Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Land Before Time

Tyger

Posted Image

The Land Before Time is a 1988 theatrical animated film, directed by Don Bluth (with production based around his Ireland-based studio), and executive-produced by Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. Originally released by Universal Studios and Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment, it features anthropomorphic dinosaurs living in a somewhat fantasy-based version of prehistoric earth.

Plot:

The plot concerns a young Apatosaurus named Littlefoot, who is orphaned when his mother is killed by a Tyrannosaurus. Littlefoot flees famine and upheaval to search for the "Great Valley", an area which has been spared devastation. On his journey, he meets four young companions: Cera, a Triceratops; Ducky, a Parasaurolophus; Petrie, a Pteranodon; and Spike, a Stegosaurus.

Theme:

The film explores issues of prejudice between the different species and the hardships they endure in their journey as they are guided by the spirit of Littlefoot's mother.

Voice Cast:

-Gabriel Damon as Littlefoot

-Candace Huston as Cera

-Judith Barsi as Ducky

-Will Ryan as Petrie

-Pat Hingle as the Narrator

-Helen Shaver as Littlefoot's Mother

-Burke Byrnes as Daddy Topps

-Bill Erwin as Grandpa Longneck

Reception:

The film was a critical and financial success and spawned a multi-million dollar franchise with thirteen direct-to-video sequels (without association with Bluth, Spielberg, or Lucas,) as well as merchandise (toys, video games, etc.) and a television series.

Content Source

Discuss the critical and financial success 1988 theatrical animated movie, The Land Before Time, here in this thread! Post any media and content from this movie here!

Edited by Artemis
tags; prefix
  • Brohoof 3

That was number 5 if memory serves, LRP.

No wait, that was number...3? He reappears in 5 though.

I haven't seen these movies in so long, I really should find them and get them.

Edited by Discordian

• 2 weeks later...

One of my all-time favorite films. I don't mind the sequels, but they're really toned down for kids unlike the original.

I actually made a two-part tribute montage three years ago for a high school Christian Ethics project. It's basically a slideshow using screengrabs from the movie, told through music. I made a few of these "tributes" years back (including one that represented LBT VII), but I'm most proud of these two that I made for the original film.

• Brohoof 1

I only saw the movie where

they meet that baby T-rex or whatever

Do you know which one that was?

I;m pretty sure it was two, but the thing is, that one wasn't Don Bluth. In fact it took most of his art style away. The dark and gritty atmosphere, and replaced it with a happier, brighter colored world.