3 subspecies were born from a single entity that managed to prevent the destruction of all life, but at the sacrifice of her own life, wich caused us to exist in the first place. Don't you think that once we are all extinct that same thing could happen? Only time will tell."

Jack said nothing as he bleakly looked at the water.

(edited)

Nameless returned to the other ponies. "Did you send her to Potion?" "Yes, he's only pony who can help her, after all, her Potion was our Potion's ancestor." "I would assume that mask will be mad for a while?" "It indeed is."

Edited by The Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Jack was silent for a moment.

"I have a plan, but tough it may not be the best one."

"Tell me"

"I was thinking... What if I head back to Cyril? If things go well I might be able to get some of the population to Equestria, that way we have an even better chance at stopping the invasion."

"Tell me, Jack, there is more to it than gathering forces isn't it?"

"Yes, when I escaped from the demon realm, my destination was originally Cyril, but something changed my destination details, and I ended up here... But perhaps the biggest reason is that I want to reunite with Sharpglory... I have known him since I was only 7 years old. And I made a promise to him, it is rather complicated, but the deal was pretty extreme.."

"And you want me to create a portal straight to Cyril correct?"

"Yes"

"Very well, I am not  going to stop you, follow your heart Jack, that is what kept you alive this far, even if you are not self-aware of it."

"It is going to take me a few hours to locate Cyril, it's pretty far away so this isn't something I can get done that fast. You should prepare your self for what time you have left, while you are brave, you are going to be writing yourself a dead sentence with what you are trying to accomplish."

He then teleported them both back to the group.

"Where did the mare go?" Jack asked.

"She went to meet the only pony that can help her to understand her situation and accept it." "Descendant of Magic Potion, the pony who she misses." "And he will also keep her safe for now." "So, Speaking of which, should we proceed with this whole attack thing?"

• Brohoof 1

Jack sighed, then started to talk.

"I am not going to lie to you guys but there is something I have to do, I am heading back to one of my older home planets."

"Things are going to be more dangerous than they ever have been before, so it is going to take a lot longer for me return. well if I will be able to return is the case..."

"I know someone there who might be able to help us, but I am not sure if things have changed a lot during the 3 years that I was away."

"It has changed a lot Jack, your escape has made a quite a reputation for yourself, but this has also caused a rather negative impact.

Suffice to say the enemy activity has skyrocketed to relentless attacks, the chance you will find any survivor groups are slim unless you know where to look."

"Well ,you do that then." "You do what you have to do." "But as for you, it might be that you do not return, but at the same time for us, it might be that you do not have where to return." "We three have been talking, we will join the Princesses in the battlefield." "We will assist you if you need us here." "But our loyalty is on our rulers, and we are done moving around and hiding."

• Brohoof 1

Jack got a small smile on his face.

"You guys are really brave, I haven't seen such loyalty and dedication in a long time, in these times it truly inspires me. I will be cheering for you guys."

Jack's face got a bit bleaker.

"But I am not going to sugar coat this for you guys, the chance your planet will survive is very slim, and even if you manage to beat back the invasion once, they will keep coming back until everyone single one of you is no longer able to resist, they have so many followers that they could kill of 1/3 of their entire army and it wouldn't even make them worry in the slightest.

"That doesn't bother us." "We are all loners." "Only thing any of us can lose, is our life." "But Luna damn us." "If we did not try." "And even if they were to win" "Not only would this planet turn uninhabitable from lack of harmony" "But as long as time exists" "Fallen shall raise again and again, until end of time." "But besides that, those who are thought to be unwinnable, makes the biggest mistakes." "And falls the hardest."

• Brohoof 1

Jack nodded.

"Montarion, is it ready?"

"Yes it is, but I must advise you to stay away from their patrols at all cost, they patrol on the ground as well as the sky.

Normally I am not one to bother anybody with this, but what you are going to do is foolish, you are letting your mentor's teaching consume your judgement."

"He would have wanted for me to do this, and I will not let his legacy falter. It is only right."

Jack stared at the group and gave a goodbye wave with his hand, he then entered the portal and vanished.

The ponies waved back. Nameless then turned towards Montarion, "So Montarion, what's your plan, you gonna come with us, or will we part ways now?" "Although your powers could be useful in the battle, we all have our own priorities." "So, what is yours?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I am afraid I won't be able to help in your battle, at least for now. Your priorities do not seem to reach out than anything outside your planet.

And for that reason, there are others who need my help, especially those who don't have it nearly as good as you all have in your current conditions. Once your planet is safe, you should all consider taking it a step further, they could use all the help they could get at the moment. These words are going to be playing a big part in your futures, especially with what is going to happen due time. *Life is precious, but the cycle of life won't be able to repeat itself a second time.*"

"But before I depart, I want to let you all hear something, I managed to pick a distress signal when I was using my powers to vision space, and I found a rather disturbing one. Something that I had to hide from Jack himself."

He used his powers to repeat the message to the others in their minds.

"These are the coordinates for Renegade Equestria."

"I have been able to gather some information. But some of them of me, at least that I exist."

"There is a member of blood cult hiding among them, but unlike the others, he seems non-hostile, wich is unnatural."

"But your bait worked, the fool is heading to your desired location, and he is all alone. This should be child's play."

"But do mistake our bargain for an alliance, I won't be part of the growing incursion, do you understand me Kaliah?"

