Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I am not liking the whole early Canada release

gyashaa

(edited)

I like to have my new pony once a week. It allows me to digest the last episode (think about it, talk about it, search for images related to it, etc) and have something to look forward to every week.

But with the early Canada release, I have to be looking out for spoilers like never before, keep getting confused as to which episode we're on in the US and I feel like the fandom's divided into people who watch the show early and the people who don't, so we're not all on the same page. Thoughts? Agreements? Disagreements?

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 7

I feel the same way. I was originally not going to watch the early releases, but I know they exist and I can't help myself. Just wish they'd stop airing these early episodes in Canada and just go back to normal. I hate how everything is divided like this.

• Brohoof 4

Right there with you on that. This new format will make the season go by too quickly. They clearly are wanting to get things ready for the film but  Ifeel this isn't the best way to do it.

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, PonyLaces said:

I feel the same way. I was originally not going to watch the early releases, but I know they exist and I can't help myself.

That brings up a good point. Do people just not have self control? Or do they just not care? OR do they even feel pressured into watching the show early? o.o I for one refuse to binge watch the show and watch it once a week just like nature intended. XD :P

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, gyashaa said:

That brings up a good point. Do people just not have self control? Or do they just not care? OR do they even feel pressured into watching the show early? o.o I for one refuse to binge watch the show and watch it once a week just like nature intended. XD :P

I am basically in PonyLaces situation where I simply cannot resist. Though this depends on how much the episode interests me. I didn't watch Fluttershy Leans In until yesterday, but Parental Gildeance I *had* to watch as soon as possible. :P

doesn't matter to me. I like watching ponies quicker. And though the season may end quicker, there's lots of fanstuff to hold us over in between seasons. Its not as if you can't go back and rewatch the previous episode, t look out for things you might've missed the first time watching it, or to change your opinion about something in the episode, after a week's time. The only downside might be spoilers, for those only wanting one episode a week, but just stay off pony sites. Easy enough.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, gyashaa said:

Last season I got spoiled by people who watched the early releases and didn't see the need to put spoiler tags on their stuff. So, yeah, I don't want that happening again personally. So, I'll watch the early episodes just to avoid that.

Also, yes. I lack self control. All those sweets I eat are clear proof of this.:please:

• Brohoof 2

It may not be optimal, or even prefered. But what can we do? Hasbro, or Discovery Family or whatever the network is in Canada have made up their mind. At this point, we have a responsibility to keep up to date or risk not enjoying the episode due to the influence of spoilers. So it's ultimately your preference. Do you pace things out, risking spoilers, or do you take advantage of the situation, and just watch a double (or in my case, triple) dose of pony?

4 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

doesn't matter to me. I like watching ponies quicker. And though the season may end quicker, there's lots of fanstuff to hold us over in between seasons. Its not as if you can't go back and rewatch the previous episode, t look out for things you might've missed the first time watching it, or to change your opinion about something in the episode, after a week's time. The only downside might be spoilers, for those only wanting one episode a week, but just stay off pony sites. Easy enough.

I agree with you except for that last sentence. Avoiding EQD is one thing, but then you'd have to stay off of this site too. And no pony wants to do that. And then there's youtube. You'll have to avoid that as well, as that was how the last three seasons got spoiled for me. So essentially, to be spoiler free, you're gonna have to substantially disconnect. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Great. Now I'm the only one who hasn't seen the early releases. XD  ~ P R E S S U R E ~   ~ S O   L O N E L Y~

jk I guess since there are pros and cons of both waiting and watching, I'll just watch the show at my own pace.

Edited by gyashaa

30 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

They clearly are wanting to get things ready for the film but  Ifeel this isn't the best way to do it.

Who says this is for the film? And if it was, why wouldn't they be doing this on Discovery, the network for the US? I don't think Canada is going to have too much of an effect on the box office.

The release is early from your (the USA) perspective. I think it's the normal Canadian release of a partially Canadian show. 

Naming nuances aside, I personally don't mind 2 episodes a week, considering the fact that I watched the first 4 seasons digesting 3-4 episodes a day. The only possible drawback I see here - a little less attention to every single episode from the artists and analytics.

For those who prefer watching one episode per week, I can say: spoilers are not a huge problem, MLP is a family cartoon, not a detective/mystery movie. As long as quality of the show is good, spoilers can't ruin it.

• Brohoof 3

I prefer the 2 episodes a week. I love binge watching cartoons and animes so yeah.

While I think that it is a bit weird, I don't really have a major problem with it.

I have enough self control to wait for the episodes to air in America on Discovery Family.

Plus it allows me to hear new synopsis for episodes a lot earlier than usual, which allows me to build hype for the rest of the season by wondering what is going to happen next.

Treehouse TV bought the rights to air season seven and for that they are allowed to air them however they want. Yes, that even includes airing two episodes per weekend as opposed to the usual singular episode. While it does mean the season will be over much sooner than expected, it shouldn't be that big of a deal as there will be the three Equestria Girls specials airing in the summer, and of course we have the 2017 movie coming in October.

I for one like to stay on top of episodes, and I don't care if I'm seeing them a week early.  Being one episode ahead isn't throwing me off at all, and it's just one more reason outside of other current events that I'm proud to be a Canadian.  I have to admit though that the Canadian aired episodes can be hard to find online as Hasbro cracks down on them pretty hard, and when I do see them, the audio sounds a little off.  However, that's all the more reason for me to rewatch the episode when it airs in the US so I can enjoy it with proper audio.  

In the meantime, I'm able to keep up with current discussions, so it's a win-win for me.  I may be forgoing the live streams though as they're a week behind, but that's fine as I'm not a morning person anyways and like to sleep in, and the episodes seem to be posted on my favourite streaming site quicker after they air in the US now.  I'll probably make sure to tune into the livestream for the season finale but that may be it.

It's starting to break my "one episode at a time" routine. Then again, the thought of waiting another week for the next episode sucks, so there's that.

It sucks to wait for the whole week then i got bad episode (like epidode 5), ruined my whole Sunday, but now, thank to Canada, i get 2 ep per week, i can pass bad episodes quicker to dive into S7's greatness. 

Canada has clearly jumped the bandwagon and had started to refuse to maintain a steady schedule as in the US. Now spoilers will start to wreak havoc ont eh fandom and there's gonna be a huge friction unless Canada realizes that they're playing with fire and that the American viewers are becoming detested from this.