Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you date Rarity?

Azureth

If you had the chance would you date the most sophisticated and glamorous Pony of all? I would! I would treat her like a lady and do everything I could to make her feel as such!

• Brohoof 4

I don't think so. The thing is, she is a wonderful pony and she would definitely kick my fashion sense up several notches, but she isn't my type. She can still improve my fashion as a friend too. :proud:

Well, if I were a pony...

Naw.

I adore her and all... but she is far too demanding and judgemental over a lot of things. Plus I don't like having anyone try to change me to be what they think I should be.

If she were a human and around my age, I wouldn't mind dating her.  She is my second favorite of the mane six and one of my favorite ponies after all.

Never. I couldn't date a fashionista at all. I like her even if she's my least fav of the mane 6 but... She's one of the ponies I'd never date.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't even consider it. Nothing in common, and she'd be way, WAY too high maintenance.

Almost any other, but not Rarity.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I highly doubt it'd work out and I'm pretty sure she's way out of my league and she'd probably be too much for me to handle...But if she was interested I don't think I could say no to at least giving it a shot. How could you say no to a face like this?:rarity:

I'm going to approach this with her personality and not the whole fictional other species angle. 

No. Truth be told, none of the Mane Six are balanced enough to be a good fit for me. They all have aspects I find so important in a significant other that losing one for another is going to lead to frustration on my end. 

Twilight and AJ are probably the most compatible individually, but lack some key personality traits I find endearing. 

Honestly probably not. She seems to be too high maintenence and cares a great deal about social status and image. I just can't see her personality being a good fit for me to be honest. The only mane 6 pony I can honestly say I would be able to connect with would be Twilight since her and I are sticklers for organizing and procedure and she doesn't care for being the center of attention. She is more down to Earth and practical and that is something I admire.

If I were a pony, then probably not. Too much drama, too much desire to be the center of attention, and too much of a high-class taste in fashion. I'm sure Rarity would be wayyyy out of my league anyway.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

If I were a pony, then probably not. Too much drama, too much desire to be the center of attention, and too much of a high-class taste in fashion. I'm sure Rarity would be wayyyy out of my league anyway.

I agree. She may be a generous pony which is an admirable trait but everything else about her I can't stand. I can just see her trying to be number 1 in a relationship and not respecting the individual she is with. It feels like it would become a one sided relationship that is all about her which would decay very fast.

• Brohoof 1

I would date her wearing socks.

I would date her in a box.

I would date her in the Astrodome.

I would date her 'til the cows come home.

I would take her out for green eggs 'n' ham.

I would absolutely date her, Sam I Am.

So, in all seriousness, if the ponies were literally real, as in they existed in real life, exactly as they are on the show, but in three dimensions, then I would absolutely date Rarity.  I think the only one of the mane 6 I wouldn't date is Pinkie, because I know I wouldn't be able to handle her hyper-ness. 

Often times when these topics pop up, they seem to get bogged down or go off the rails, at least to a certain extent, due to this "other species angle", this debate about dating a non-human.  You know what I mean.  Many people wade into this topic tepidly, or approach it a bit sideways.  Other are more brazen.  I don't think I'll ever be able to understand why this is an issue to some.  It doesn't bother me at all when people say they simply aren't interested, and wouldn't be interested, in dating outside their own species.  That's fine.  I mean, why would I have a problem with that?  People want they want.  Completely fine.  It doesn't offend me if someone doesn't want to date outside their species.  But what is baffling to me is how some people seem downright offended that others might want to date outside their species.  If we're talking about a sentient race, beings as intelligent as us, that can communicate with us as effectively as we do with each other, beings that experience and communicate the same emotions as we do, beings that are, for all intents and purposes, mentally indistinguishable from us, then what is the problem?  That's what the ponies are.  They're not "animals".  The "animals" on the show are the deer, bears, rabbits, dogs, etc.  The ponies are people.  They just walk on all fours.  Hypothetically, if they actually existed, I cannot see any valid argument against humans and FIM ponies being able to date.  Would anyone here argue that it would somehow be wrong or unacceptable for a human to date a Vulcan?  A Klingon?  An elf, as in from LOTR?  If those are acceptable, then there's no reason that a relationship with the ponies should be unacceptable.  The difference is merely aesthetic in this case.  The ponies are shaped differently.  They are quadrupeds.  That's it.  So what?  It seems to me that the bodily shape or structure is in no way the defining characteristic to determine if romantic relations are acceptable or not.  The defining characteristics are sentience, intelligence, and ability to communicate, and thus consent.  If we lived in a world with multiple sentient species, then that's the only criteria that would matter.  All else is irrelevant.

• Brohoof 1