Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

Parental Glideance  

162 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• *slams door* "NOT cool!" (I HATE IT!!!!! >____<)
    • *bored to death at Twilight's school desk* "Sure. Fun." (I dislike it.)
    • "It needs to be about 20% cooler." (…meh…)
    • "Uh, I mean, it was a'ight." (I like it!)
    • "That. Was. AWESOME!" *insert Dash's cute awesome face*

Holy shit a stealth duet episode with Scootaloo, this episode is fucking hilarious so far

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

So, Scoots is really an orphan, right? What happened to her parents?

They didn't say her parents are dead. They might just be neglectful.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright, if there was one nitpick, I guess RD's parents can be a bit too much, but otherwise that was fucking amazing, especially considering it had a new writer

22 minutes ago, MAIKUN said:

So, Scoots is really an orphan, right? What happened to her parents?

Nah, I think her parents are just neglectful. Lauren Faust said her parents have "high demanding jobs" and are just never around. Then Big Jim more or less confirmed it

UPDATE: To say the new writer has a good track record is an understatement

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2624720/

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 6

Okay, i will say that i really like this episode and i can really see where Rainbow Dash is coming from, because i sometimes also feel embarassed about my parents.

Every normal parent only wants the best for their child and they do everything to cheer them on. For their child it might be a bit embarassing but they and sometimes this might blow over, like we saw rainbow screaming at her parents. We all feel sometimes angry because of our parents behavior, until we realize how much we actually mean to them and Rainbow realizes that and nowadays, i appreciate my parents more then ever, eventhough i felt embarassed sometimes.

This was a really funny and adorable episode. :)

• Brohoof 8

Well can't give a full opinion since all the streams kept crashing and going down, so could not see the complete episode uninterrupted and missed some parts of it. And due to that annoyance it made the episode harder to enjoy and really get into and take note of.

That being said, I saw most of it... and what I saw did seem OK, if not filled with a ton of cliches.

So quick notes

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash filly defeated Lightning Dust & Spitfire fillies? Makes me wonder about today.

Scootaloo and the picture taking was cute, but got a bit silly at some point, mainly I suppose because although I know she still adores her, the screaming fanpony I would have thought would have worn off. The sandwich both in book and mentioned by Cheerilee made me laughhard though. And WTF! a B!!!!! What the hell does a pony need to do to earn an A... Cheerilee confirmed hardass!

Also, Scootaloo opened the door on her parents thing in show... so let the questions begin. I used to not to not care to much, now I want to know myself. Is she orphaned, or does she just have uncaring parents? Damn it DHX why you do this?

Overall from what I saw a good episode, although not as good as some of the others... although the streams aggravating me might have colored this... will rewatch it later and give it a better opinion.

And no cringey crap as some predicted in site... although her parents WERE way overboard in some cases.

No rating until I can rewatch it, but it was a good episode by what I saw.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Humor + Parents + Realistic conflict + Scootaloo focus + Rainbow Dash development = Fucking great episode

23 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

UPDATE: To say the new writer has a good track record is an understatement

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2624720/

Really hope he writes more episodes this season.

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 5

Wow! Scootaloo's fan-girling scream in the opening is loooooooooooong! LOL! Still screaming after the theme song has ended!

Rainbow Dash had braces when she was younger? I can relate! Not since Season 4's Testing, Testing, 1,2,3 have I found something more to relate to Dashie!

Scootaloo's Awe-Inspired face when she enters Dash's awards room, I'll bet will become a GIF.

Okay, my parents were much more restrained in saying how proud they were of my recent Graduation compared to Dashie's parents!

• Brohoof 3

ok, I really liked this episode. it hit home- not with the embarrassing parents, but yelling at them and coming to realize that I gotta apologize. I enjoyed all the cameos- from derp, Lightning Dust, and Spitfire with young rainbowDash, to RD cutting off Spitfire's tail.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, Scootaloo's happy screaming when seeing Dash's parents could be irritating to some ears.

But WHY is it also so CUTE?! WHY-H-H-HY?! */Rarity whine*

• Brohoof 4

42 minutes ago, Photon Jet said:

I loved this episode! I totally loved this episode! They were several hilarious moments and we finally got to see Rainbow Dash's parents.

now the Firefly being Dashie's mom thing can die in peace.

Best episode of the season, so far, by far. Firstly, Rainbow's parents, really liked them a lot. Even when they were at their maximum overload of enthusiasm they never exactly annoyed me or anything. Scootaloo was also perfect here. Seeing her devotion, those wonderful faces, worked out well and she made a good fit with the parents and we got a simple, but surefire reason why Rainbow never told them.

Even the overall moral was great as it was kinda two morals in one. Also seeing Scoots take a picture of everything for her book was kinda hilarious. Seriously, she put a friggin' sandwich and a diaper in her book report. That, is dedication. I find it kinda hilarious that Cheerilee pointed out the moldy sandwich and not the diaper. XD

So yeah, simply put, this episode was what I hoped it would be and even more, thanks to Scootaloo being so good. I do feel bad for her because, well, as others have said, this episode pretty much confirms that she is an orphan, which is something I was surprised to see. I don't think they could have made this episode any better if they tried their hardest because it was so top-tier.

10/10 from me, easily.

• Brohoof 7

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Best episode of the season, so far, by far. Firstly, Rainbow's parents, really liked them a lot. Even when they were at their maximum overload of enthusiasm they never exactly annoyed me or anything. Scootaloo was also perfect here. Seeing her devotion, those wonderful faces, worked out well and she made a good fit with the parents and we got a simple, but surefire reason why Rainbow never told them.

Even the overall moral was great as it was kinda two morals in one. Also seeing Scoots take a picture of everything for her book was kinda hilarious. Seriously, she put a friggin' sandwich and a diaper in her book report. That, is dedication. I find it kinda hilarious that Cheerilee pointed out the moldy sandwich and not the diaper. XD

So yeah, simply put, this episode was what I hoped it would be and even more, thanks to Scootaloo being so good. I do feel bad for her because, well, as others have said, this episode pretty much confirms that she is an orphan, which is something I was surprised to see.

10/10 from me, easily.

the ep doesn't confirm that she was an orphan. What I got was her parents were there, but just never offered her the support that RD's parents did.

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

the ep doesn't confirm that she was an orphan. What I got was her parents were there, but just never offered her the support that RD's parents did.

Never specifically confirms that either. The wording she used could be taken either way, so, we can take our pick.

Mane 6 can't be developed, they said. There is nothing left to tell, they said. :wub:Where are your comments now :wub: Starlight fanfoals? :wub: It's not just the character, it's the pen.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Mane 6 can't be developed, they said. There is nothing left to tell, they said. :wub:Where are your comments now :wub: Starlight fanfoals? :wub: It's not just the character, it's the pen.

And this pen was definitely mightier than the sword.