Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where are most of you from?

Pie Kn1ght

On 4 May 2017 at 8:29 AM, Vaiana said:

Hello from the other side! I'm from Perth, Western Australia.

I actually went to Perth for two weeks back in December of 2014 and I stayed in a newly built appartment complex in Freemantel. I actually live in Melbourne Australia and I find it's much bigger here than Perth. Plus we also have some family friends that used to live here in Melbourne but they moved to Perth in 2011. Also The famous YouTubers HowToBasic and MaxMoFoe both live in Perth but Max moved to some town in Queensland around a year ago. :) 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Krashface said:

I think to be the only italian, here °_° .

Well, actually North Italy.

hi neighbor I'm from slovenia lol

• Brohoof 1

Just now, zerox said:

hi neighbor I'm from slovenia lol

Hi there, my friend!

Now I think, 2 monts ago I was in Slovenia, visiting Lubiana, during a school trip. Its a wanderful city, I must admit it. 

Just now, Krashface said:

Hi there, my friend!

Now I think, 2 monts ago I was in Slovenia, visiting Lubiana, during a school trip. Its a wanderful city, I must admit it. 

did you take pics at the dragon bridge? all tourists take pictures there. btw it's Ljubljana or Emona in latin or Laibach in german. btw I'm not from the capital, I'm from Maribor. lots of skiers come here in the winter to ski. Ljubljana was founded by the romans.

Oh! this are intresting informations (now I know why Laibach called themselfs like taht). I and my group just visited some museums. And yes, I've take some photos of the dragons.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ScrewLoose said:

I'm from good 'ol London, in England. Nice to meet you!

I was to London in 2008. nice place but it rained a lot

• Brohoof 1

The greatest country, ahead of the curve for the longest time. How quickly Europe has forgotten who singlehandedly rebuilt them after their in-fighting in World War 2, and who pioneered freedom and democracy centuries ago while they were still under absolutist emperors well into the 20th century...

It's not arrogance if it's backed by history and fact.

(edited)
10 hours ago, Daring_Do said:

The greatest country, ahead of the curve for the longest time. How quickly Europe has forgotten who singlehandedly rebuilt them after their in-fighting in World War 2, and who pioneered freedom and democracy centuries ago while they were still under absolutist emperors well into the 20th century...

It's not arrogance if it's backed by history and fact.

pretty sure that france is the cradle of freedom.

Edited by zerox

12 hours ago, zerox said:

pretty sure that france is the cradle of freedom.

You'd be mistaken. The American Revolution was before the French one, and the French actually took some inspiration from us. The US was the culmination of Enlightenment ideals of the period - a republic built on intellectual idealism, something that by all rights *shouldn't* have survived and prospered. But it did. It was an entirely new nation as well, cobbled together from a collection of British colonies that had little in common apart from a shared heritage.

The French, meanwhile, couldn't maintain a lasting republic until *1946*. In the time between the initial French Revolution (which was marred by an iron-fisted "republican" government that was arguably in many ways a forerunner for modern authoritarianism - you know the guillotine was invented during this period as a means of "democratizing" execution?) and the Fourth(!) French Republic of 1946, France seesawed between republics and monarchies several times over. Each republican experiment was flawed, frail and inevitably failed, and monarchs and aristocracies kept returning over and over and over. It was a cradle of instability more than freedom. (And again, the nature of the First Republic can hardly be considered to be "free". Dissent was met with brutal repression and execution, to the point the republicans were, by the end, *executing the moderates within their own ranks*.)

10 hours ago, Daring_Do said:

You'd be mistaken. The American Revolution was before the French one, and the French actually took some inspiration from us. The US was the culmination of Enlightenment ideals of the period - a republic built on intellectual idealism, something that by all rights *shouldn't* have survived and prospered. But it did. It was an entirely new nation as well, cobbled together from a collection of British colonies that had little in common apart from a shared heritage.

The French, meanwhile, couldn't maintain a lasting republic until *1946*. In the time between the initial French Revolution (which was marred by an iron-fisted "republican" government that was arguably in many ways a forerunner for modern authoritarianism - you know the guillotine was invented during this period as a means of "democratizing" execution?) and the Fourth(!) French Republic of 1946, France seesawed between republics and monarchies several times over. Each republican experiment was flawed, frail and inevitably failed, and monarchs and aristocracies kept returning over and over and over. It was a cradle of instability more than freedom. (And again, the nature of the First Republic can hardly be considered to be "free". Dissent was met with brutal repression and execution, to the point the republicans were, by the end, *executing the moderates within their own ranks*.)

While I do not deny your authenticity and the truth of the history as you speak, I would like to add that were it not for France, it is likely the United States as it is today would not exist, especially considering that they were responsible for backing up our own forces during the American Revolution, to the point that when we marched through France on Independence Day in 1917, the phrase, “Lafayette, nous ici!” (Lafayette, we are here!) was said by one of our own that day during a speech in Paris. Despite any differences we've had, France has been one of our country's staunchest allies for virtually our entire existence... predating even our Constitution and more impressively, predating the Articles of Confederation. It should go without saying that odds are we owe our independence as much to them as to our own founders.

Yeah, they made some mistakes with their own country... Napoleon Bonaparte is more than enough example of that, but their hearts have always been in the right place. I'd also be remiss not to mention that many of our values were borrowed from France, from people like Voltaire and Rousseau.

Yes, I'm also American, from Georgia.

• Brohoof 2

21 hours ago, Crescent Forest said:

I Am from Northern California.

Northern California can be nice. I rarely get to visit but i'm in Southern Cali. Only an hour from LA and the beaches. You'd be surprised how little you use the beaches once you live near them :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

On 5/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, SONICchaos said:

Northern California can be nice. I rarely get to visit but i'm in Southern Cali. Only an hour from LA and the beaches. You'd be surprised how little you use the beaches once you live near them :adorkable:

So true! I've been in Anaheim for years and I rarely get to the beach! Now I've got to amend this little oversight and start working on my tan lines! :D

7 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

So true! I've been in Anaheim for years and I rarely get to the beach! Now I've got to amend this little oversight and start working on my tan lines! :D

Meanwhile people are living at severals HUNDRED of kilometers from the nearest beaches, and those beach are really cold even in summer ! :(

• Brohoof 1