Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

catnet

Similar to what @GrimGrimoire said, I usually find these topics problematic because it's hard to not go into crazy list mode. To prevent that - I'll just drop the name of one or two people that impress me or otherwise deserve a compliment. 

@Nightmare Muffin - You are aware I disagree with you often enough it was almost to the point it could be taken as I dislike what you have to say. On the contrary, I appreciate the creative angles you take on your topics. Some days you single handedly keep Show Discussion lively with some interesting and occasionally quirky questions and thoughts for the direction you would like the show to take. 

I definitely have fun sparing with you in some of those threads too. 

@Ganondox is also someone I've similarly disagreed with at times. We are both fans of Psychology, yet apply different theories to the show. Our discussions on mental health of characters has an almost academic flair to it, and reminds me of my University days. It's always a pleasure seeing your thoughts in a topic, agree or not. 

@Dark Qiviut - One of the more controversial members in that you give praise only when you feel it is properly earned, but your passion and earnest nature has always been endearing. Our conversations are always a blast, whether it's politics, ponies, or even a general look at children and family programming of the past. You have also been a good friend to talk to. There is always something to be said about associating with people who are genuine, and you fit that better than most. Like the others, we have different opinions and conclusions about episodes and life, but you always want to know what the other person thinks, and not once have I felt you didn't appreciate any of my contrary or differing views. Trust me, that feeling is mutual. 

You are three people I do not always see eye to eye on, but respect greatly. I know that this forum would seem less complete if you vanished. 

• Brohoof 3

@Jeric. you wuuuub meeee. -sheds a tear- i kid. En Guarde. You may disagree with many of my posts, but I appreciate your appreciation of my quirky topics and creative angles. You keep things spicy as far as show discussion debate goes. Though your posts do get me hot under the collar, sometimes You're a good sparring partner, if anything.

• Brohoof 1

@GrimGrimoire, thank you so very much for your compliments! You will forever be known as the guy with all of those thought-provoking status updates. :orly: Keep writing, keep questioning, and keep analyzing! 

Also, thank you and @Shadow Beam for your coordination and help to make Christmas even merrier last year! Your efforts brought even more smiles to people's faces. :) 

• Brohoof 2

You know, I could legitimately spend hours speaking of the people of this forum and all the compliments I could throw at them, but this sort of thread gave me an idea. I have been around for a while by now, so I think that everyone that I've seen and met deserves a mention, because let's be honest, this place is pretty special to me for all the right reasons, although I will just drop a few names each time. I mean, I can think on well over 60 names now, but I might as well spread them a little, but let's just go with it! :P

• I'm gonna start with some cheating already, but I can't literally think of one of them without thinking on the other instantly, am I not right, SugarNut? :P @Sugar Cube & @Wingnut are the first of many reasons of why I am here on the first place. They are some of the sweetest people I've ever met(and anyone that has talked to them will agree, totallynotbias), and although they might not be as active as they once were, I can tell that their influence has touched me in a positive way.
  • @BoredAnimeGif, although by the time I write this, he will have another name knowing him. Of the first people I recall seeing in Forum Games, along with another person I will name soon enough. While we never spoke much, I always looked up to him in a weird sort of way, as in, I don't know, he is a nice person and was influential, okay?
  • @Quaestio Draconis, or like I will remember him always, Questioner. Again, one of those people that I never really spoke as much as I should have had, but thinking with perspective, why didn't I? I have seen him around since for as long as I can remember, and although he took a break a while ago, he will always be to me "The person that somehow knows about everything dragon". You deserve props.
  • @Sir Hugoholic is literally a silly pone. Being serious though, he was one of the earliest people I started talking to on this place, and although we have spoken more or less depending of the time, he is a brilliant, smart, and  well worth friend. Also, did I say he is a silly pone?

And that should cut it for the time being. I still haven't even started with the people that deserve compliments, active or not, and I just need to come up with more names and give them the compliments they deserve. :D

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Alright so this is something I'm glad exist because this is something i need to get off my chest.(Well i posted here before but I realized that I had to get this off my chest)

@Star48955 @~Natural Beauty~ @nx9100 @Techno Universal

Thank all of you for the RP that I'm so involved in I appreciate the patience you guys had while I learnt the ropes of role playing and for just being great friends to me! (Yes that Rp was my first one. Now I'm obsessed with them I just was scared of putting myself out there.)

