Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will you go to see the movie?

CastletonSnob

Are you going to see the movie in theaters, or are you going to watch it online? 

Like it or not, there's still a stigma attached to MLP, and it might look odd for grown men to watch a movie about a show for little girls. 

I'll most likely see it with my local Brony Group, would ensure any stigma is easily removed without much hassle.

Also, I watch animated movies of most kinds at cinemas, being a grown man in a cinema full of parents and kids isn't an issue as far as I'm concerned.

• Brohoof 1

If you watch it online, that is very rude to the people who worked on it.

So I am literally getting a drivers license for the single reason of going to see this movie. (if it were not for this movie, than I would continue procrastinating).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm watching it Online because I can't watch it on Theaters, My Family would Not Approved me for Watching it on Theaters.

Edited by Zachary

I am definitely going to try to see it in the theaters. These days I barely get to go to the movies as it is and this is one that is a very special occasion. I would love to see it opening day if all goes well.

13 minutes ago, Zachary said:

I'm watching it Online because I can't watch it on Theaters, My Family would Not Approved me for Watching it on Theaters.

You should really just buy it then. It is extremely rude to all the people who worked on it if you pirate it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In theaters?... nah. And no its not because I'm ashamed to be a Brony, quite the opposite... but that's irrelevant.. Its just I have no one to go see it with so I'd rather wait for someone to tape over it and watch it online.

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

5 minutes ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

In theaters?... nah. And no its not because I'm ashamed to be a Brony, quite the opposite... but that's irrelevant.. Its just I have no one to go see it with so I'd rather wait for someone to tape over it and watch it online.

That is extremely rude to everyone who worked on the movie!!!

26 minutes ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

If you watch it online, that is very rude to the people who worked on it.

So I am literally getting a drivers license for the single reason of going to see this movie. (if it were not for this movie, than I would continue procrastinating).

Not Necessarily. You don't know if I plan to wait for it to be released on a Legal Streaming site before watching it. Considering how the EQG movies & the show are on Netflix, I hope that the Movie will shortly join the pony collection. If memory serves right, it was 2-3 months after release, which I'm fine for waiting.

Don't condemn all online streaming, when it's legal, money still goes to Hasbro.

Day one, with my kids and one or two of their friends. If we do a group in Orlando we may pull off some cosplay. 

I ain't go no shame!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

Not Necessarily. You don't know if I plan to wait for it to be released on a Legal Streaming site before watching it. Considering how the EQG movies & the show are on Netflix, I hope that the Movie will shortly join the pony collection. If memory serves right, it was 2-3 months after release, which I'm fine for waiting.

Don't condemn all online streaming, when it's legal, money still goes to Hasbro.

That is true. But I can guarantee that most of the people who watch it online are pirating it.

3 minutes ago, Frozen The Unicorn said:

A little tangential aside, do you think that Lionsgate distributor contract would override Hasbro when it comes to streaming? Did Lionsgate only retain theatrical distribution rights? Recent moves that Lionsgate has made with Vimeo makes this a curious concern of mine. I do expect it to hit Netflix, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Vimeo gets it first. Otherwise it will hit Netflix fairly quickly. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Jeric said:

A little tangential aside, do you think that Lionsgate distributor contract would override Hasbro when it comes to streaming? Did Lionsgate only retain theatrical distribution rights? Recent moves that Lionsgate has made with Vimeo makes this a curious concern of mine. I do expect it to hit Netflix, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Vimeo gets it first. Otherwise it will hit Netflix fairly quickly. 

I might be wrong, but isn't Lionsgate's contract with Vimeo just around Lionsgate distributed TV shows like Mad Men & Orange is the New Black? If Lionsgate decides that they wanted to put it on vimeo, I'd assume they'd continue with distributing to both streaming companies, as they did in the past with Orange Is the New black, which Lionsgate also hold distribution rights over. If I remember correctly, Netflix wasn't very happy about it being up on Vimeo, but they had little said on the matter.

As far as who gets it first, I'm sure that if they decided it to give it to vimeo, vimeo would get it before Netflix. That's how theyTV show deal works anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly the "stigma" only exists if you're all decked out in pony gear and have a fedora. Otherwise theaters and parents are not gonna care if you see the film.

I dont think so.

The last MLP movie I saw was Rainbow Rocks and only saw that because others were going in a big group and figured why not. I didnt bother watching any others in theaters or even watched them at all.

Im honestly not expecting much from the movie and dont think i'd have the patience to have a whole theater experience with it but if I were going to watch it, just break it up into pieces and watch online when bored

On 5/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, Jeric said:

Day one, with my kids and one or two of their friends. If we do a group in Orlando we may pull off some cosplay. 

I ain't go no shame!

DAFUQ? ORLANDO? INVITE ME, INVITE ME :pinkie:

I really want to, but its different for me. I'm only 13 years old. don't get me wrong, I'm as completely brony as all the rest of you, I'm no stranger to the fandom, but its tricky. because I have to ask my parents

I'll go, provided theaters around here will have the English version instead of the horrible Dutch dub. Usually they have both versions of kids' movies, so I'm really hoping they'll do the same in this case.

I plan on seeing it when it hits Netflix. Going out to see this as a grown man, just i can sense the judgement. Unless i end up with a pegasister gf

(yeah like that'll happen). I'd feel better going with a girl for whatever reason.

I most definitely intend to watch it at the cinemas. No-one's heard of bronies where I live, and I watch Disney movies all the time at the cinemas anyhow, so it should be fine unless someone makes a scene. Which doesn't seem very likely, considering how chill people are around here. :fluttershy: