(edited)

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was just googling about the community in general and tumbled here

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was influenced by a distant acquaintance

Hi Y'all!

I live in Singapore and am currently under pre-university education. I was once a brony from 2013 to 2015 but in those days it was hard to keep my interest in the community due to the amassing amounts of homework I had. However, recently I managed to muster the little time I had to binge watch the whole of Season 6, and I felt an overwhelming rush of nostalgia as I relived those moments a few years back where I was proud of calling myself a brony.

Realistically, the only reason I really wanted to introduce myself here was to finally feel what it is like to be at home. I am rather lonely and antisocial, and have been rather depressed ever since I was 12. I think that is mostly due to the fact that I don't connect well with my family and people don't find me interesting enough to talk to, so I end up bottling my negative feelings and don't really see much positivity in life. And sadly, the only few friends I had weren't as enthusiastic as I was in my interests. This has led me to feel lost in society and I really don't have much faith in humanity anymore.

This is where MLP came to my rescue. The series has shown me how happy people can be through friendly interactions and sometimes I wander off into a deep dream about how happy I would be if I did live in a society like Equestria. I wished I had friends whom I can go on awesome adventures with to do good using actual magic, and sharing every little thing we do whilst fully enjoying the presence of one another. I really hope I can find a good companion here, even if people don't have face-to-face interactions.

I really only find comfort in my dreams because I am self-aware that the world will never change in my favor. And the person whom I got my brony influence from has since left the fandom for anime 2 years ago. I hope he will come back, although we won't meet again.

On a more positive tone, I like Twilight Sparkle, Marble Pie, Vapor Trail and Angel Wings as well!

Edited by Vylletra Heart
  • Brohoof 7

Hello Vylletra and welcome to the forums! If it's friends you want then you've certainly come to the right place. This community's quite friendly and welcoming, so don't hesitate to get out there and talk to some people. If you have any questions about anything or want to chat, feel free to send me a message anytime. :)

• Brohoof 1

Hello there!

On 9.05.2017 at 10:47 PM, Vylletra Heart said:

This is where MLP came to my rescue. The series has shown me how happy people can be through friendly interactions and sometimes I wander off into a deep dream about how happy I would be if I did live in a society like Equestria. I wished I had friends whom I can go on awesome adventures with to do good using actual magic, and sharing every little thing we do whilst fully enjoying the presence of one another. I really hope I can find a good companion here, even if people don't have face-to-face interactions.

I perfectly understand what you mean. Even though my real life isn't actually that bad (but could be better of course), I have the same feelings towards Equestria. It's silly and hard to explain, but... It's just kinda bothering me for some reason. It would be great to experience the freedom and adventures, instead of being kinda stuck here, where humanity itself is a giant unbeatable villain. Our world is obviously poorly balanced and even though we try to be nice, many things will just use that against us. Well, I think I kinda miss the childhood ~ that's when we didn't have to care about anything, but just enjoy the day. Only if I could fly... I'd spend most of the time in the sky. :P 

Heh, sorry, let's better change the topic. :P 

I hope you'll find happiness someday, that's the most important thing.

I wish you all the best; Welcome to the herd! :) 

• Brohoof 2

Hello Vylletra, nice to meet you. Welcome back to forums. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya.. :) 

• Brohoof 2