Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would the Mane Six react if they were portrayed as villains?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

Say, the Mane Six stumble upon a movie, in which six of its worst antagonists resemble them. Furthermore, these six villains also have a very popular fanbase, ranging from fans who appreciate their backstories and motivations, to people who enjoy cosplaying with beautiful costumes.

Would the Mane Six either get upset by their negative portrayal, or would they appreciate their newfound fanbase (even though these fans focus on the derived characters, and not them)?

I can imagine a few of their initial responses, personally.

Twilight: She was smart, almost too smart, and neurotic. Did you girls see what she did when her master plan fell to pieces? She completely lost her mind!

Fluttershy: She acted so shy and gentle at first, but... to do something like that, while their backs were turned! That was horrible!

Rarity: While I can't say I much like her way of doing things, those outfits were to die for...

Applejack: I... have no idea what I just saw.

Rainbow Dash: So she's the villain. Did you see how much butt she kicked?! It was... AWESOME!

Pinkie Pie: Don't worry girls! I'd never do anything like that!

• Brohoof 4

Nightmare_Rarity_by_ulyssesgrant-d64w8vm

maxresdefault.jpg

Rarity has been an antagonist of sorts in both the comics and show. It would probably push her to Luna levels of PTSD. D:

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Rarity has been an antagonist of sorts in both the comics and show. It would probably push her to Luna levels of PTSD. D:

I haven't even watched all of this show, but I like to think it'd be something like that episode in the last season of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" when the main group of heroes saw a play in the Fire Nation about themselves, but they were all depicted as villainous, propagandistic caricatures of themselves.

IHfNlyL.gif

tumblr_m2i6ikURk91qk9ry0o4_250.gif

tumblr_mio1jpFdCK1s4gqufo1_500.gif

Though I think we all know that if anyone gave it something of a pass for good special effects, it'd be RD... and Rarity might be somewhat forgiving if they had good costuming. :please:

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

I haven't even watched all of this show

hermione-glare.gif

Yeah I can see it unfolding like that episode. I also need to rewatch the series again. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jeric said:

hermione-glare.gif

tumblr_miloaluqYF1rwuk4ko1_500.gif

It's just something I haven't gotten to yet, but blame teenage-me for it! :dry:  I still wasn't into anime when that show came out and I was sadly becoming a teenager at the time, so I thought (because I was a stupid, stupid teenager) that I was starting to get too old for cartoon shows.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, days of youth... stupid, stupid youth in all its stupidity. :bedeyes:  But anyway, I am much wiser now and it is on the "Most Definitely Must Watch" to-do list... unfortunately so is a ton of other stuff.  That one I actually might save for my girlfriend and I, there's a lot of things I'm looking forward to watching with her, and I think we'd have a blast watching that one together. :catface:

But yes, I agree, I am terrible for not having seen one of the best cartoons (and possibly the greatest American anime ever made) to come out in my lifetime. :lie:

• Brohoof 1

The Mane 6 would probably see the fanbase of their villainous dopplegangers and think, "What have we been missing all these years?!" Then they'd promptly abandon their virtuous way and cash-in on some serious badguy merchandising! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Idk about how the other 5 would be ...

but it pretty sure that Pinkie Pie would still act like Pinkie Pie. But with a more evil laugh at times. Lol.