Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

Parental Glideance  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• *slams door* "NOT cool!" (I HATE IT!!!!! >____<)
    • *bored to death at Twilight's school desk* "Sure. Fun." (I dislike it.)
    • "It needs to be about 20% cooler." (…meh…)
    • "Uh, I mean, it was a'ight." (I like it!)
    • "That. Was. AWESOME!" *insert Dash's cute awesome face*

(edited)

Note: Although the U.S. won't air it till May 20, Canada's Treehouse TV will air it this Sunday morning. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Parental Glideance

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 7, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): May 20, 2017

Writer: Joshua Hamilton

Summary: "When Rainbow Dash's parents discover she's a Wonderbolt, they show up at every event to cheer her on. However, their unabashed enthusiasm proves to be rather embarrassing and pushes Rainbow Dash to the brink."

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

Dailymotion vid! (Warning: A new one w/ good quality now!)

YT:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Calling it, Parental Glideance will be a cringefest.

I'd rather not call it a cringefest until we actually see it and do cringe! ;) Which I'm sure we're not! Season 7 has been excellent so far! I have faith in the Lady Writers!

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Can we get through one discussion about this episode without the word "CRINGE" being thrown around like an STD? That's quickly becoming my most hated word

I'm actually excited for this episode, of course it can easily go wrong(especially after S6), but there's a lot of potential for comedy, and will no doubt have a heartwarming reconciliation moment between RD and her parents. Only thing I'm really worried about is the portrayal of the Wonderbolts, I'm worried the writer is gonna make them unlikeable jerks(again)

That said, if there isn't a joke about RD's parents mistaking Soarin for her boyfriend then it already failed :P

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 9

11 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Can we get through one discussion about this episode without the word "CRINGE" being thrown around like an STD? That's quickly becoming my most hated word

Every time an internet buzz word is used, a thesaurus dies. 

I'm a parent. I'll be looking at this through a different lense than most. I am very interested in seeing the Dash parents and wonder why Dash didn't tell them she was a Wonderbolt

• Brohoof 6

Honestly; I'm quite intrigued by the premise. If this handles issues like rowdy parents at a little league game this episode could very well have an important lesson for adults in general.

• Brohoof 8

20 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Every time an internet buzz word is used, a thesaurus dies. 

I'm a parent. I'll be looking at this through a different lense than most. I am very interested in seeing the Dash parents and wonder why Dash didn't tell them she was a Wonderbolt

I argee that the word "cringe" is used too much. Here, from thesaurus.com, are some other words that can be used

Main Entry: cringe
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: flinch, recoil from danger
Synonyms: blench, cower, crawl, crouch, dodge, draw back, duck, eat dirt, grovel, kneel, quail, quiver, shrink, shy, start, stoop, tremble, wince

I may not be a parent, but I would want to hear your thoughts on this episode, Jeric. See you then!
  • Brohoof 2

One thing the episode should address is…

Spoiler

when her parents found out she's a Wonderbolt. Were they there during Dash's first performance? Did they find out not long after? If she didn't tell them until maybe a few days ago, then what about their relationship leading up to this episode? There's gonna be some questions leading up to it.

• Brohoof 2

I get that Newbie Dash wasn't really that great of an episode, however I don't think it is fair to judge this episode that hasn't even been released yet because of that.

Plus we haven't really seen Rainbow's parents yet, so it could give us an interesting bit of characterization for her, and how she interacts with her family, and maybe even digging into her past a bit.

Plus like Pathfinder mentioned, this episode could have a moral based about how some parents get way too invested in their children's sports games, which is something that a lot of adults could actually learn from.

• Brohoof 5

For everybody saying that this will be cringy: Nice Crystal Ball you have there. :P

Some Parents sometimes do stuff that we find embarassing, even if it dosen't seem like it for other people. I think this could be a good opportunity, to know how RDs childhood with her parents was. :)

• Brohoof 7

49 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

One thing the episode should address is…

Reveal hidden contents

when her parents found out she's a Wonderbolt. Were they there during Dash's first performance? Did they find out not long after? If she didn't tell them until maybe a few days ago, then what about their relationship leading up to this episode? There's gonna be some questions leading up to it.

Spoiler

Figured they are just finding out as the synopsis implies, and RD didn't tell them because, well, they're embarrassing :p. And potentially for other reasons(relationship is strained, for example)

As for how they find out, for some reason I feel like Zephyr Breeze is gonna be the on to spill the beans :P

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Hide contents

Figured they are just finding out as the synopsis implies, and RD didn't tell them because, well, they're embarrassing :p. And potentially for other reasons(relationship is strained, for example)

As for how they find out, for some reason I feel like Zephyr Breeze is gonna be the on to spill the beans :P

Spoiler

If it's because their relationship's strained, I hope the episode spends the time addressing how and why. And most importantly, do so that portrays Rainbow Dash sympathetically and shoots her up, not down like ND or 28PL.

• Brohoof 2

I really like the concept behind this episode. We don't know much about RD's childhood other than her first Sonic Rainboom (which of course gave her a cutie mark) and her friendship with Fluttershy back in the day, which was unusual given RD's competitive spirit and generally big ego. Never saw the parents, though, which IIRC led to some speculation that they had passed away. Remember how she handled Tank's need to hibernate? I do remember someone remarking that maybe she had deeply hidden abandonment issues that hadn't been revealed explicitly yet.

Of course now we know they're still alive which kills that theory, but still. Maybe we'll get a glimpse into the past.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kind of dreading this episode to be honest >.<

Though I'd love it if it ended with AJ giving a lesson about how she doesn't even HAVE parents anymore and to appreciate them.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Make it better than that piece of trash 'Newbie Dash' and I will be fine with that. Any good characterization for RD is fine with me, just depends if that actually happens here. Of course I am excited to see her parents finally, but that is a given.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

I thought they were airing Forever Filly this sunday.

We're getting two episodes every weekend, Forever Filly is Saturday, Parental Glidance is Sunday

46 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Make it better than that piece of trash 'Newbie Dash' and I will be fine with that. 

Hopefully that shouldn't be difficult to do

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Calling it, Parental Glideance will be a cringefest.

People who overuse use the word "cringe" will never survive in the real world.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, A.V. said:

What time tomorrow?

11:30 AM (Eastern), same as Saturday?

Should be around 11:15 AM, but it'd be safer between 11 and 11:30: From what I've seen and read, Treehouse TV tends to air them either a little early or late.

Edited by Dark Qiviut