@chaosprincess @Lunarpalette@spoopy_gander (and anyone else who drew art for me)

Thank you as well I feel my character would be less complete with out the amazing works you guys made for me.

And lastly @Everypony on the forums

Thank all of you for not being judgmental or picky about things you're all fun, nice and creative people. You've all made me feel welcome since I arrived and I love it here!

Edited by Maple Bat
Forgot someone important
  • Brohoof 3

I was just browsing aimlessly when I clicked this thread and well... my heart was immediately warmed. Just so much kindness and nice things back and forth, I gotta say... it's unbelievable how much joy this brings. That goes to show how truly amazing this community can be. I'm genuinely touched.

That said... I guess, like, @ literally everyone.

You see, I joined this site back in 2012. When I stop to think about it, that was a really long time ago. But even then, well... I remained a very, very inactive member all the way through. I kept going on long hiatuses, taking breaks from the forums for some time, never really posting much, nor contributing much... And even when I did come back, I spent most of my little time Roleplaying around the RP section. I had some great fun there, absolutely! But still...

I've always been way too shy to, y'know... become a part of the community and make actual friends in here. Partially because of my awfully low self-esteem, maybe I felt unworthy of all of this greatness, and thus, never managed to keep contact and form meaningful bonds. I will admit, I always felt kinda sad whenever I couldn't bring myself to have as much influence as many other awesome people in here. Then again, that was all on me. Now I'm just an old member nobody's ever heard of~

But at the end of the day, I'm extremely grateful to have witnessed all of this all. Even if I didn't manage to stand out at all, purely lurking around to the absurd amount of honest, kind, funny, generous, loyal and magic members of this site is what keeps bringing me back from those aforementioned breaks. Thank you, cartoon horse program, for bringing you all together in one place.

...I might have gone way off-topic with this, I'm sorry. I just really felt like expressing my thanks for once~ :please:

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

Alright so this is something I'm glad exist because this is something i need to get off my chest.(Well i posted here before but I realized that I had to get this off my chest)

@Star48955 @~Natural Beauty~ @nx9100 @Techno Universal

Thank all of you for the RP that I'm so involved in I appreciate the patience you guys had while I learnt the ropes of role playing and for just being great friends to me! (Yes that Rp was my first one. Now I'm obsessed with them I just was scared of putting myself out there.)

@chaosprincess @Lunarpalette@spoopy_gander (and anyone else who drew art for me)

Thank you as well I feel my character would be less complete with out the amazing works you guys made for me.

And lastly @Everypony on the forums

Thank all of you for not being judgmental or picky about things you're all fun, nice and creative people. You've all made me feel welcome since I arrived and I love it here!

That's really nice of you! Just remember to follow me in RPs and you may learn a lot from what I do. It would improve your RP skills. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Maple Bat Thank you for the compliment and I must thank you for bringing my oc Chaos to life on my computer you were kind to make it for me so thank you and you are a kind person as well.

@PrincessOfCompassion Thank you for always supporting me, encouraging me and for always being there for me when I need somebody.

And thank you to everybody who has been so kind to me , who has made amazing art for me you all know who you are :squee:, for those who have made music for me you also know who you are :), who has been supportive of me and always willing to bare the loudness that is my Pinkie Pie impression :pinkie: and thank you for everything else I may have missed did I miss anything? I sure hope not if I did just pretend its written in between the lines its there you just have to look HEY LOOK OVER THERE ITS, ITS A DIAMOND DOG. :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@chaosprincess  Thank you for always being there for me even when I was at my lowest, for your support when it came to my art no one else in my family ever did that for me,thank you for all the amazing gift art and the wonderful backstory you wrote for my oc that helped bring my OC Aria to life. Lastly I would like to thank all the lovely artists who did wonderful art of my OC Aria,made music for me and were kind to me.

Edited by PrincessOfCompassion
  • Brohoof 2