Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Land Before Time

Tyger

apparently to this list, there has 14 movies in the series! and one of them was made this year, 4 years after the previous one!

if that wasn't the end of the series, i am throughly dissapointed.

the new ones must have been pretty crappy if nobody has even bothered to create a page for them ;)

Why do they insist on ruining things with happiness and singing? Where's the emotion and story?

I don't even know why I said that. The sequels, although semi entertaining for children, are not at all fun or interesting. My cousins were trying to watch "The Lone Dinosaur" or whatever and it felt like a million years. Ahhh!!! My aunt ended up using the remote to turn the TV off and told them that the movie had ended. They were little so that trick worked back then. Never did find out what happened to that Lone Dinosaur...

I think I have to about the sixth movie on vhs. I was a dino-head when I was little. Cera was my favorite as a kid... I'd rather not talk about it.

Sorry to hear about Ducky voice actress and her mother.

I like the "lone dinosaur" movie... that one song was catchy "Tail as quick as lightning"

Only caught glimspes of the animated series... shocked that it took them so long to make a spin-off show

edit: hmm, the series spawned 13 movies and a single season spin-off show...I'd say that isn't so bad

Posted Image

Truer words have never been spoken

apparently to this list, there has 14 movies in the series! and one of them was made this year, 4 years after the previous one!

if that wasn't the end of the series, i am throughly dissapointed.

That Wikipedia article is wrong on several things:

The Stone of Cold Fire was movie number 7 (VII); Invasion of the Tinysauruses was number 11 (XI); and The Wisdom of Friends was number 13 (XIII). Movie number 14 (XIV) also doesn't exist... at least not yet. Wikipedia isn't exactly the most reliable source because its articles can be easily edited by its users and/or trolls.

There *was* a TV series that began in 2007, however, though I'm not sure if it's been canceled or if it's still ongoing.

Edited by Senn555

Just rewatched the first movie... It's okay, a little short for my taste...

I was kind of reminded of Tyranno from Abarangers. Though he was kind of different from Little Foot's situation. His wife and child was killed by an alien invasion...

So random thought... If little foot becomes full grown... would he still be little foot?

Scary thought... a franchise that spawned 13 movies, and 26 episodes... you know their are probably a good amount of fans... then their is those that are shippers *shudders*

Just rewatched the first movie... It's okay, a little short for my taste...

The film was originally going to be ten minutes longer, but all that extra footage got cut out because it was deemed too dark and scary for kids. Don Bluth wasn't happy with the cuts, of course... it would have run 75 minutes rather than 65 if he had his way.

As far as I know all that cut footage is lost or destroyed, but I can't exactly remember. I'm sure there's more about this on Wikipedia or somewhere.

The film was originally going to be ten minutes longer, but all that extra footage got cut out because it was deemed too dark and scary for kids. Don Bluth wasn't happy with the cuts, of course... it would have run 75 minutes rather than 65 if he had his way.

As far as I know all that cut footage is lost or destroyed, but I can't exactly remember. I'm sure there's more about this on Wikipedia or somewhere.

Wait, there was more to the story?

Oh sen, you just caused me to go search the bowels of the internet.

Thanks.

Wait, there was more to the story?

Oh sen, you just caused me to go search the bowels of the internet.

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia....and_Before_Time

Editing

Throughout production, The Land Before Time went under a severe cutting and editing of footage. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas thought that some scenes in the movie would appear too frightening or could even cause psychological damage to young children. About 11 minutes of footage,[8] a total of 19 fully animated scenes, were cut from the final film, to attain a G rating instead of a PG rating. Much of the cut footage consisted of the Tyrannosaurus Rex attack sequence and sequences of the five young dinosaurs in severe situations of peril and stress. The scene of Sharptooth landing on the back of Littlefoot's mother was altered so that it was only shown in shadow, though some early VHS copies of the film have the original version of the scene. Some scenes with the characters in the movie screaming had to be revoiced using milder exclamations. It was felt this would be more suitable for young children.[7] Though Don Bluth was unhappy with the cuts, and fought for all the footage, he had to settle on a final running time of 69 minutes, one of his shortest.

The sequence of Littlefoot's mother's death was also going to be eliminated; however, it was thought that if the scene were removed it would complicate explaining why Littlefoot had to journey to the Great Valley alone. The scene was shown to psychologists who gave their feedback to the production team. The character of Rooter was added to the story to soften the emotional blow, and teach Littlefoot and the audience that even after loved ones die, they are always with us in the lessons we have learned from them. However, brief portions of the scene which involved the mother's neck and back being bitten have since been edited out of home video releases and television airings, though this footage was present both in the theatrical cut and on earlier VHS copies of the film. Later editing of the film was presumably done to bring the tone closer to that of the non-violent and more child-friendly sequels and television series that the franchise has become known for.

Deleted Scenes

Some stills from the film include deleted Sharptooth scenes, stills from the original ending, Ducky making faces, and Spike being enticed with berries by Ducky, from a scene that was to have included Cera arguing against Spike coming with the group. There also appears to be a deleted scene involving the main characters happening on an oasis inhabited by a group of "crown-heads" (Pachycephalosaurus/domeheads) who tell the group that only their own kind can eat, and "gray-noses" (Saurolophus/bigmouths) who say only their own kind can drink. The two species refuse to share food/water, even though both will eventually die at the end. This is when Cera realizes that judging others by their species is not the best thing to do. Ducky is told by the gray-noses that she can drink because she is like them, but the others cannot, so the group moves on to find their own food.

Original ending

The film's ending was also altered. The original version had Littlefoot finding the Great Valley on his own, after Cera and the rest of the group go their own way. He would then have gone back to find the others and help them defeat Sharptooth, before they all entered the valley. Evidence of this ending remains in the scene of Littlefoot talking to his mother's spirit after the death of Sharptooth. The rock pushed onto Sharptooth is still there in the background, on its ledge, because this scene was meant to appear before the film's climax.

Edited by Senn555
  • Brohoof 1

That would be preferable to joining in a LBT shipping group. I wonder if they have gimdark for that. Ok, now I'm scaring myself

Looked on Fanfiction net... it was you're average Grimdark stuff: Abuse, Alcoholic (WTF?) stuff... and Little Foot commiting suicide after childabuse after his grandparents seperated... you know typical stuff

There was one where Little Foot was murdered and his ghost was possessed by a murderous demon... it was a let down... such potential

Looked on Fanfiction net... it was you're average Grimdark stuff: Abuse, Alcoholic (WTF?) stuff... and Little Foot commiting suicide after childabuse after his grandparents seperated... you know typical stuff

There was one where Little Foot was murdered and his ghost was possessed by a murderous demon... it was a let down... such potential

Hmm, I wonder what the kiddies would think of that :lol: The second fanfic sounds like it could have been a good story.