Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magical [Electronic]

Ocean Melody

Ok. 

It's a decent listen. However, watch your quality. If you're gonna upload to youtube, always make sure you upload your vids in 720p or 1080p for the best audio quiality. 

Kudos to using an 8-chord progression. However, it staled out really early due to the fact that it was repeated for almost the entire song. Also, be careful with progressions that end with the I. It's best if you end your progressions with chords other than the I so that you can tie it back to the I chord. Here are some suggestions for some chord progressions:

I-V-vi-IV-I-III-vi-V

I-vi-IV-V-IV-ii-vi-V

vi-IV-I-V-IV-ii-vi-V

IV-I-V-III7-vi-ii-IV-V

vi-ii-IV-III7-vi-III-IV-V

There are many other choices you can use. You can also use the III7 to resolve to the vi (aka the relative minor). Knowing you were in the key of C major, switching to a minor would give the piece some mystery. 

In terms of sound, again, watch how you upload your vids on youtube. Those strings in the beginning were rather bright. You could've had a second line running arpeggios with them. That music box bell sound could've been doing a little more instead of running on simple arpeggiated triads. Maybe add a beep lead running on step sequenced 16ths. A thick and phat lead would certainly beef up the low-end of this piece. 

Your percussion could use work. I see you had some noise sweeps throughout the piece, but your percussion needed some fill-ins and extra stuff to spice things up. 

All in all, it's an ok piece, but it could use quite a bit of work. I'm here if you need any help with anything you don't understand in my critique. Shoot me a PM any time. 

12 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Ok. 

It's a decent listen. However, watch your quality. If you're gonna upload to youtube, always make sure you upload your vids in 720p or 1080p for the best audio quiality. 

Kudos to using an 8-chord progression. However, it staled out really early due to the fact that it was repeated for almost the entire song. Also, be careful with progressions that end with the I. It's best if you end your progressions with chords other than the I so that you can tie it back to the I chord. Here are some suggestions for some chord progressions:

I-V-vi-IV-I-III-vi-V

I-vi-IV-V-IV-ii-vi-V

vi-IV-I-V-IV-ii-vi-V

IV-I-V-III7-vi-ii-IV-V

vi-ii-IV-III7-vi-III-IV-V

There are many other choices you can use. You can also use the III7 to resolve to the vi (aka the relative minor). Knowing you were in the key of C major, switching to a minor would give the piece some mystery. 

In terms of sound, again, watch how you upload your vids on youtube. Those strings in the beginning were rather bright. You could've had a second line running arpeggios with them. That music box bell sound could've been doing a little more instead of running on simple arpeggiated triads. Maybe add a beep lead running on step sequenced 16ths. A thick and phat lead would certainly beef up the low-end of this piece. 

Your percussion could use work. I see you had some noise sweeps throughout the piece, but your percussion needed some fill-ins and extra stuff to spice things up. 

All in all, it's an ok piece, but it could use quite a bit of work. I'm here if you need any help with anything you don't understand in my critique. Shoot me a PM any time. 

Thanks. I'll keep those tips in mind moving forward