Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stranded (Private with Lil' Lovebug)

Twofer

Satin followed Crimson through the jungle, one hand tightly holding the grip of her gun, the other brushing away anything in front of her. Her eyes were set on the mare ahead of her, making sure she kept up. She felt unease spread through her as they continued, worried about the lack of communication with anyone else.

@Lil' Lovebug

For the moment, they had peace. The only sounds were the ambient noises of wildlife, with the brilliant and colorful flora almost enough to distract from the bloodshed. The jungles of Archeron would have been beautiful, were it not tainted by violence.

"So, if we're gonna be stuck together for a while, we might as well get to know each other. Tell me a little about yourself, Satin." Crimson spoke without looking back, splitting her focus with cutting through the brush.

Satin followed along, twitching at the sounds coming from the jungle. It took her a moment to realize Crimson had said something. "Huh? Oh! I'm a musician from the inner planets. Alessia IV to be exact. I was on tour, traveling between systems, when we got hit." Satin pause for a moment and she covered her mouth. "Oh dear... what about my family? They must be so worried... I hope they don't know yet." Satin shook her head and continued on. "Sorry, I should keep focus on getting out of here and seeing them again. What of yourself, miss Crimson?"

@Lil' Lovebug

"Funny, I'm from the Inner Systems too. I was born and raised on Hadley, oldest of three runts. Mom and dad had a lot of expectations for me, and I didn't let them down. I played varsity, and probably could've made pro. But, I didn't." Crimson continued hacking out a path for them as she spoke, with most of the smaller wildlife scattering as she marched forwards.  

"Interesting. Did you get into this business instead of going pro, or was it a choice you made because you didn't?" Satin didn't want to pry too much, but she figured she'd continue the conversation. She started to feel calmer as they kept going. She thought back to the pirated who Crimson had spotted and felt a slight bit of regret at what happened to them, but even more at not paying attention to what they looked like. "Curses."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Lil' Lovebug

"Well, I picked it more because of the latter. If I had gone pro, I probably would have just been kept around for a few years before getting booted for some bullshit injury or because there was another hotshot who was younger and fresher than me. I actually didn't join up with Manticore Company right off." Crimson paused for a moment to slap a bug that had landed on her neck. "After high school, I enlisted in the Colonial Marines." 

Edited by Twofer

"Hmm. So you chose to not wait around to see if you got an opportunity to do somet2and went for something you do do instantly." Satin hummed quitetly as they continued on. Her eyes didn't catch anything in the dense foliage, but she heard the sounds of the small creatures moving around and calling to each other. A loud thump caughtbher attention and she snapped her head towards it. Expecting the worst, she raised the gun up, but spotted something falling to the ground, creating a thump similar tobthe first. She picked up the object, which appeared to be a large piece of fruit of some sort, and shrugged, deciding to keep it with hwr as the continued walking. She quickly caught back up to Crimson.

@Lil' Lovebug

Crimson had waited for Satin to catch up, and started walking again once she had caught up with her. "C'mon, we don't have any time to fuck around. Anyways, the biggest reason that I ended up enlisting was because it was a challenge. I wanted to push myself."

(edited)

"S-sorry,  i heard a noise and went to investigate." Satin hung her head low. She had thought she was doing the right thing, but now felt like she was being a burden. She kept silent for a while, feeling to ashamed to talk or respond to what Crimson said, keeping her focus purely on the mare in front of her and anything she could hear from the surrounding area.

Edited by Lil' Lovebug

@Lil' Lovebug

Suddenly, Crimson stopped dead in her tracks and put her arm out to stop Satin as well. "Don't move a single muscle." She gestured down toward the ground at seemingly nothing, but a reflection of the sunlight revealed a tripwire. "You see that? That means there's a good someone who isn't too friendly is hanging around." Crimson proceeded to kneel down and cut the wire, effectively disarming the trap.

(edited)

Satin stood perfectly still, scared stiff by Crimson's sudden warning. She watched as Crimson cut the wire  and disarmed the trap. "Well then," she said after breathing a sigh of relief. "That could have been dangerous." Suddenly, she tensed up, hand gripping her gun tight. She slowly turned towards Crimson "Wait. More pirates are nearby? H-how far away are we to this exfilation site?"

Edited by Lil' Lovebug
  • Brohoof 1

@Lil' Lovebug

"We're not even close. Not to mention, extraction isn't scheduled for about two days. Listen, keep your head on a swivel, and if you see anyone you don't recognize, you shoot them, understand?" While Crimson was sure she could have made it out on her own, Satin made it a lot more difficult. She couldn't ditch the girl though, it was her job to her her out.