Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best 4K - 5K Gaming Monitors~

K.Rool Addict

(edited)

For all you high res pc gamers out there, I need some help choosing a monitor. I honestly have almost no idea where to start looking as my knowledge of gaming displays is pretty much limited to that of gaming laptops. My criteria are the following:

• MUST be glossy (I cannot stand matte finish on displays >.<; )
  • 4k-5k resolution
  • 100% sRGB and 95-99% Adobe RGB color gamut coverage (High NTSC values would be appreciated as well)
  • Decent response time (doesn't need to be the absolute lowest ever, but I'd say keep it under 20ms if possible)
  • Preferably a smaller display (20-25 inches would be most ideal <---- if not possible, nothing above 30 inches >.> )
  • No TN panels pl0x (IPS, IGZO, OLED... pretty much anything else is preferable)

So.... can my preferences be accommodated? Or are these unrealistic demands Q.Q

Edited by K.Rool Addict

The LG 24UD58-B is what I would go with for that optimistic criteria. Good price, 5ms response time, and 24 inches. (Can go up to 27 though.)

Although IMO, Most 4K monitors (or just computer monitors in general) aren't really "gaming" monitors. That sort of resolution more benefits productivity than gaming. Especially since 4K still requires a PC with a lot of grunt just to achieve 60 FPS with high settings.

I'd still rather have my ultrawide anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Boom.

That's the monitor I'm currently looking into buying. It's gonna be quite a while until I save up the dough, though. You'll probably want a GTX 1080 Ti or AMD equivalent (if there is an AMD equivalent, which I'm not sure there is) to drive it, though. Part of my research into that monitor I linked to was whether I could run Battlefield 1 in 4K on my GTX 970 and the answer, which I found through a benchmark video on YouTube, was a big fat NO.

I'm also drooling over this baby, but the price is sure to be ludicrous and it's not going to be out for a while.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

Although IMO, Most 4K monitors (or just computer monitors in general) aren't really "gaming" monitors. That sort of resolution more benefits productivity than gaming. Especially since 4K still requires a PC with a lot of grunt just to achieve 60 FPS with high settings.

It's quite alright. I only really play older games anyway. The most graphically demanding game I intend to play would be Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen lol. I just love having the clarity of a 4k screen being played at native resolution. 1080p just looks so drab nowadays (and oh God I can not stand anti-aliasing >.<). Sharp, ultra high pixel density is what I crave :o

20 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

The LG 24UD58-B is what I would go with for that optimistic criteria. Good price, 5ms response time, and 24 inches. (Can go up to 27 though.)

7 hours ago, J-115 said:

Hmm... >.>  Neither of those monitors look particularly... glossy to me Q.Q

Do there even exist 4k glossy displays? Other than that, they both look great, especially for the price :o

I have like a vendetta against matte finished screens. They tend to mute the colors/ pixel clarity ever so slightly and it just drives me crazy xD

If it's not at all possible to get a nice 4-5k monitor with a glossy screen, I might just go for a laptop instead:

^Price really isn't a concern. Although, I do prefer my laptop keyboards to be centered instead of the numpad (or in this case the touchpad) pushing it over to the left... :/