Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You wake up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. What's the first thing you do?

Wardaddy

Primarily I'd get a car, stock it with as much food and blunt weapons as I could get. Once that was done, I'd try my local military barracks for weapons (and a more heavily armored transport if possible) before checking to see who in my family was still alive. If they were a zombie, I'd kill them but not without sadness. Any other zombie I'd whip without a second thought. In the meantime, I'd look for other survivors, some working firearms and ammo, places to stay for individual nights that I can effectively fortify and easily defend.

Your turn!

I would freak out and nearly lose my mind first, then when I regain composure, I would run as fast I can to my brother's place. Not only is he really smart and could keep his cool in this scenario, he has tons of supplies pretty much for that occasion, minus weapons. He does have a friend who apparently have a massive stockpile of weapons. So, go to my bro's first, then we retreat to that place.

I would grab a kitchen knife and lock myself in my house until food would run out, then I would just make quick runs to scavenge food.

If all the zombies would be as slow as in the walking dead I wouldn't have so much trouble really xD.

(edited)

I wouldn't worry and get back to my day because no matter how fast or numerous zombies are, modern weaponry can shred them all up in less than 2 days. C'mon, modern weapons can easily shred the devastating weapons from WW2. A crowd or even army of unarmed, uncoordinated, untrained, mindless people whether running or not is a joke, not a disaster.

Edited by General Solar Magus
  • Brohoof 1

otX8rqQ8.jpg

In reality I'd get to Bass Pro Shop as soon as possible and hopefully set up shop there. I doubt I'd last very long though.

• Brohoof 1

Panic. Lots of panic.

After that, I would grab whatever useful stuff I have in my house, and head to my dad's place as soon as possible.

My dad's house is big, has a strong fence around it, and has my dad's three dogs. It is much better for surviving a zombie apocalypse than my tiny house.

I'd also try to contact my IRL friends, and see where they are. This doesn't help me survive, but I'd be pretty worried about them.

Just take enough food and wather for me and my parents (and my dog), then run away in the fields, with our car.

Our house is good, but is never safe staing into a city when a pandemy (in this case, a deadly, dangerous one) strike. 

Top priority is to find a weapon... then a backpack, then supplies. If I could find a machete, dagger, or sword then I'd be golden... at least until I die of infection, starvation, or go insane... but at least I didn't get killed by the undead.

I guess maybe try to get out away from civilization first. Since I do not want to be be ran over by a crazy crowd of panicked  people. Then try to find a abandon  gas station to grub some foods and tools that I need.  Then once I have everything I need (if I got lucky to make it though that far) I will find others and create a small group (since being a group have better chance of survival ) and find shelter. 

And whatever you do...don't trust no one. Human have a higher chance to be more dangerous than zombies.

i'd probably die in a matter of minutes after stepping outside.
i would think it was a joke, or i could be hallucinating.

but in the case i survived until i discovered it was real, i'd first return to my room, grab my sword and sharpen it with whatever i can use.
then i'd raid the local grocery store for supplies like food, water and first aid stuff.
then the tool store, and grab whatever i can to break into weapon cabinets to get hunting weapons (in rare cases, my sword is more silent).
next is get a car, i'd probably "steal" a Mopar if i can find one and head towards the nearest military base, stocked on food, beer, hunting weapons, painkillers for the hangovers, and see if someones "alive" there, if not, i'd get some heavier weapons and silenced ones.
i'm not sure i would have catched a tank, since they do tend to drink fuel like i drink beer, but i'd take one and drive around like crazy just for a little bit of fun before getting back on the road to find eventual quarantine zones.

I'd immediately look for a weapon. Once completed (hopefully multiple items or at least not something that can "run out" like a firearm) I'd seek either high ground (are we talking shambler zombies, or the scary ones that can run like lightning and take a brick to the face?) or a boat. Island here I come! I'd keep an eye out for food, water, and other necessities, and may team up with other survivors... but we know that all it takes is one remorseless, power hungry **** to kill everyone in their sleep and take their loot for themselves, lol. So probably stay alone, unless I've got family or close friends with me...

I'd start by saying "This is very unrealistic and probably still a dream or something. Life might imitate art, but it's not usually on this level. If I wasn't so tired, I'd probably be able to word that better." Then I'd get a shit ton of weapons, food, other survival materials, and my friends and family and go out to the nearest National Guard or military outpost and camp out there. I mean, assuming they'd actually take in refugees. If not, well, that sucks for me.

I'd surround my home with Garden Gnome statues. It's a little known fact that zombies are scared to death (er, undeath) of them. If that somehow doesn't work, I'll go to the nearest 4-star hotel and wait it out with room service until the rest of the surviving populace finishes off the zombie horde. Then I'll return home to my ineffective Garden Gnomes and put them all on ebay. 

• Brohoof 2

Move all the food and drink from the ground floor upstairs, and then remove the stairs is where I would start. Using any wood I can find, I board up every door and window except for one door to enter/exit. Then I would work on breaking into my Grandfather's gun safes.