Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

THE BEST THING EVER IS HAPPENING

TwilightSparkleAndAJ

I don't quite care for the shoehorning of Starlight in the special. why is she even needed, at all? She isn't. Just there to disrupt Sunny's reuinion with Celestia- IF she even gets to meet her. Bet she won't, because she'll come straight through Twilight's mirrors in her castle, and meet Gutter.

2 hours ago, TwilightSparkleAndAJ said:

The best thing ever happens everypony sunset shimmer is coming home weve been here now 4-5 years and now shes coming home YAY!!!!!!!!! Whos Excited?????

EQG AWESOME.JPG

I wouldn't quite classify Sunset having her plotline of returning to equestria being hijacked by starlight as "the best thing ever".
Sunset returning to equestria should have been a plotline focused SOLELY on sunset and her return (and things like making up with celestia), not Starlight or even the Magic mirror plot.

Maybe not the best thing ever, but I'm absolutely hyped to see this happen. I'll also take great pleasure in shamelessly stating that both series exist in a shared universe to those that have claimed EQG is not cannon. 

Also, Sunset in pony form would be nice to see again. It should also put to rest speculation on whether or not she ascended in FG. 

8 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

why is she even needed, at all?

Cause best pupil? Seriously though, the simple fact that both characters are past antagonists redeemed and given guidance by Twilight is all you need for a narrative springboard to tell a good story about them. 

Some enjoy their vanilla ice cream and dislike chocolate. Some visa versa. Me? I hit the jackpot cause I like both. Yay!

• Brohoof 4

I am definitely interested in seeing Sunset finally return to Equestria, but sadly there doesn't seem like there will be enough time for her to meet up with Celestia.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, TwilightSparkleAndAJ said:

The best thing ever happens everypony sunset shimmer is coming home weve been here now 4-5 years and now shes coming home YAY!!!!!!!!! Whos Excited?????

EQG AWESOME.JPG

Are you sure this THE best thing EVER !? Did you take your medication this morning ? Y'alright ?

(edited)

A lot of people really hate Starlight and are infuriated by any appearance she makes, personally my only grievance with Starlight is that I don't think she has received enough punishment for all the evil things she did, however I really look forwards to this special since I think having Starlight in this situation will finally be enough suffering to make up for it (in fact, back when the Season 5 finale aired I thought banishment-to-human-world would be a highly suitable sentence for Starlight, since it would make her suffer, neutralize her, and potentially allow for her to be reformed by the Humane 6/7. At least now she's actually going to get my favorite part of that sentence).

Edited by WriteCodes46
  • Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, WriteCodes46 said:

A lot of people really hate Starlight and are infuriated by any appearance she makes, personally my only grievance with Starlight is that I don't think she has received enough punishment for all the evil things she did, however I really look forwards to this special since I think having Starlight in this situation will finally be enough suffering to make up for it (in fact, back when the Season 5 finale aired I thought banishment-to-human-world would be a highly suitable sentence for Starlight, since it would make her suffer, neutralize her, and potentially allow for her to be reformed by the Humane 6/7. At least now she's actually going to get my favorite part of that sentence).

Yup, She feels guilty but she avoids punishment, I imagine it would be hard for her to be forced to get along with random people.

I'm more hyped for this than the actual MLP movie.

What I really want to see is Sunset and Glimmer fight, even for just a few seconds, but we know that won't happen.

On 5/11/2017 at 6:55 AM, TwilightSparkleAndAJ said:

EQG AWESOME.JPG

I agree. This is the best thing ever!

I am always amazed by how triggered people can get over the mere mention of Starlight Glimmer, eventhough some of the same people forgave Discord quite easily. :P

I for one am very interested to see this play out, even i am not an Equestria Girls fan

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I am always amazed by how triggered people can get over the mere mention of Starlight Glimmer, eventhough some of the same people forgave Discord quite easily. :P

I for one am very interested to see this play out, even i am not an Equestria Girls fan

It's more of that, even thought Discord was forgiven, he still faced some sort of consequences by having only really Fluttershy actually like him, and the other members of the mane 6 only tolerated him at best, while Starlight was magically forgiven by not just the mane 6, but also her victims in Our Town in like 5 seconds, even though they should really not want anything to her ever again.

But that point aside, I do have to agree that it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I am hoping that Sunset can play some kind of mentor like role towards Starlight, in a similar manner to how she was towards Sci Twi in Legend of Everfree.

14 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

It's more of that, even thought Discord was forgiven, he still faced some sort of consequences by having only really Fluttershy actually like him, and the other members of the mane 6 only tolerated him at best, while Starlight was magically forgiven by not just the mane 6, but also her victims in Our Town in like 5 seconds, even though they should really not want anything to her ever again.

But that point aside, I do have to agree that it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I am hoping that Sunset can play some kind of mentor like role towards Starlight, in a similar manner to how she was towards Sci Twi in Legend of Everfree.

i was more talking about the time between keep calm and flutter on and the season 4 finale, where Discord was supposed to be a good guy now, but his redemption in keep calm was pretty much just done in 3 seconds. And throughout season 4, some people felt that Discords redemption was rushed.

We can argue about Starlights redemption after the season 5 finale. But in my opinion, her redemption was written geniusly compared to Keep calm and flutter on. Just my opinion.

(edited)

I'd prepare myself for the inevitable backlash of fans who'll find something to complain about, especially those who overhyped themselves!

I'm not saying I'll hate the short, just the fact that fans tend to expect a little too much from something and then get angry over nothing when it fails to meet such high expectations!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
36 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'd prepare myself for the inevitable backlash of fans who'll find something to complain about, especially those who overhyped themselves!

I'm not saying I'll hate the short, just the fact that fans tend to expect a little too much from something and then get angry over nothing when it fails to meet such high expectations!

I feel like that is more of a problem that is going to come from reactions to the movie coming in October, rather than an EQG episode, but this is something that fandom kinda needs to hear, to be perfectly honest.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1