Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We may get the Season Finale during July

SaburoDaimando

The last 7 days has revealed alot about this Season of My Little Pony.  Not just the episodes we're getting(Episode 9-22), but when these episodes will air on Treetop TV.

In fact, I'll say this: The Season Finale is most likely to air before San Diego Comic-Con, where the MLP Panel will talk about the upcoming Movie.

But it's feeling like the season is going to go by fast.  I mean, we haven't had this short of a season since Season 3 in 2012-13(Ironically, Season 7 is twice as long).  What do you all think with Season 7 flying by faster than Rainbow Dash after chugging an energy drink?

This is one of the reasons I do not like the whole 'two episodes per week' things. This season will end far too quickly because of this. I get it that they really are wanting to put most attention on the movie, but then it sorta makes season 7 feel like an afterthought. I am very curious about how the finale is gonna go, but I feel July is simply too soon for it.

15 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

This is one of the reasons I do not like the whole 'two episodes per week' things. This season will end far too quickly because of this. I get it that they really are wanting to put most attention on the movie, but then it sorta makes season 7 feel like an afterthought. I am very curious about how the finale is gonna go, but I feel July is simply too soon for it.

Let's not forget that the two episodes a week thing is only in Canada and was not a conscious decision by Hasbro. Treehouse, the channel that airs FIM in Canada, and their scheduling is solely to blame.

Although I am not a fan of this route, it is sort of to be expected. The movie hits in October, so I figure they will want to have S7 wrapped up by them, that way the rest of the year can be dedicated to the movie premier and its rush to DVD for the holidays. Not to mention the massive toy push I am sure will be there as well. Also with technology and streaming services having become so much larger the last couple of years, and peoples and fans patience becoming smaller, there is just more pressure to get not only episodes out faster, but entire seasons out sooner otherwise they risk losing people to disinterest and boredom to other shows. Of course that just leaves them with a gap between seasons that is just as bad... but honestly I suspect with the way net shows are rewriting that way of thinking, we will see changes coming to the way the TV format handles its idea of "the season" over the coming years.

Since Treehouse TV bought the rights to air season seven here in Canada, they are allowed to air them however they want even if the staff isn't too keen on it. Granted, it does seem like an unusual premise to want to blaze through the season just because the movie is coming out later. Hopefully, this doesn't cause a bigger problem later on because if a problem were to occur, it would be pretty difficult to fix it.

I question if they won't end up changing their schedule. There are still episodes that haven't been finished yet, and I feel like Treehouse would probably catch up before DHX is done.

1 hour ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I'm not even sure that would be possible.

Then Treehouse pretty much has to have a hiatus at some point, showing repeats when DFC is still showing "new" episodes.

(edited)

I honestly don't mind the season ending quickly. I like to be given as much content as quickly as possible.

Not only am I impatient as hell, but being able to ingest everything in such a short sitting will leave less room for disappointment.

Edited by BadHorse

To be honest, at this point I kind of don't have much interest in this season. Its been pretty much a major dud so far, without much to interest me. The movie's the only pony related thing that I'm caring about at this point.

It doesn't matter to me how soon the finale comes. The target demographic outside of Canada is still largely oblivious to Treetop's scheduling. As long as they tune in to see the episodes as they were intended to be aired, the ratings won't be impacted very much. If you want the suspense to build up a week at a time, I say just watch it on Discovery.