Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Specials DVD + Synopses

PinkiePie97

These all sound great, and it's especially nice to see mane 7 characters that aren't Twilight or Sunset getting some spotlight. But the one with a team up between Starlight and Sunset sounds like the mane attraction and easily the most interesting

• Brohoof 1

I am definitely interested in what these specials are going to be about.  Especially the last one with how it is focusing on Equestrian magic, and seems like the most important as a result of that.  Seeing the Shadowbolts again is going to be cool, as I hope they can get more characterization out of their special, and seeing what they can do with Daring Do could be interesting.  Also I wonder if this means the specials will be released on Netflix on August 8th or before that.

• Brohoof 1

The third special is definitely going to be the one that makes the biggest impact hands down. It also means we get to see Sunset as her true self for the first time since the first movie.

• Brohoof 1

Oh for buck's sake; why can't Sunset grow a pair of ovaries and reconcile with Celestia instead of having Starlight hog the spotlight?

That'd be infinitely more interesting than "Yet another person from the Mirror World is corrupted by magic out of their control"

41 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

why can't Sunset grow a pair of ovaries and reconcile with Celestia instead of having Starlight hog the spotlight?

I think at this point it's not really on Sunset's to-do list, at least as far as the writers are concerned. Like I don't think that would be a driving point of a story, more like if for some odd reason Celestia just happened to be around they might share a line or two to acknowledge that they're good now, and then just carry on like normal.

28641795.jpg

I don't care much for these specials, but i certainly am interested for the incoming SunsetxStarlight shipping. XD

(edited)
1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

The third special is definitely going to be the one that makes the biggest impact hands down. It also means we get to see Sunset as her true self for the first time since the first movie.

That's the one I'm the most interested in, too. 

I'm also hoping we'll see a reconciliation between Sunset Shimmer & Princess Celestia at some point during the special.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Well, calling it now: the "Starlight goes to the EQG universe" is a way to excuse her from not appearing in the movie. (Oh, I was in another dimension!)

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's the one I'm the most interested in, too. 

I'm also hoping we'll see a reconciliation between Sunset Shimmer & Princess Celestia at some point during the special.

Seriously doubting it since the time's going to be taken up by the glimmer/juniper plot.

• Brohoof 1

Well... the Daring Do one seems neat. Can't say the other two grab me even slightly. Oh boy, mundane human world stuff and YET ANOTHER sinister villain to defeat. And I'm not really feeling all the Starlight lately, honestly; I guess I'll see how that pans out in the show and this special. The Daring Do thing is pretty cool tho. Seems the closest to what I wanna see from these. 

Those highlights of the third special...

1. Sunset Shimmer goes back to Equestria.

2. Sunset Shimmer meets Starlight Glimmer.

3. Sunset Shimmer takes Starlight Glimmer to the human world. (And I'm calling it now, there's going to be a frame-by-frame reenactment of this scene.)

And something else I thought about, how did human Rainbow Dash come to like the Daring Do books in the first place? Did she get into a car accident while trying to learn how to drive or something like that?

9 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Seriously doubting it since the time's going to be taken up by the glimmer/juniper plot.

What about at the end of the episode?

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What about at the end of the episode?

Wouldn't be enough time to do it justice; at the most we'd get them saying hi and the credits closing out so the viewer can imagine how things turn out, or a quick offhand remark about it.

The specials aren't going to be full movie length after all (probably just 22-44 minutes each), and Celestia/Sunset would need at least 5 minutes or more to be done justice.

22 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

And I'm not really feeling all the Starlight lately, honestly

You're not the only one.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well since the first special seems to be Rarity's, I hope they actually give Sunny Flare even the slightest bit of characterization this time since she is SUPPOSED to be her shadowbolt counter part but she only had one line in Friendship Games. 

The second one, whatever, Dash and Daring Do. Seen plenty of that.

The third is really interesting, though it seems like it might be a bit overstuffed, their gonna have to have Sunset and Starlight meet, establish their dynamic AND have them fight the big bad all in 22 minutes. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

Wait, Juniper is a villainess? Isn't she that blue-haired ticket salesgirl? Let me guess: tragic past? Oh wait, let me guess some more: Mane 6 are gonna get thrown onto the exile pile again! They should really start packing more artifact and enchantment hate.

54 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

You're not the only one.

I mean, Sunset and Starlight meeting is kinda interesting, but I'm not as invested in her this season as I was in season 6. I'm not entirely sure why it is, and if Sunset's as bland as she was in that last movie, it could be kinda dull. 

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Wait, Juniper is a villainess? Isn't she that blue-haired ticket salesgirl? Let me guess: tragic past? Oh wait, let me guess some more: Mane 6 are gonna get thrown onto the exile pile again! They should really start packing more artifact and enchantment hate.

Probably meant to be the "Nice person that's secretly a villain" type character like gloriosa was. Most likely obsessed with Daring do memorabilia, and swipes the stuff and tries to pin it on dash, thinking she's an easy patsy (and dash probably IS because she's a meathead)

And yeah, most probably everyone but sunset and starlight will get put into limbo so it can be STARLIGHT SAVES THE DAY like the IDW discord arc was.

5 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Oh for buck's sake; why can't Sunset grow a pair of ovaries and reconcile with Celestia instead of having Starlight hog the spotlight?

That'd be infinitely more interesting than "Yet another person from the Mirror World is corrupted by magic out of their control"

Starlight shoehorning is magic

ugh, I hate it. Absolutely hate it

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Nothing specific, just the threads about EQG on the /mlp forum inevitably devolve into Uproars about starlight after a few posts.

They do that over everything over there, /mlp/ is infested with shitposters to the point where it's impossible to tell if any opinion seemingly positive or negative is a real one at this point, everyone is just trying to get a rise out of someone at this point.

It's strange if you look at their post episode polls the average /mlp/ user is apparently WAAAYYYYY more positive than it would seem from reading /mlp/

Can i Just add I really don't get why the fandom was so easily able to fall in love with Sunset after ONE good movie.... while the next 2 were meh with Sunset herself getting blander by the movie.. but seemingly no amount of good appearances can make Starlight less controversal, it makes no goddamn sense.Like Jesus how does Sunset maintain her popularity almost entirely off Rainbow Rocks seemingly forever? 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz