Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E06 - Forever Filly

Dark Qiviut

Forever Filly  

103 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• The Worst. Possible. THING! ("I HATE IT!!!" >__<)
    • *flops on couch in despair, eats ice cream* ("I dislike it." -__-)
    • …Meh…
    • Simply Divine! ("I like it!")
    • Fabulous! ("I love it!" <3)

This was such a sweet episode. It felt like seeing a old slice-of-life type of episode from the past. I was also impressed by the insights of the comments in this thread. That Sweetie Belle actually grew from season 1 and the idea that this episode's moral could've been targeted at the parents was interesting.:mlp_grin:

Edited by qwerE

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those Episodes of fim that could be easily solved if the ponys would just talk to each other. I find a bit unbelievable that Rarity didnt noticed that Sweetie Belle got a bit older, but at least it had a good emotional ending, even though it was a bit cliche.

This Episode is just okay i guess.

1 hour ago, Nanotek said:

This is one of those Episodes of fim that could be easily solved if the ponys would just talk to each other. I find a bit unbelievable that Rarity didnt noticed that Sweetie Belle got a bit older, but at least it had a good emotional ending, even though it was a bit cliche.

This Episode is just okay i guess.

They have a weird relationship on the one hand Sweetie Belle is apparently living with their parents and only visiting Rarity occasionally yet on the other when she gets her cutie mark she say's she doesn't think Rarity would let her travel looking for cutie mark problems and its Rarity who praises her for it not their parents. I know we have episodes with her at her parents house but I swear I can't shake the feeling they just went buck it, handed their youngest daughter off to her older sister to look after and spend most of their time travelling on hoilday.

That said it is easy to miss someone is growing up with changing tastes especially at that age if your occupied with work and your own interests.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Another really boring episode. It takes a cliche story and plays it completely straight. Of course Rarity is going to learn that she needs to stop treating Sweetie Belle like a child. It's obvious by the end of the first act yet it goes on and on. I kinda like the parallel between the main plot and sub plot, but that doesn't make either plot less boring. The story being cliche and predictable wouldn't be such a big problem if the episode was funny or interesting in some other way, but nope. Just mediocrity.

Score: 5/10

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Laughed at those pictures of a ticked off Sweetie Belle next to Rarity.  As for the subplot, what was with Scootaloo picking up that ball with her teeth?  Brian Griffin did it better with three tennis balls in his mouth in that Family Guy episode "Peter's Lost Youth" which aired that same year.  She and Apple Bloom could have called up another dog to help them out.  

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2017-05-06 at 2:12 PM, __________ said:

This was......a fairly hard-hitting episode for me honestly. The entire subject matter is something that hits very close to home for me, as I remember all the good times I once had with my family and friends and how we have grown so distant, but unlike Rarity and Belle, I have no connection with most of them now. I don't feel like I can connect with most of my family now and even friends, well, I barely have any left. I remember those better times and how they probably won't happen again.

The episode itself was pretty good I thought, the CMC's really are a a success and seeing Rarity's love for Sweetie Belle is wonderful. In the end though, the concept of the episode depressed me and that is my own problem. I just wish I didn't have that problem. Now I am not too sure what to think.

gosh you made the episode actually hits even harder for me...i have the same problem between old friends and my family now, i miss my old childhood friends, i miss when i would spend more time with my mother or father, it's something we all suffer at life, and i've been feeling this pain for so much time.

that is why i'm afraid when i make new friends aswell, i actually lost a friend days ago, and it was my fault....

• 3 weeks later...

I rewatched this episode a couple of weeks ago. Me and some friend had a lot of good time and we enjoyed this episode. Maybe not the best FiM episode ever produced, but really enjoyable with a good morale and sweet moments.

For me personally noteworthy is the reappearance of  Zipporwhill with her dog. Since Filli Vanilli was my ever first watched FiM episode, she's also one the MLP characters Ive met first.