"I have fulfilled your request, and now you are going to do mine."

The voice seemed to be masked by some sort of encryption, making it sound like a robotic voice.

"There is a traitor among the ranks of your planet."

Edited by Mickey Adaptus

"Why am I not surprised?" "Whoever it is, it has to be somepony at the higher ranks." "Yes, I would guess somepony in ranks just after Shining Armor." "Well, that's why it's good then, that we are only loyal to Princesses." "Well, We'll be going then, see you later if we meet again." Then TC-308 and Grin took flight, and Nameless started running towards Ponyville.  

• Brohoof 1

As Jacked looked around him, he was scanning the area.

There were ruins everywhere, where once was a thriving and advanced city now only lay the remains of what it once was.

There where power conduits emerging from all directions around the city, its material used for it was something that was very unique.

But most of all, on a planet where its supposed to be rather hot, it was around -24 degrees, snow covered the entire planet.

'It is snowing? This is already a sign I have been gone for far too long here, I barely recognise it now.'

He looked around some more before thinking to himself.

'Should I really have gone trough with this all? I am only 13 years old... NO, I have to do this!'

Jack walked trough the snow, his entire coat was covered in snow.

As he entered one of the buildings, a sound could be heard from outside.

His ears twitched at the familiar sound.

'They are eating.. Good, that will give me a chance to strike,'

Outside stood 3 catlike creatures, they all had coal black coats and the golden glowing eyes, they had no sentience, only their instincts of murder.

They were eating from a carcass that had been laying there for quite a while, nothing much had remained of it.

He sneaked upon the creatures, as he was close enough shot a magical blast from his hands, burning the back of one of the creatures.

The other 2 charges at Jack with a great speed.

Jack, however, ran straight up to the creatures and tackled one of the incoming ones, before crushing its head with a brick that was nearby.

The other creature was about to attack from behind when Jack turned around used his turning speed to increase the force of the swing, the brick crushed its skull with a sickening crack, killing it instantly.

The third one who had been blasted earlier tried to stand up, but Jack didn't give him that chance, he threw the brick at its head, when it got hit in the head it was dead for good.

He stood there, panting.

'It seems I haven't lost my touch, fighting other enemies may be hard for me, but fighting darkness cats has become a natural instinct for me after all these years.'

He dragged one of the bodies inside and placed it around the corner.

He then tried to make a fire but had no hope in doing it as it was too cold.

The ponies moved quickly. Because Montarion had moved them close to the crash site, they had to keep quick pace, so it would't take super long to get out of the forest. Their travel wasn't interrupted by anything.

• Brohoof 1

A few hours had passed as Jack sat lonely in the building.

Shivering in the cold, he was lost in thoughts, until very loud sounds woke him up.

He looked outside and he quickly took cover.

Over his where flying a squadron of dropships, soaring trough the sky above Jack's head.

Somewhere in one of the further streets, a large patrol was walking trough the ruins, all armed to teeth wich consisted of advanced weaponry.

Somewhere equipped with Assault Rifles and Shotguns while there were also bigger enemies, covered in very thick and strong armour, walking around with a minigun as they patrolled the streets.

Jack tried to get his breathing under control as he sat there.

More soldiers came out from the alleyways, more and more kept walking past the building Jack was hiding in.

'That is no patrol, that is the size of a massive strike force! I have a sneaking suspicion they are going to attack somewhere.' he thought grimly.

'But who could be such a threat against them that they need to send out an army of this size? Montarion was not exaggerating..'

He waited for the massive strike force to pass, wich took a rather long time.

When closing at the edge of the Everfree Forest, the three ponies stopped and gathered. They had a discussion about how they were to proceed in any given situation and what were the priorities. When all three agreed, they walked out of the forest.

• Brohoof 1

Once the strike force had passed, Jack started moving out of the city and into the wasteland.

He had been walking for what seemed like forever, but he saw no other buildings or even any sort of living things, only the frozen hills and the snow that covered it all.

At this point Jack was suffering to starvation, after not having eaten for so long, he got a lot thinner, so much that his ribcage could be seen from behind the fur.

'I don't even know where to go, I hope I find something soon..'

Eventually, he collapsed, but due to exhaustion he didn't even bother to stand up, he closed his eyes as he lay in the snow.

The ponies arrived to Ponyville, there was guards going around everywhere, for obvious reasons. Marketplace wasn't in use and town was generally empty. They didn't stay to talk with anypony, but just walked straight towards the train-station to see if they could take a train to Canterlot, or would they be forced to go on hoof. 

• Brohoof 1

As the events of Ponyville were going on, there was something weird going on.

Out of nowhere, a voice could be heard in all around Ponyville, but the speaker was nowhere to be found.

"Greetings Ponies! My name is Arlayna Lutris, I require your assistance."

The guard ponies around Ponyville all drew their weapons, scanning the area and standing ready to combat any threat.

"And should you help us? In this matter, we are not your enemy, for we are not part of the attack that has happened in your village. But they will be preparing for an attack eventually, and that is why I need your help, together we can repel this threat."

The voice sounded female and sounded very mystic, but the speaker was still nowhere to be found.

After hearing the voice, The three ponies went to little side alleyway so they were out of the clear visibility. "Conveniently helpful voice without a source, these things never promise anything good." "Let's listen what this Arlayna has to say, but keep you guards up." 

• Brohoof 1