Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If EqG humans existed as a minority, how would you treat them?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

(edited)

The humans of Equestria Girls have unusual skin and hair colours, so I sometimes imagine them as aliens. It would be interesting to see how would these colourful humanoids would survive in the real world, since their appearance can make them easily stand out from the crowd.

Say, you became the president, king, or queen of your own country, and there exists communities of colourful humans, exactly like those from the "Equestria Girls" movies, living as minorities in your country.

How would you treat the colorful "Equestrian humans" who reside within your territory, if you are the leader of your own nation?

Would you treat them fairly as you would to other humans? Or would you reduce their status over their unusual appearance, even enslave them if you wish?

Edited by HorsesandMOARGaloar

I would be more careful because being skinny and big headed they must have a massive chance for getting a brain injury. Also I think their colors would probably be cool, except I would find the occasional person creepy like Pink Guy or something, especially if in this scenario I were a kid. Otherwise they are equals, and then when I find out about they can pony up, I would want to pony up because its the closest thing to super powers, but you can't change race so yeh.

• Brohoof 1

Why wouldn't I treat them normal? I mean they would be people of Earth just like every other race here now, to suggest we somehow treat actual humans as inhuman is something that should frankly be left behind in the pages of history. In this fantasy, they would have always been here just like the rest of us I would imagine, so would no longer be strange or unusual.. and just another race and culture of planet Earth that should have the same rights and privileges humans as a whole should have.

Also, I know this question is not meant to be taken too seriously and nothing is actually being suggested by it, and that it is more or less meant in good fun.... however it still bugs me after all this planet has been through with slavery, genocide and racial and religious persecution and extermination, and so many of the things we are still going through... that we still get questions asking "what ifs" about situations like these, and then asking if some people or another should be enslaved or eliminated. So many have died in struggles around the world to try and change that way of thinking.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, GrimGrimoire said:

Why wouldn't I treat them normal? I mean they would be people of Earth just like every other race here now, to suggest we somehow treat actual humans as inhuman is something that should frankly be left behind in the pages of history. In this fantasy, they would have always been here just like the rest of us I would imagine, so would no longer be strange or unusual.. and just another race and culture of planet Earth that should have the same rights and privileges humans as a whole should have.

Also, I know this question is not meant to be taken too seriously and nothing is actually being suggested by it, and that it is more or less meant in good fun.... however it still bugs me after all this planet has been through with slavery, genocide and racial and religious persecution and extermination, and so many of the things we are still going through... that we still get questions asking "what ifs" about situations like these, and then asking if some people or another should be enslaved or eliminated. So many have died in struggles around the world to try and change that way of thinking.

I would treat them fairly as well, but I am also wondering about anyone else, if they were the leader of a country with some Equestrian people (or aliens) living among them. If that may have offended you, I am sorry about that.

Just now, HorsesandMOARGaloar said:

I would treat them fairly as well, but I am also wondering about anyone else, if they were the leader of a country with some Equestrian people (or aliens) living among them. If that may have offended you, I am sorry about that.

Naw I am not offended. I know it was meant to be a fantasy question and not meant to be a reflection of real life. No worries.

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, HorsesandMOARGaloar said:

Would you treat them fairly as you would to other humans? Or would you reduce their status over their unusual appearance, even enslave them if you wish?

I'll take the one on the left for $200, Alex.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, GrimGrimoire said:

I agree with you on this so much thank you for that Grim

I personally would treat them the same as everyone else I put no one above someone else after all just because they look strange doesn't mean they are.

Well, it'll would be strange to figure out how to treat them. While there are different ethnicies and skin colors in our world, you won't exactly find pastel colored people, who are also capable of flying and shooting rainbow lasers :dash: 

I would at least try to treat them like any other human being. Although, I can only imagine what it's like for them signing official documents or going to the DMV:

"So your full name is Rarity?"

"Um, yes."

"I'm sorry, miss, but I'm going to need a last name in order to issue you your driver's license."

Also, if I ever came across an EqG character, first thing I'd do is probably to ask them how I can pony up.