Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E06 - Forever Filly

Dark Qiviut

Forever Filly  

103 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• The Worst. Possible. THING! ("I HATE IT!!!" >__<)
    • *flops on couch in despair, eats ice cream* ("I dislike it." -__-)
    • …Meh…
    • Simply Divine! ("I like it!")
    • Fabulous! ("I love it!" <3)

(edited)

Note: Although the U.S. won't air it till next week, Canada's Treehouse TV will air it tomorrow morning. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Forever Filly

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 6, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): May 13, 2017

Writer: Michael P. Fox & Wil Fox

Summary: "When Rarity surprises Sweetie Belle with a special day together filled with all of her favorite activities, she quickly learns that her little sister is no longer the little foal she used to be."

Of course remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

This episode is airing on a stream right now: OtakuBrawler.

DailyMotion vid.

YT:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 7

I'm admittedly not that enthusiastic about this premise, but there's some promise with this one. As long as it plays it's cards like the Flurry Heart ep did; it should be just fine.

As long as this doesn't trash Rarity's character like Applejack in Somepony To Watch Over Me, I'll be happy. No more of that overprotective nonsense. Been there, done that. 

• Brohoof 2

As someone who's favorite CMC is Sweetie Belle and has always enjoyed the dynamic between her and Rarity, any episode focusing on the two is a welcome sight.

Especially seeing how Sweetie Belle hasn't had an episode sense season 4, and has only had 2 episodes focusing specifically on her, while Apple Bloom gets the lion's share of CMC screentime.

So this is clearly an episode that I am looking forward to.

36 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

As long as this doesn't trash Rarity's character like Applejack in Somepony To Watch Over Me, I'll be happy. No more of that overprotective nonsense. Been there, done that. 

I think it can work, as long as it dosen't seem too forced or cringy. If it turns out good, i even expect a really adorable episode. :)

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I think it can work, as long as it dosen't seem too forced or cringy. If it turns out good, i even expect a really adorable episode. :)

Agreed. ^^

Apple Bloom is usually the CMC who gets episodes of her own, so this is a nice change of pace. Sweetie Belle and Rarity are a great combination that hasn't been seen near enough. Put them together for a nice story about realizing how much time has flown by and how much the younger sister has grown, and that's a great recipe for a heartwarming episode.

3 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

Agreed. ^^

Apple Bloom is usually the CMC who gets episodes of her own, so this is a nice change of pace. Sweetie Belle and Rarity are a great combination that hasn't been seen near enough. Put them together for a nice story about realizing how much time has flown by and how much the younger sister has grown, and that's a great recipe for a heartwarming episode.

Certainly. I am not as big of a Rarity fan as most people on the forum, but Sweetie Belle is my favorite CMC and that alone makes this episode a must watch for me. :3

• Brohoof 1

What I'd love to see here is a moral about growing up.

Spoiler

You growing up doesn't mean you can't enjoy lifelong or "kid-like" activities or hobbies.

• Brohoof 2

I want Rarity and Sweetie episode for so long, i am exciting to see this episode xD. Please be good, please be good, please be good, please be good.

Bonus: I hate the last ep so much (ep 5), hope this ep can improve my mood.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, A.V. said:

When do you think you'll have a link ready?

When someone uploads it onto YT.

Zipporwhill shows up, and she, too, has a mark: three paw prints!

Sweetie Belle not feeling it watching the puppet show w/ Rarity.

19 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Sweetie Belle is all grown up now much to Rarity's surprise.

BOOYAH! BOOYAH! I was right about the Age lift in the first place! They did with Digimon season 2 and King of the Hill with Breckin Meyer voicing Joseph!

• Brohoof 2

I got this strange feeling, that the writers tried desperately to fit 2 episode ideas into one and in my opinion, it really didn't work well and also feels very off at times.

Shouldn't Rarity kinda know what Sweetie Belle likes and shouldn't the mexican pegasus (sorry forgot the name) know that her puppy got old? This all feels kinda stupid in my opinion. I found the balloon maker nice though and Raritys flower outfit reminded me of Peter Gabriel. :P

All in all though, this episode did nothing for me and was in my opinion this seasons worst so far.

• Brohoof 3

I have a lot to say about this episode thus far. 

I need to ruminate further before I really consider how I feel about this moral. They distilled a complex concept, which they can do well at times, but this time they must have distilled it too much. 

• Brohoof 2

Really cute episode from what I saw. I really enjoyed it. The streak continues.

Spoiler

Although the CMCs appear to be still fillies, it is made apparent they are getting older, and as such maturing. I actually felt really sad for Rarity as well, since I know them feels wanting something to stay the same even though it is changing right before your very eyes.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

Shouldn't Rarity kinda know what Sweetie Belle

I don't always know what my own kids like as they have a lot of likes that are fluid. So that I can give a pass to. 

Lesson of the day: big dogs ain't for little kids. Dogs are smart, but they are also beasts with a one-track mind. If a dog doesn't recognize your authority and doesn't' obey your orders you're screwed.

I have a feeling there was something else. I can't remember.