Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you clean your ponies?

ManaMinori

Living in a dry, arid region, get a lot of dust buildup pretty quickly around the house, so I'm forced to move my ponies from their organized shelf space and tidy them up a bit. Dust doesn'tlook good in their pretty manes and tails. How often do you guys clean up your pony space? Do you put them back as they were, each time, or re-organize them, when you do?

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Lightning Roller said:

I move them around once in a while when I'm actually at home to clean them, unfortunately they kinda fit like a puzzle lol I do miss my collection though 59092a0338c10_Shelf1.thumb.JPG.4be70c5e46bb507bc2237f549405a3be.JPG

Top picture, second shelf. I like how the mane six all went out to drink a yard of ale together.

^_^

• Brohoof 1

Well I don't clean them to often since I collect the older gens there more likely prone to cancer if they get wet to much. But I do lightly dust them time to time and I usually put them back in order of their sets . Only time I really give them a good clean when its A I just got it from ordering online from a not to knowledgeable seller. I can't say how many times I had to oxi a pony because the seller did not inform me of either tail rust or pin dot mold. B I bought it at a thrift shop and it looks in rough shape ( I actually found a dream beauty at a thrift shop) C It's a lost childhood pony that was in storage for many years and needs a good deep cleaning.

• Brohoof 1

I currently don't have a spot for my big collection working on getting a book shelf for my collection, but I normally don't clean them unless I have to if they have mold, tail rust, been in a thrift store, etc then I will wash them and restore them so they look pretty again.

• Brohoof 1

I have many plushies and have always wondered what the best way to clean them is? They are pretty dusty at the moment., Does anyone know a good way to clean them without damaging them?

I don't really clean them unless the dirt is really bothering me. For my plastic toys, I brush their hair and wash them every 2 or 3 months. I don't wash my plush toys.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I move them to dust a few times a month. I hafta dust my G1s and soft plastic fakies more then my G3s, hard plastic fakies and G4s because the dust can and will ingrain itself if you don't. 

Only time I give them an actual wash, is if

A) They're coming to me second hand and that's more likely then not since I collect older gens.

B ) I've discovered rust. Ick!

C) Some of the G4s have this horrible chemical smell, some have oily hair and the Pearlies have this weird, slick feeling on their bodies. XQ

14 hours ago, Ember Gleam said:

I have many plushies and have always wondered what the best way to clean them is? They are pretty dusty at the moment., Does anyone know a good way to clean them without damaging them?

Same as you would with any plush. Put it in a tied pillowcase and set it to a gentle cycle. :)

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Leave a Whisper said:

I move them to dust a few times a month. I hafta dust my G1s and soft plastic fakies more then my G3s, hard plastic fakies and G4s because the dust can and will ingrain itself if you don't. 

Only time I give them an actual wash, is if

A) They're coming to me second hand and that's more likely then not since I collect older gens.

B ) I've discovered rust. Ick!

C) Some of the G4s have this horrible chemical smell, some have oily hair and the Pearlies have this weird, slick feeling on their bodies. XQ

Same as you would with any plush. Put it in a tied pillowcase and set it to a gentle cycle. :)

Ok got it. Thank you very much, that is very helpful.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is this a euphemism for something? :wat:

OK, I'll be serious.

I only own one plastic pony figurine (Fluttershy). She's mint in the box, so no dusting is required.

As for my pony plushies--I store them in my closet and almost never move them or touch them, so they don't need to washed.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

On 2017-05-01 at 8:12 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

Living in a dry, arid region, get a lot of dust buildup pretty quickly around the house, so I'm forced to move my ponies from their organized shelf space and tidy them up a bit. Dust doesn'tlook good in their pretty manes and tails. How often do you guys clean up your pony space? Do you put them back as they were, each time, or re-organize them, when you do?

Hi, as this is a discussion pertaining to the upkeep of Pony merch, it has been moved to the appropriate sub-board.