Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hard to Say Anything  

147 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• *cringes* NNNNNOPE! ("I hate it!" >__<)
    • Eenope. ("I dislike it.")
    • *crickets chirping* ("…meh")
    • Eeyup. ("I like it!")
    • "It's MY cuddly-wuddly boopsie-woopsie pumpkin pie." ("I LOVE IT" <3)

(edited)

Note: Although the U.S. won't air it till May 27, Canada's Treehouse TV will air it tomorrow morning. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: Hard to Say Anything

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 13, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): May 27, 2017

Writer: Becky Wangberg

Summary: "When the Cutie Mark Crusaders discover that Big Mac has his first crush, they vow to help him win Sugar Belle’s heart before Feather Bangs does it first."

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

Each episode airs sometime between 11 and 11:30am EST, but its timing isn't completely consistent. When someone uploads the episodes on YT and DailyMotion, I'll link them to you here.

A poll will be published after it airs. Poll's up!

Canadian Airing Streams (links courtesy of EQD):
Otaku Brawler (the one I watched Leans In)
Brony Network
Lemonwalnut

DailyMotion:

YT:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 5

Part of me is hoping that Big Mac gets shot down in the end, but then he and Cheerilee end up together for realsies 

• Brohoof 3

I may have missed the Feather Bangs part when the synopsis was revealed. Here's hoping this avoids the whole 'two guys fight over a girl' thing. Very few tropes annoy me as much as that one does. I am cautiously optimistic they won't go down that path though. 

• Brohoof 2

I feel pretty good about this one! Know why? Cause every episode this season so far went beyond our expectations, so we might get surprised in here!

Also we might have Starlight and the CMCs interacting for the first time!

5 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

I feel pretty good about this one! Know why? Cause every episode this season so far went beyond our expectations, so we might get surprised in here!

True that. And you were the second person that mentioned the expectation of seeing Starlight in ten episode. For some reason that hadn't connected in my brain until DQ mentioned it to me. 

I'd be up for a scene or two with Starlight and the CMC. 

15 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

For her to show up makes sense: After all, she and Sugar Belle (and the rest of Our Four) have a history.

3 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Also crossing fingers for a minor appearance from Pinkie Pie and/or the Cake parents in Sugarcube Corner. Remember in Hearts and Hooves Day? The Crusaders visited there in one scene, where Big Mac and Cheerilee shared a milkshake.

And don't forget that Sugar Belle is a baker, much like Pinkie. They even both had a brief interaction in The Cutie Map Part 1.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen so many song titles in the course of compiling Billboard music singles charts that I'll often see a phrase and automatically think "There's a song called that!". So this is the song that comes to mind when I see this episode title - it peaked at #7 on the Hot 100 in 1981:

Given how sense season 5, Big Mac has been getting a pretty good amount of focus, with having episodes dedicated to him, I was pretty happy to hear that he was going to get one this season.

Plus I was really interested in that the show was going to have one of the ponies from Our Town actually do something for a change.

Also, any episode that can sink MarbleMac is something that I will look forward to.

I hope this episode can be good.

• Brohoof 1

Still mixed feelings about this synopsis. I still support Big Mac x Cheerilee.

But I decided to tell Cheerilee about this episode to get her thoughts as well since maybe this will be good for Big Mac in the long run.

cheerileehasagun.png.c75eaf002bbb68f8be019ca8c5fcfe47.png

Then again, maybe that was not the best idea.

"Hard to Say Anything" - The final Big Mac (and Sugar Belle) episode. :(

Scootaloo asks about Cheerilee.

Sweetie Belle says to force them to crush each other with a love potion doesn't count.

Um, so why did Cheerilee almost faint when Big Mac Flutterguy sang?

Sugah, Big Mac, kiss the fuck outta each other already!

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Scootaloo asks about Cheerilee.

Sweetie Belle says to force them to crush each other with a love potion doesn't count.

Um, so why did Cheerilee almost faint when Big Mac Flutterguy sang?

It's called a tease! Remember that at the end of Hearts and Hooves Day, Cheerilee and Mac decided to mess with the CMC by making it sound like they're still under the potion's effect! 

