Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hard to Say Anything  

147 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• *cringes* NNNNNOPE! ("I hate it!" >__<)
    • Eenope. ("I dislike it.")
    • *crickets chirping* ("…meh")
    • Eeyup. ("I like it!")
    • "It's MY cuddly-wuddly boopsie-woopsie pumpkin pie." ("I LOVE IT" <3)

There's that word again: "shy". Maybe at one point in the show's development it was accurate, but after seeing the flashback in Where The Apple Lies, this descriptor doesn't really hold up anymore. "Chastened", perhaps, but not "shy".

I sat all the way through Newbie Dash and 28 Pranks Later, so I thought I have pretty good tolerance. But for the first time ever, I refused to finish an episode. I got about to where Big Mac started singing and tapped out.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Squirrel Luigi said:

2. This episode is BEYOND cringy. I should have read the synopsis. If I did, I would have skipped it 100%. I really wish I could get those 20 minutes back!

Normally I hate the use of that word, but this episode did earn it at times. So cringe freely. 

And that writer came from FOP? 

>_>

10 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

There's that word again: "shy". Maybe at one point in the show's development it was accurate, but after seeing the flashback in Where The Apple Lies, this descriptor doesn't really hold up anymore. "Chastened", perhaps, but not "shy".

Fair point. It would have been better if they somehow addressed it as just shy around Sugar Belle. That is generally how it works when you like someone. You can be a fairly extraverted person, but be all turned around when you try and talk to someone you have a crush on. 

• Brohoof 3

It seems like not many folks like this episode, but I'm gonna be the exception.

I loved it! It gave me a very old-fashioned feeling. Like, a season 1 and 2 vibe. I adored this, and the shipping was adorable! So many great screencaps to be had!

Love it, love it, love it!

• Brohoof 1

Wtf is this episode? This episode is so stupid, i kinda enjoy it but its so stupid. I like that Justin Bieber pony, his songs are so Bieber.

This ep is so wierd, i dont know what to think about this ep, something wrong with the writting. 

R.i.p MarbleMac, CheeriMac, and FlutterMac... 

Something about this ep turned me off, i need to rewatch this ep to organize my thought. My first impression is 5/10.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lambdadelta said:

I like that Justin Bieber pony, his songs are so Bieber.

His name's Feather Bangs, and he still manages to be better than Bieber.

Granted, that's not hard at all, but still...

1 minute ago, Lambdadelta said:

R.i.p MarbleMac, CheeriMac, and FlutterMac...

And, of course, LunaMac.

• Brohoof 2

Okay This new pony, Feather Bangs. I didn't like him at first then he sang beautiful. He still was a little boring, then at the end ! He got a little bit of character,  yeah !  

Big Mac....it was some of your best...and your worst moments of this season so far.

This episode was a little cringy, but I'll give it a 7.5 out of 10.

• Brohoof 4

15 minutes ago, AkuStarburstLyraFries said:

Like, a season 1 and 2 vibe.

I get what you are saying here. I like when they do something simple and cutesy and bring the show back to it's roots. They can do that without sacrificing character growth though. Big Mac and the CMC have shown far more depth and nuance than this writer allowed. This is probably the first episode where I agree that there was actual character regression at times, even though the resolution pushed Big Mac's arc a little further which admittedly was nice. 

• Brohoof 4

The episode title is pretty ironic, considering i really don't know what to say about this episode. Is it bad? Yes, it actually. Is it one of the worst ever? I am not sure.

The first 5 minutes where fine for me and i liked that this "Gaston Pony" looked alot like Justin Bieber, which was a nice jab against him. But after that, the way the CMC tried to help Mac was horrible, to the point where Big Mac was coming off as a creep (see the hammock scene.) Parodying disney can be funny, if you do it the right way and this certainly wasn't the right way.

Also, this song sequence went on for 5 Minutes, a good quarter of the episode and it accomplishes absolutely nothing. If you are a first time writer for the show, a first impression is always important. Sadly, her name will now be quoted as "that writer who wrote this episode."

Worst episode of the season, and i am not even mad that headcanons got destroyed. I leave that to the others.

• Brohoof 10

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

and i am not even mad that headcanons got destroyed. I leave that to the others.

Thankfully, I've never really had a headcanon about Mac's love life, so I lost nothing. :lol:

And even then, said others will always have the "alternate universe" tag. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

5+ min. in.

Having Apple Bloom talk to Big Mac so slowly like he's a simpleton really doesn't work. Makes her (and the other CMCs) look like really big idiots.

• Brohoof 3

30 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

And Sugar Belle actually woke up to see Big Mac with the smooch lips.

…ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

I was dating, engaged, and married to one woman for 20 years. I she had woken up seeing a face pressed against hers, anytime in my relationship, the initial reaction would have been shock. Don't wake someone up that way even if it's ok with the other person ... it isn't romantic when they have a second of instinctual panic.

If we hadn't been dating, it may have been a slap.

• Brohoof 6

3 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

The episode title is pretty ironic, considering i really don't know what to say about this episode. Is it bad? Yes, it actually. Is it one of the worst ever? I am not sure.

The first 5 minutes where fine for me and i liked that this "Gaston Pony" looked alot like Justin Bieber, which was a nice jab against him. But after that, the way the CMC tried to help Mac was horrible, to the point where Big Mac was coming off as a creep (see the hammock scene.) Parodying disney can be funny, if you do it the right way and this certainly wasn't the right way.

I argee with you about how it didn't parody Disney in the right way. Came dangerously close to looking like Disney and Hasbro were turning into bitter enemies!

At least there was 1 or 2 tiny little moments that kept it from being totally unwatchable...

After i try to understand what the fuck i just watch, i come to realize...

This ep will be my first guilty pleasure of this season. Some parts of me enjoy it and the other parts of me try to convince me that this ep is a bad episode. I feel so wrong for enjoying this episode, i should not do that, this ep is BAD, its so cringeworthy and the pacing and writting just feel wrong. What the fuck is wrong with you, Hasbro, why you let that writer write this ep like THIS!!!? AND why did I ENJOY THIS EP!!!? Please god, forgive me, i knew this ep was bad but i cant stop myself...
I want a shipping episode so badly and i got this... and i feel regretted...

i feel so guilty, i hate myself..... .............

• Brohoof 2

How does one vote in a poll? Sorry, I'm new to this.
Anyway, yeah this episode wasn't the greatest. It was incredibly cringey, Big Mac had no reason to go along with what the crusaders were saying (to the point where he nearly sexually harassed Sugar Belle) and the plot and ship are contrived as hell.
But hey, at least Big Mac finds love. And I'm happy for him, I hope they make better episodes out of this ship in the future.

4 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

Dang, Big Mac, you're a harem protagonist 

Fluttershy, Cheerilee, Marble, Sugar Belle and Feather Bangs

Good on ya

Bruh what? Feather bangs isn't Big Mac's romantic ship xD

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Smooya said:

Pick your choice in the poll by clicking and click "Submit vote."

5 minutes ago, Smooya said:

Anyway, yeah this episode wasn't the greatest. It was incredibly cringey, Big Mac had no reason to go along with what the crusaders were saying (to the point where he nearly sexually harassed Sugar Belle) and the plot and ship are contrived as hell.
But hey, at least Big Mac finds love. And I'm happy for him, I hope they make better episodes out of this ship in the future.

Bruh what? Feather bangs isn't Big Mac's romantic ship xD

You need to post 5 times in this forum, before you can pick.

Welcome BTW. :)

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Sweetie Belle, why does it sound like using an idea from reading your fairy tale book will suck so much?

I have a feeling you're gonna rip this episode apart in your review.