No, they're not officially together! Although, I won't hate anyone who ships CheeriMac, as long as they don't hate on other characters just for "getting in the way of their One True Pairing: CheeriMac." I can't stand people who have a "Die for Our Ship" attitude toward other fictional characters just because the hated character is "in the way of OTP"

So this episode was about Billy Ray Cyrus and Justin Bieber brawling, with the moral being that country music is better than pop music.

Oh and a ship became cannon I guess.

The episode is hilarious and I had a lot of fun watching it, but parts of it feel really fanficy. 

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Found a YouTube video! Better watch it before it's taken down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DflJY024Wzs 

Right before the theme song, 2 out of 3 CMC said the same thing, while the 3rd one said a different and longer sentence. It was hard to make out! Anyone out there who knows what was spoken?

"Written by Becky Wangberg" Is there a new Writer on board?

"Feather Bang" With a name like that I have to say, "The stuff they're getting away on kid shows these days!"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

As a Disney fan, I thought it was going to bash the "Disney Princess way of romance" too much in a negative way.

Luckily, it never fully crossed the line! Close, but not fully.

As least, Feather Bang looks like he's ending up with the 3 fan ponies instead of Sugar Belle. Even to this day, I've always wished that Gaston from Beauty and the Beast would give up on pursuing Belle and just go with the girls fawning over him!

516?cb=20141026201428Image result for image of belle and gaston

If he didn't tried to selfishly pursue Belle, he'd still be alive today!

I give a little credit to Feather Bang for not (sings) PURSUING LIKE GASTON! 

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, GrimGrimoire said:

OK, I kinda take it back... Big Mac and Sugar Belle are cute together.

Still, that episode made me wince a lot.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. With an episode, I usually have a list of things I enjoy that far outweigh the things I didn't ... this one though

I actually like SugarMac ... it is adorable ... even though I was a huge fan or CheeriMac. 

I liked the references to the live potion and Big Mac's angry reaction when it was brought up a few times. 

I liked Sugar Belle's consistent, "Oh this shit is annoying ... stahp!" looks throughout the song. 

It kinda had a good moral in there. 

Applebloom's slow and deliberate delivery of her question to Big Mac made me laugh my ass off because it hinted at a similar question my kid sis asked about my then best friend and eventually wife. 

Outside of that, yikes. 

Getting to those good parts was a bit rough. I'll be honest, not a huge fan of this one at all. I could be here all day itemizing the issues I have with it. It isn't the worst episode in the series, but if not for the character progression I would have rated this a 1 on that vote. 

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

When the Dr. Wolf review comes, I'd better brace myself! The comment section there will get so chaotic, even Discord would admit it's too much!

Edited by WiiGuy2014

3 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

BM tries to force-kiss Sugar Belle, and she freaks the hell out.

Surely this ain't so creepy! */s*

Creepy and they made Big Mac an idiot to follow the CMC's advice and even pull that stunt. 

• Brohoof 8

Just now, Jeric said:

Creepy and they made Big Mac an idiot to follow the CMC's advice and even pull that stunt. 

Suffice it to say it's the worst moment of the season so far.

Sexual harassment is NOT FUNNY!

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

In my opinion, This episode is probably one of the worst of the entire series, if not the worst episode of the entire series... I really never like it when Hasbro does a ship, so I wasn't expecting a lot out of it at all. But this episode had so many issues that made it nearly unwatchable...

1. Absolutely HORRENDOUS pacing... Describing it with a smile or metaphor would be basically impossible, because I have nothing to compare it to!

2. This episode is BEYOND cringy. I should have read the synopsis. If I did, I would have skipped it 100%. I really wish I could get those 20 minutes back!

3. The episode was boring. I would rather watch paint dry... That's something I should never have to say about any episode of MLP...

4. This episode NEEDED a B-plot to distract from the heavy romantic theme of it. I would even argue this should have been a B-plot...

5. Why THIS writer? Seriously, she's worked on some of the worst Fairly Oddparents episodes since 2011... I can't even, Hasbro...

6. Apparently, I'm not the only one who noticed this. It absolutely REEKS of really, really bad shipfiction...

In summary: HASBRO, WHY? Why must I suffer this to watch more good episodes? 3/10 (probably being merciful with that rating)...

Edited by Squirrel Luigi
  • Brohoof 11